Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

The team has absolutely played well the past few games and earned the wins. However, aspects of the league itself these days makes me jaded. Calls probably do even out over time, but that roughing the passer call against Seattle during WFT's first TD drive was an absolute joke, just like one called against Chase early in the season. And when Seattle didn't properly know the rules on their onside kick attempt at the end of the game and got called for the penalty, why do they get a second chance?  Should've been WFT ball and game over right then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

The team has absolutely played well the past few games and earned the wins. However, aspects of the league itself these days makes me jaded. Calls probably do even out over time, but that roughing the passer call against Seattle during WFT's first TD drive was an absolute joke, just like one called against Chase early in the season. And when Seattle didn't properly know the rules on their onside kick attempt at the end of the game and got called for the penalty, why do they get a second chance?  Should've been WFT ball and game over right then.

I didn't even think about them getting a 2nd chance. They really didn't deserve that extra chance at all, and it's kind of mind boggling how they got it. 

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What if we absolutely cash the Raiders?  

Like 23-10, 170 yards rushing style…what then?

Our destiny is in our own hands and there isn't a single team left on the schedule who has been playing especially well lately. Beating the Raiders handily would just illustrate once again that we can do what we need to do to make the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What if we absolutely cash the Raiders?  

Like 23-10, 170 yards rushing style…what then?

Carr is leading the league in passing yards right now, we gonna need 170 rushing yards to keep him off the field, but i dont see us holding them to only 10.  Philly is the team we might catch on an off day, extremely unpredictable on offense.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Our destiny is in our own hands and there isn't a single team left on the schedule who has been playing especially well lately. Beating the Raiders handily would just illustrate once again that we can do what we need to do to make the playoffs. 

And the Raiders are probably just another one of those teams that just can't seem to stay hot for very long.

We take em.

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We are going to lose in Vegas. Injuries are mounting up and we may reach a point where we can’t overcome them.

Right now it looks like a 3-3 finish to 8-9.

Just wanna duck in here and say that predicting bad things is the easiest thing in the world to do.  It takes no courage or forethought…we all know that bad things are gonna happen.

If you wanna be a shot caller…and a big baller…then you predict good things happening.  Ride an underdog or get out of the game.

Take a big sip…

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just wanna duck in here and say that predicting bad things is the easiest thing in the world to do.  It takes no courage or forethought…we all know that bad things are gonna happen.

If you wanna be a shot caller…and a big baller…then you predict good things happening.  Ride an underdog or get out of the game.

Take a big sip…

Sounds like the words of a gambler.

How appropriate as we head into Vegas

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Hard to believe that in two days we'll know whether we control our own 2 week destiny into first place in the division. 

If you had told me that'd be possible 3 weeks ago, I'd be in the hospital from the injuries I sustained laughing.

Yep. And i think the saints with taysom hill starting Thursday night have a much better chance against Dallas than the saints with Trevor Siemian starting. 

At this point it looks like we need to go 4-2 from here on out, and it doesnt matter who its against.  If we do that, I think its most likely we end up winning all of the tie-breakers with anyone else at 9-8 and make the playoffs.  Basically it means we need to win 1 each from Dallas, NY, and Philly, and then the last against either LV, Dallas or Philly.

If we manage to beat the Cowboys twice, then they will likely drop the one at Arizona, and the best they can do is 10-7.  That would mean theres an outside chance they drop one against either Philly, NY, or New Orleans and we could take the division then.  Obviously beating Dallas is first priority, but realistically we just need 4-2 from here on out against anyone.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine 

Overall Record, Conference Record

Note: Some teams have 5 games left, some have 6 games left. Some teams still have their bye ahead.

1. Cards: 9-2, 5-2

2. Packers: 9-3, 7-2

3. Bucs: 8-3, 5-3

4. Boys: 7-4, 5-1 = @Saints, @Team, @Giants, Team, Cards, @Eagles

5. Rams: 7-4, 5-3 = Jags, @Cards, Hawks, @Vikings, @Ravens, 49ers

Race for 6th and 7th Wild Card:

6. 49ers: 6-5, 5-4 = @Hawks, @Bengals, Falcons, @Titans, Texans, @Rams

7. Team: 5-6, 5-2 = @Raiders, Boys, @Eagles, @Boys, Eagles, @Giants

8. Vikings: 5-6, 4-3 = @Lions, Steelers, @Bears, Rams, @Packers, Bears

9. Falcons: 5-6, 2-5 = Bucs, @Panthers, @49ers, Lions, @Bills, Saints

10. Saints: 5-6, 4-4 = Boys, @Jets, @Bucs, Dolphins, Panthers, @Falcons

11. Eagles: 5-7, 4-4 = @Jets, Team, Giants, @Team, Boys

12. Panthers: 5-7, 3-5 = Falcons, @Bills, Bucs, @Saints, @Bucs

13. Giants: 4-7, 3-5 = @Dolphins, @Chargers, Boys, @Eagles, @Bears, Team

I think the race for NFC homefield is between Arizona, Green Bay and Tampa Bay.  This year, homefield maybe the key to getting to the Superbowl. One of those 3 will be the NFC champs.  I still think Dallas wins the East but they could lose it to us or the Eagles.  I think the Rams will win enough to get the 5th seed, they have a 2 game edge over all the 5 win teams and 1 game edge over San Fran.

49ers- I think their schedule is favorable enough for them to win the 6th seed. 

I think the real race is for the 7th seed.

Team- 9-8 or 8-9  seems like the likely scenarios.  

Vikings- Best case is 9 wins. We would have edge if we both are 9-8 due to better conference record.

Falcons-  They may 2 more games at best, not a threat.

Saints- Best case for them is 9-8. If they and us finish 9-8, they are better than us since they beat us.

Eagles- Best case for them is 9-8. Unless they sweep us, think we would get in over them.

Panthers-  Best case is 1 more win, not a threat.

Giants -  Best case for them is maybe the steal 1 win, not a threat.

I think we are competing against Minnesota, Philly and New Orleans for the 7th wild card.  4-2 is the worst we can go and one of those loses would be Sunday vs the Raiders.   To steal the division from Dallas, we would have to sweep them. 

Edited by Rdskns2000

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine 

Overall Record, Conference Record

Note: Some teams have 5 games left, some have 6 games left. Some teams still have their bye ahead.

1. Cards: 9-2, 5-2

2. Packers: 9-3, 7-2

3. Bucs: 8-3, 5-3

4. Boys: 7-4, 5-1 = @Saints, @Team, @Giants, Team, Cards, @Eagles

5. Rams: 7-4, 5-3 = Jags, @Cards, Hawks, @Vikings, @Ravens, 49ers

Race for 6th and 7th Wild Card:

6. 49ers: 6-5, 5-4 = @Hawks, @Bengals, Falcons, @Titans, Texans, @Rams

7. Team: 5-6, 5-2 = @Raiders, Boys, @Eagles, @Boys, Eagles, @Giants

8. Vikings: 5-6, 4-3 = @Lions, Steelers, @Bears, Rams, @Packers, Bears

9. Falcons: 5-6, 2-5 = Bucs, @Panthers, @49ers, Lions, @Bills, Saints

10. Saints: 5-6, 4-4 = Boys, @Jets, @Bucs, Dolphins, Panthers, @Falcons

11. Eagles: 5-7, 4-4 = @Jets, Team, Giants, @Team, Boys

12. Panthers: 5-7, 3-5 = Falcons, @Bills, Bucs, @Saints, @Bucs

13. Giants: 4-7, 3-5 = @Dolphins, @Chargers, Boys, @Eagles, @Bears, Team

I think the race for NFC homefield is between Arizona, Green Bay and Tampa Bay.  This year, homefield maybe the key to getting to the Superbowl. One of those 3 will be the NFC champs.  I still think Dallas wins the East but they could lose it to us or the Eagles.  I think the Rams will win enough to get the 5th sees, they have a 2 game edge over all the 5 win teams and 1 game edge over San Fran.

49ers- I think their schedule is favorable enough for them to win the 6th seed. 

I think the real race is for the 7th seed.

Team- 9-8 or 8-9  seems like the likely scenarios.  

Vikings- Best case is 9 wins. We would have edge if we both are 9-8 due to better conference record.

Falcons-  They may 2 more games at best, not a threat.

Saints- Best case for them is 9-8. If they and us finish 9-8, they are better than us since they beat us.

Eagles- Best case for them is 9-8. Unless they sweep us, think we would get in over them.

Panthers-  Best case is 1 more win, not a threat.

Giants -  Best case for them is maybe the steal 1 win, not a threat.

I think we are competing against Minnesota, Philly and New Orleans for the 7th wild card.  4-2 is the worst we can go and one of those loses would be Sunday vs the Raiders.   To steal the division from Dallas, we would have to sweep them. 

What does the second set of records mean? Ex: WFT 5-2.

There’s still a path to the division if we split with Dallas.  Say we each get to 10 wins, but Dallas also loses to either Philly or NYG.  We get it, right? (If Philly had less than 10 wins).

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What does the second set of records mean? Ex: WFT 5-2.

There’s still a path to the division if we split with Dallas.  Say we each get to 10 wins, but Dallas also loses to either Philly or NYG.  We get it, right? (If Philly had less than 10 wins).

Conference record

Depends who has the better divisional record.  Also, if it's a 3 way tie at 9-8; not sure he gets it then.  

Edited by Rdskns2000

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Any chance the league moves our 1 PM game against Dallas on the 12th to the 4:25 timeslot, or maybe even to SNF? (Probably not SNF since we already play in Dallas on SNF the day after Christmas)? Could be really important in division standings. 

No!

Purely for selfish reasons.

We go to the games. 4:25 and SNF games suck, from a tailgating perspective 😉