Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

9 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Which kicks out the Saints because of their loss to the Falcons. Thanks.

If all of us are tied that wouldn't matter because no team has wins over EVERYONE. It would come down to total conference record where would be the best at 5-2.

• Thanks 1

It's entirely too early to be worrying about playoff permutations and tie breakers. We will not win 5 straight divisional games. But we could easily win 3 and maybe even 4 if they have found themselves these last 2 games and its not just two nice games in the middle of ****. Win the next 2 and then we can start having serious discussions about PO possibilities. Lose one and it's pretty much over. That makes these next 2 games must wins. The rest will take care of itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

7 hours ago, goskins10 said:

It's entirely too early to be worrying about playoff permutations and tie breakers. We will not win 5 straight divisional games. But we could easily win 3 and maybe even 4 if they have found themselves these last 2 games and its not just two nice games in the middle of ****. Win the next 2 and then we can start having serious discussions about PO possibilities. Lose one and it's pretty much over. That makes these next 2 games must wins. The rest will take care of itself. 

If they win MNF then it's a legitimate situation.  I think the losers look for a WC berth and the winners look at the possibilities of winning the division. After last year, I'm not counting out any wildass scenario.

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

If they win MNF then it's a legitimate situation.  I think the losers look for a WC berth and the winners look at the possibilities of winning the division. After last year, I'm not counting out any wildass scenario.

I am close to that. But I think we have to win both the next two games. Going into divisional play 5-7 will not cut it. Too many other teams to pass and no way we win 5 divisional game. i hope no one is truly thinking we can win 5 straight divisional games. 5 straight games is doable with some non-divisional games in there. But win 5 straight games all against divisional rivals? Just not seeing it. And I would say that for anyone even the best team in the NFL. 

I also think tonight is the hardest game of the next two. I know Seattle looks down but they love getting healthy against us. We play like we did the last 2 games and we win. But it will not be an easy game. Beat Seattle then i like our chances against LV. They are an up and down team.

And BTW it's always legitimate. My point about it being too early to talk abotu permutations is that there is jsut too much football to be played. While it may be fun - and that is a good reason if you want to - nothing is going be the same when you get to the end of the season.  

Also, we are still 4-6 lol. Let's at least get within striking distance of .500 before talking options. In my mind the next 2 games tell it all. Win them both and I really like our chances, permutations be damned. Lose 1 and it gets a little dicey and we will need some help. Lose both and it's over. 

As they say, one game at a time. Hope they take care of business tonight. I ****ing hate Seattle anyway. Would love to effectively end thier season tonight while giving ours another boost forward, a major boost. 

24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Also, we are still 4-6 lol. Let's at least get within striking distance of .500 before talking options.

You can say the next two or 4 of 6 or whatever but there's only one game on at a time...so, 5-7 puts them in the conversation now because they'll be the last seed and a loss is Game Over Man!  That's to keep the conversation alive they are in a must win situation.  It would be nice to see this team win a game they should for a change and not the opposite. Honestly, I gave up watching or really paying attention to this team at 2-4 because they were unwatchable. Now, at least for this game, it's interesting.  I don't think it's a good team, it's a .500 roster when they're all healthy.  Looks like a 9-8 team could get a WC spot as it's playing out, but not very likely. WFT and me have a game by game relationship for 2021.  If it's interesting then I might spend a some time watching, but when it's not, I have no problem (not like in the last 30 years) NOT watching this team.

As well, I give the current coaching staff 3 years. In year 2, they should have started better and that's on the coaches.  They better finish at .500 or better going into year 3 or people will be jumping off the Riverboat.

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

If we can fix short yardage runs we might have something.

Sheehan mentioned this on Twitter, but I'd have to see the actual stats. It seems to me that the team is significantly more effective at picking up 3rd and short than they have been in the recent past. I think I'm still scarred by that New Orleans game in 2017 when we couldn't gain a 3rd and 1, had to punt to Brees, and the rest was history.

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Sheehan mentioned this on Twitter, but I'd have to see the actual stats. It seems to me that the team is significantly more effective at picking up 3rd and short than they have been in the recent past. I think I'm still scarred by that New Orleans game in 2017 when we couldn't gain a 3rd and 1, had to punt to Brees, and the rest was history.

They have been but today was really bad. I don't mind running on 3rd and 1 but not shotgun draws up the middle to a guy who is not good in traffic.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They have been but today was really bad. I don't mind running on 3rd and 1 but not shotgun draws up the middle to a guy who is not good in traffic.

Dude are going to the super bowl! Start being happy! Taylor is the man!!!! I’m semi not joking. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 4:17 AM, Koolblue13 said:

You've gotta be absolutely salivating at this draft coming up. You could absolutely flip the switch on your defense. I saw a mock with yall getting stingly, Dean and Lloyd and im still pissed. Ols

Yeah, but it was a lot more exciting when the Dolphins were 1-7 and looked like they might be headed for a top five pick. Now it's looking like they might be a 7 or 8 win team with their pick being between ten and twelve. I figure the Eagles own pick will probably be somewhere between ten and fifteen. The Colts pick probably won't be better than sixteenth and could be somewhere in the twenties. I have little doubt that they'll go defense almost exclusively.

I still want to enjoy the rest of the season before turning my attention to the draft.

• Like 1

Earlier in the year I was ready to check out mentally. Still watched the games but didn’t ride the lows. Here I am riding the highs again. It’s like dating this girl you know is absolutely going to break your heart and leave you crushed but dammit I'm gonna enjoy these next two months and ride this ride! 

• Like 1