Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need Chad Johnson or rebuild the 0-line? (merged)

JustAfan47

Our pass offense is not very good and I don't think we deserve him. CJ wants to make big plays every play and the fact that we haven't seemed capable of getting that done, he would get very very frustrated here. It would get very ugly very fast. I so No to this trade idea. Draft either Limas Sweed of UT or Jaison Williams from Oregon (Both are big, fast Plaxico Burress type of recievers without the attitude). We need a go-to WR in the redzone and it can't be Cooley if we want to be a top 10 offense.

I love talking about trade talks as many of you know...I mean...I may be the worst at wanting to trade so&so for jared allen and such...

I realize that many people are interested in Chad Johnson,Larry Fitzgerald and so many players that I would be all about...as far as talking trade talks and such....

However...I may be mistaken and if I am then I apologize for sure..!But does the trade deadline end after week 5 of the season..?

I just don't understand the trade talks right now...I'm sorry!

But ya....Chad Johnson would be studly in the B&G!HTTR!

Let's kick the crap out of the Eagles!

I don't know why we would trade a high draft pick for a soon to be 30 year old WR with a big mouth and annoying attitude coming off an injury. He has a whole lot of talent and will make some team very very happy for a good 5 years or so. He was also a 2nd round draft pick. I think we should be looking at finding our own young WR in the draft.

Look - any one person who thinks we are going to continually win games with our current WR Corps...is blinded by their own B&G goggles. I love ARE...I love 'Tana...but they aren't successful ingredients for 300+ passing yards on a regular basis.

Everyone laughed at me when I wanted Calvin Johnson...and you all can laugh at me for wanting Chad Johnson...but you let me know if you can look me directly in the eye...and say that we would have ZERO TDs to WRs...right now, this season, if we had someone that had uncanny speed....tremendous power...and was over 6'.

We have a young QB that is terrible on short routes - yah, that's right - TERRIBLE. His accuracy is low...and he needs a big target to throw to. If we had that one last ingredient...a tall...fast WR that can make plays...we would be so much better. It would be like...adding London Fletcher to our Linebacker corps.

All of those claiming that we do not "need" Chad Johnson...or someone like Chad...obviously have never played the game...or understand today's NFL. Those same people, I'm sure, hide the fact that they hate when 'Tana is your best option...on 3rd and 6...when Al decides to call that horse-poo flag route...in coverage.

A tiny WR has a tiny target zone. We have a young QB that is inaccurate early in his career - A BIG, FAST, STRONG WR MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

Good thread - regardless of the fact that it has been repeated (every ounce of material on this site is repetitive...so just brush off the haters)

Trade deadline's past for this season. Doubt Cincy would cut him now, which is the only way we'd get him this year.

And to think about him for next year, well that's a long way off. Too much can change. And things may be very different around here by the end of February [hopefully we'll have a 4th Lombardi by then:40oz:].

the proper response of the Redskins to the wide receiver problem is to quietly go into the offseason, release Lloyd and then go into the April draft and find a receiver over 6'0 to bring in here who has a good work ethic and skills to compete for a spot.

we don't need any expensive free agents or trades that cost multiple picks.

Lloyd and Randle El cumulatively cost this team a fortune and then you look and see what the Patriots are paying Moss or how the Packers always seem to develop younger, cheaper receivers in house...........and you see how the Skins missed the boat here.

I dont know if a trade would be a good idea persoanally I would rather draft a reciever that is good in the third or fourth round and see if they can help us out no way should we give a a trade or free agency for any other players till we start winning consistantly

I dont know if a trade would be a good idea persoanally I would rather draft a reciever that is good in the third or fourth round and see if they can help us out no way should we give a a trade or free agency for any other players till we start winning consistantly

Exactly. Also, CJohnson wasn't a first rounder. It is possible to find talented receivers in the middle rounds of the draft. Except for the Redskins of course.

Look I don't know about any of this. All I know is on Sports Science (crappy show i know) they gaged Chad Johnson's range from a single point and by dimensions was a bigger target than an elephant (by dimension). They also determined that with that given range he is capable of standing in a two car garage and catching a ball placed anywhere in that garage. PHA-NOMINAL. RE-DICULOUS.

Look I don't know about any of this. All I know is on Sports Science (crappy show i know) they gaged Chad Johnson's range from a single point and by dimensions was a bigger target than an elephant (by dimension). They also determined that with that given range he is capable of standing in a two car garage and catching a ball placed anywhere in that garage. PHA-NOMINAL. RE-DICULOUS.

That can't be true.

That can't be true.

I know i threw in the Jim Rome joke there at the end. But I was being serious. They actually determined that. They had a picture of all his catches transposed on top of each other and it showed his range side to side up and down etc. Some of them were jumping and diving catches of course. It was pretty cool.

Derrick Anderson Career G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

Overall Rec 6-7 Exp 3yr 13 214 374 57.2 2901 7.8 22 78 17 82.8

Jay Cutler Career ------G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

Overall Rec 5-8 Exp 2yr 13 225 356 63.2 2691 7.6 17 71 13 86.9

Jason Campbell Career- G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

Overall Rec 7-8 Exp 3yr 15 243 434 56.0 2817 6.5 16 66 13 75.6

Matt Leinart Career---- G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

Overall Rec 7-10 Exp 2yr 17 274 489 56.0 3194 6.5 13 58 16 71.2

Vince Young Career---- G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

Overall Rec 13-9 Exp 2yr 22 277 508 54.5 3054 6.0 15 53 21 65.2

Alex Smith Career------- G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

Overall Rec 11-20 Exp 3yr 31 423 772 54.8 4565 5.9 19 75 31 63.9

A list of all the young starting QB's in the NFL..

I love talking about trade talks as many of you know...I mean...I may be the worst at wanting to trade so&so for jared allen and such...

I realize that many people are interested in Chad Johnson,Larry Fitzgerald and so many players that I would be all about...as far as talking trade talks and such....

However...I may be mistaken and if I am then I apologize for sure..!But does the trade deadline end after week 5 of the season..?

I just don't understand the trade talks right now...I'm sorry!

But ya....Chad Johnson would be studly in the B&G!HTTR!

Let's kick the crap out of the Eagles!

Look, I love 'tana, and '05 was a magical year, but we have to face facts. It was an anomaly for him. What we're seeing now is more in line with the majority of his career. Lots of potential, slowed by hamstring injuries.

Our WR corps(e) is bottom 1/3 in the league. Maybe worse. If it were average, we would be more likely to get a wildcard spot. As it is, people are worried if we'll make it or not. Perfectly understandable.

Didn't we give that away for Kendell?...or was it a 3rd or 4th or something?

We will give a fifth round pick to the Jets if Kendall plays less than 80 percent of the snaps on offense. But will give them a fourth instead if the plays more than that. Barring injury I think they will get a fourth.

i would give a second rounder for chad in a heart beat and they would take that too.

I don't like it. Give up a second round pick and get a headcase in return. I know Johnson is great but I think this team is ready to get players through the draft. Only pick the Skins are missing next year is probably a fourth.

I guess some of you really dont know anything about joe gibbs.

First of all, he rates charecter at the #1 spot. Since CJ is all about me, me, me. That would pretty much give him an F in this category.

Secondly, Joe is a run first (2nd and sometimes third) kinda coach. Which means CJ's chances of getting the ball would be much less in washington.

CJ wants out right now mostly, because he aint getting the ball. His on and off field whinning and outburst has done nothing less than disrupt the ability of the bengals.

You people are crazy to even think JG would consider this guy in B&G.

You are also out of your mind for ever wanting a virus like this on our team.

nuff said!

Archived