Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

14 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Playoff will be hard to make got to beat

Atlanta 

San Francisco 

Nyg twice

and probably Minnesota 

for tie breakers and get lucky with other teams losing. Could happen never know. Losing Tenn game a killer.

Yep, if we had won that Tennessee game, we’d be 5-3 now….

Losing to the Lions is the killer. Titans are at least a good team. I thought the Lions would be good and by advanced metrics early on they were, but now they've gone back to being the Lions. Of course against us Amon Ra St. Brown and Deandre Swift looked like Jerry Rice and Walter Peyton but have done basically nothing since.

The way I see it, the must wins are the Texans(because they stink), Falcons(50/50 game, potential tie breaker for Wild Card), Browns(Watson will be back so probably a 50/50 game but they're pretty bad too), and one of the Giants games(its hard to expect a sweep even though they're not as good as their record). That puts us at 8.

Then there are the Vikings, Eagles, 49ers, and second Giants games. We'll have to steal one, if not two of those. I actually think the Vikings are more beatable than people think. They're good and better than us but they aren't elite. They only have one win against an over .500 team and that was the Dolphins without Tua(and it was close). They also got shallacked by the Eagles. And Cousins always has those random really crap games.

Originally I thought 9-8 would get us in but now I think it's gonna take 10.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep, if we had won that Tennessee game, we’d be 5-3 now….

We basically WON the Chicago game in the same fashion though, as the Bears got to our 5 at the end and couldn't punch it in. And yesterday we scored the game-winner with what, 20 seconds left?  The wins against Jacksonville and GB were the ones that were, relatively speaking, convincing.

That's why you can look at games against the Browns and Texans as probable wins, but know in the back of your mind that they'll likely come down to the last minute.

10 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

IMO, Houston and Cleveland are the most likely games to prevail in to get you to 6. Atlanta would be another, gets you to 7. Splitting with NYG gets you to 8. Minnesota is the most overrated 6-1 team in league history, steal that one at you're at 9. That alone should be good enough. And by the regular season finale, Dallas might be in the best position it'll be in for the playoffs and might only play their guys for a half.

Of course the Skins aren't special and we likely can lose half those games I mentioned above lol. But the league itself, outside of PHL, BUF, and KC, isn't special.

Vikings game is definitely winnable. Perfect trap game for Cousins. 

Giants will probably sweep us though. We generally get rolled by divisional opponents with something on the line. 

Dallas' backups will probably roll us too if we're playing for a spot. 

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

Vikings game is definitely winnable.

Absolutely. And if we win on Sunday, a lot of people on here (me included lol) will convince themselves that we can beat Philly at the Linc on MNF the next week.

Philly's game against Houston on Thursday seems like a big trap game. Although Houston really stinks, so I can't see being even remotely convinced to bet against the Eagles in that one.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Jerruh won't let the Cowboys give us a game. It'll be like the Giants in 2016 all over again, their starters will play and play their absolute hearts out to make sure we don't get in.

They did in 2007, when they had the division clinched going into the last game. Romo and the starters played a half.

Jerruh doesn't dislike Dan as much as Mara does.

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

They did in 2007, when they had the division clinched going into the last game. Romo and the starters played a half.

Jerruh doesn't dislike Dan as much as Mara does.

That was 07, when Jerruh and Dan were still buddies.

Remember Jerruh is Anti-Dan now.

5 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Are you really that scared of minny right now? They’ve beaten one team with a winning record. A tua less dolphins. They looked just like we did against the eagles if not worse who is the only other team they’ve played with a winning record. Their wins have come against opponents with a combined record of 18-29 with one of those wins against again a dolphins team without their starting qb. Kirk is doing what Kirk has made a fortune off of winning against teams with losing records. now are they likely a better team than us right now yeah sure not arguing that but they aren’t this juggernaut some are making them out to be 

Vikings just need a couple of tds And e.g.. 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Absolutely. And if we win on Sunday, a lot of people on here (me included lol) will convince themselves that we can beat Philly at the Linc on MNF the next week.

Philly's game against Houston on Thursday seems like a big trap game. Although Houston really stinks, so I can't see being even remotely convinced to bet against the Eagles in that one.

Philly will crush us. It should be a blowout win for them.

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2007 at 2:19 PM, RenegadeTK said:

well guys, unlike some people on this board, i refuse to go quietly into the night. if we win out the rest of our games, we still have a good chance of making the playoffs this year. and i still believe we have it in us to beat everyone on our schedule.

minus the pats game, all of our L's have come down to the wire. now it's a matter of just winning those games, rather than letting them be taken from us.

this is what being a fan is about. our playoff run begins against the Bears tomorrow. rally behind your team!

12/6vs.http://redskins.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/AKHICFKCGKCK/bears.gifBearshttp://redskins.com/images/common/spacer.gif12/16@http://redskins.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/AKHICFKCGKCK/giants.gifGiantshttp://redskins.com/images/common/spacer.gif12/23@http://redskins.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/AKHICFKCGKCK/vikings.gifVikingshttp://redskins.com/images/common/spacer.gif12/30vs.http://redskins.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/AKHICFKCGKCK/cowboys.gifCowboys

Hail to the Redskins! :logo:

EDIT: Current Playoff Picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/RenegadeTK/PlayoffPicture.jpg

I think you were a misunderstood prophet @RenegadeTK.

After this thread  you may have gone back into the mysterious internet ether that spawned you never to be seen, heard, or smelled again, but you will never be forgotten.

Fifteen years after you first  shared your divinely inspired revelation with the forum you are still being discussed, and fifteen years from now, those that remain, will still be in awe of you.

A solemn toast to your immortality from we who shall soon be fertilizing daffodils, while your legend continues to grow.

Amen.

RenegadeTK (seated in the center) is toasted by the mysterious "Extremeskins Secret Society of 4" shortly after he created this thread.

image.png.90115d7144e33239c0e7519f7310a893.png

"To the sacred enigma we call life!"

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I think you were a misunderstood prophet @RenegadeTK.

After this thread  you may have gone back into the mysterious internet ether that spawned you never to be seen, heard, or smelled again, but you will never be forgotten.

Fifteen years after you first  shared your divinely inspired revelation with the forum you are still being discussed, and fifteen years from now, those that remain, will still be in awe of you.

A solemn toast to your immortality from we who shall soon be fertilizing daffodils, while your legend continues to grow.

Amen.

RenegadeTK (seated in the center) is toasted by the mysterious "Extremeskins Secret Society of 4" shortly after he created this thread.

image.png.90115d7144e33239c0e7519f7310a893.png

"To the sacred enigma we call life!"

With all due respect to RenegadeTK, he's not the originator lol...the original "Paloffs is Now" thread was from 2005. RenegadeTK revived the essence of the original thread with this one in 2007. I think someone also revived the essence of the "Paloffs is Now" thread with a 2009 version, and possibly someone did it yet again in 2012.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

With all due respect to RenegadeTK, he's not the originator lol...the original "Paloffs is Now" thread was from 2005. RenegadeTK revived the essence of the original thread with this one in 2007. I think someone also revived the essence of the "Paloffs is Now" thread with a 2009 version, and possibly someone did it yet again in 2012.

2009? We were 4-12 in 2009, why would it be needed that year? 2008 is probably what you’re thinking of, with the 6-2 start and all 

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

2009? We were 4-12 in 2009, why would it be needed that year? 2008 is probably what you’re thinking of, with the 6-2 start and all 

"8 in a row or we don't go" was the rallying cry of that thread lol...We were probably 2-6 when the thread was made.

Then again, we were 3-6 in 2012 and "7 in a row or we don't go" was the rallying cry that year, and we did indeed rip off 7 straight wins...so....

7 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I had a dream last night and all was revealed to me.

I’m calling shenanigans— cosmic shenanigans of epic proportions far beyond our limited mortal capacity to  grasp. —shivers—

This is all a dastardly conspiracy to hide the truth from the people— and our jolly good friend @Califan007 The Constipated is  actually one of the “Extremeskins Secret Society of 4” puppet masters manipulating us and ultimately the course of history itself behind the scenes!!

Cali and the other SSO4 members are actually time travelers!

The truth shall set you free! Can I get an amen!!??

They have a plan to rule the world in what is to them the past but to us the future. It was not difficult for them to create the paloffs threads over the years because they know exactly who will win every game.

They used poor RenegadeTK and others throughout history as easily disposable front men. When they were done with one they buried him out back under the rose bushes with the others and went on to the next, like Norma Desmond did in “Sunset Boulevard”.

We will soon all be under the tyrannical rule of these time surfing fiends.

The only question remaining is who are the other 3 members of the SS04 and what are their plans……….for YOU?

I’m going to take a nap now and dream on it 😴 

P.S.

By the way I stopped taking my anti-psychotic meds yesterday and I’m really feeling groovy daddio.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

"8 in a row or we don't go" was the rallying cry of that thread lol...We were probably 2-6 when the thread was made.

Then again, we were 3-6 in 2012 and "7 in a row or we don't go" was the rallying cry that year, and we did indeed rip off 7 straight wins...so....

Damn I figured people would’ve just known how awful that 2009 team was and gave up 😂

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I had a dream last night and all was revealed to me.

I’m calling shenanigans— cosmic shenanigans of epic proportions far beyond our limited mortal capacity to  grasp. —shivers—

This is all a dastardly conspiracy to hide the truth from the people— and our jolly good friend @Califan007 The Constipated is  actually one of the “Extremeskins Secret Society of 4” puppet masters manipulating us and ultimately the course of history itself behind the scenes!!

Cali and the other SSO4 members are actually time travelers!

The truth shall set you free! Can I get an amen!!??

They have a plan to rule the world in what is to them the past but to us the future. It was not difficult for them to create the paloffs threads over the years because they know exactly who will win every game.

They used poor RenegadeTK and others throughout history as easily disposable front men. When they were done with one they buried him out back under the rose bushes with the others and went on to the next, like Norma Desmond did in “Sunset Boulevard”.

We will soon all be under the tyrannical rule of these time surfing fiends.

The only question remaining is who are the other 3 members of the SS04 and what are their plans……….for YOU?

I’m going to take a nap now and dream on it 😴 

P.S.

By the way I stopped taking my anti-psychotic meds yesterday and I’m really feeling groovy daddio.

18 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but iirc, players in the Super Bowl don’t attend the Pro Bowl.  Maybe it’s changed w the new format?

Players were there last year. Though some decided not to participate. The new format might get better results since it is a competition thing with flag football instead.

But regardless, getting voted to pro bowl shows the player that their hard work was worth something, even if their team didn't make it to SB, and they were selected by fans and coaches, etc. It is a an accomplishment to most.

49 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Players were there last year. Though some decided not to participate. The new format might get better results since it is a competition thing with flag football instead.

But regardless, getting voted to pro bowl shows the player that their hard work was worth something, even if their team didn't make it to SB, and they were selected by fans and coaches, etc. It is a an accomplishment to most.

so the pro bowl whatever is Feb 5th, correct?  And the Super Bowl is Feb 12th, correct?

Just call it a hunch but I’m guessing players that are going to the Super Bowl will not be participating in some half-ass flag football game.

The original post was implying (somewhat cheekily but wth it could happen) that Mr Way would be busy (not that he couldn’t still be voted in) preparing for the Super Bowl.  

sheesh…….

Edited by stoshuaj

• 10 months later...

Making a game of it today against a high-powered Giants offense should have everyone psyched for the paloffs. Josh Harris probably isn't familiar with the term.

In the NFC, you have Philly, Dallas, Detroit, San Fran, and Seattle. Then a whole bunch of suck that we are included in. One of those members of the schoolhouse of suck will win the NFC South. 

We are so in the mix 😁