Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need Chad Johnson or rebuild the 0-line? (merged)

JustAfan47

We have seen what Randy Moss is like with a team who has a QB who cannot throw the deep ball. Terrible.

We have seen Randy Moss with a team in which the QB is great and accurate.

So you want to bring in a deep threat to a team which has a QB who cannot throw the deep ball and is a 50/50 passer. That is a sure fire recipe for disaster , as Oakland found out.

My trade

Bengals get:

2nd Round Pick

Brandon Lloyd(Basically cap room for skins)

Conditional 6th Round Draft Pick

n Snyder would be happy becuase of the buisness side of it and the Fans/Coaches would love it becuase of how he is a gamer and a consistent 1,000 Yard Reciever who can score 5 or 6 Touchdowns a season.

Forget about trading B-Lloyd. That is a net negative for the Bengals on the trade, because of his contract. We gave him that absurd new contract, and now no one will touch him.

The offensive scheme is the problem. Mark Brunell or Jason Campbell; it doesn't matter really. JC ONLY ATTEMPTED 3, three, thres, Tre, trois, passes OVER 15 yards the ENTIRE GAME. What good is having a ferrari in the garage if you're going to drive it 10mph on the autobon????

WTF!!!

HELLO?>??

:laugh: Better yet, whats the use of having a ferrari when you're just going to leave it parked in the driveway :laugh:

We do need WR help but I don't think Johnson is the answer. He will be asking for to much money and he just isn't worth it with our current scheme. Maybe we can draft a Mario Manningham if we are lucky. Pay him mid round pay for a few years until Campbell and our offense are ready to take off.

I am not that hesitant with Campbell. Let's give him some real weapons and go from there. If he doesn't improve next year then perhaps we start looking for his replacement.

The offensive scheme is the problem. Mark Brunell or Jason Campbell; it doesn't matter really. JC ONLY ATTEMPTED 3, three, thres, Tre, trois, passes OVER 15 yards the ENTIRE GAME. What good is having a ferrari in the garage if you're going to drive it 10mph on the autobon????

WTF!!!

HELLO?>??

Did you even think before posting this. What you just said makes no sense. Everyone complains that JC over throws his WR so if you had a Ferrari wouldn't it be able to catch the ball with its high speed!!!????

Didn't read the whole thread and I don't mean this to be a jerk, but I've been hearing that Chad wants out of Cincy, but I've seen nothing on TV of him saying this. Is there an article or a show that he said it on.

And to add the Marcus Washington, he's 31, been injury prone the last 2 years and will have a high cap number. He'll have to re-do his contract or he'll be gone. We have 136 million in money tied up next year, so he could be one of the first to go.

If Chad Johnson could play half as well as he runs his mouth, maybe he'd be worth getting. He doesn't, so I want no part of him. He'd be a huge distraction that we don't need. I realize our WR aren't producing right now, but Chad Johnson is not the answer.

We need to look at getting younger and building for the future through the draft. A lot of our best players right now are players that came to us through the draft, not free agency or trades. Keep that in mind next time you want to talk about Chad Johnson.

Didn't read the whole thread and I don't mean this to be a jerk, but I've been hearing that Chad wants out of Cincy, but I've seen nothing on TV of him saying this. Is there an article or a show that he said it on.

And to add the Marcus Washington, he's 31, been injury prone the last 2 years and will have a high cap number. He'll have to re-do his contract or he'll be gone. We have 136 million in money tied up next year, so he could be one of the first to go.

heres the closest thing i found on CJ leaving the bengals

http://blogs.bengalszone.com/?p=727

Looking at some of the mock draft sites, I see 26 OL, DL( not counting centers) ranked in the top 100. Many of these should be available in 2nd/third round, and some of them I recognize from college ranks. If we want to look at the future for line help, a trade-down or a trade for immediate help with lets say our #1 to someone lower down for their #1 ( or lower 1 plus 2nd/3rd rounder) might be a possibility. We could also look at packaging picks and players for multiple 2nd/3rd picks to do a balance of youth and experience. I tend to believe that we do still have a few years left of both lines, and young blood is a good idea. Other options include a trade that has already been mentioned of Marcus Washington (kinda hate to lose him) for Chad Johnson and a pick or two. Problem is, our picks should be worth less than the bungles, so value isnt there for us, unless we can do some packaging for that to work to our advantage. The 'Skins have always been a F.A. first, draft second building team, and I think that that is about to change with what was said last year about keeping most, if not all, of our picks.

One thing to consider about our o-line (not right now) is a look to the future. Our o-line is getting older (as opposed to old), and it'd be good to start drafting or getting a plan to begin replacing them with newer blood. I think we're still young enough to put such a plan off for the next few years, but it's always something you have to consider.

you can't fill holes on both sides of the line, cb, wr, lb, and backup qb all through the draft. something is going to have to come through fa and maybe a trade.

the way i see it there is no reason to not be in the running for chad and at least see what kind of price tag he could be. he fills one of our bigger holes. if they want a draft pick then they would never get better than a late second from any team. mcgahee is younger and went for a 3rd and 7th. Chambers is the same age as Chad and went to the Chargers for a second rounder. I would imagine Chad's value would be somewhat similar. In my own personal opinion I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a second. Pick up someone for the oline and dline with our 1st and 3rd round picks then target a cornerback in free agency.

Yes yes...thank you could have not said it better...I still want D. Hall to come back home to Virginia..

Archived