Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need Chad Johnson or rebuild the 0-line? (merged)

JustAfan47

What difference does a mismatch on the defensive backs make when the money and draft picks paid for Johnson came at the expense of a couple of qualify lineman? An QB lying on his back can't throw a pretty ball. And if there is no running game that is produced by a good line, the safetys are free to double-team anyone they want.

When will Skins fans start wishing for linemen? Not exciting enough for ya?

Next year we will have a healthy o-line and they only person we need to replace is jansen so all we need to a right tackle we don’t need to go crazy on the line.

Next year we will have a healthy o-line and they only person we need to replace is jansen so all we need to a right tackle we don’t need to go crazy on the line.

Are you kidding me? This line is paper-thin. Instead of signing Johnson, they could bring in 3 lineman and suddenly it don't matter who's running the route. JC could sit back there all day and wait. And the running game would force the defense to put 8 men in the box. My sister could get open under those circumstances.

Are you kidding me? This line is paper-thin. Instead of signing Johnson, they could bring in 3 lineman and suddenly it don't matter who's running the route. JC could sit back there all day and wait. And the running game would force the defense to put 8 men in the box. My sister could get open under those circumstances.

JC was sacked 12 time’s last year. Now we will get the same o-line back from 2006. Why do you think that we need so much at the line?. I would agree and finding a replacement for Jansen but that about it..

JC was sacked 12 time’s last year. Now we will get the same o-line back from 2006. Why do you think that we need so much at the line?. I would agree and finding a replacement for Jansen but that about it..

This team needs a lot of help on both lines. As you saw this year when a few injuries hit. Thomas has been hurt 2 of the last 3 years. Janson 2 of the last 4. All the starters are on the older side. If you don't think they need to start grooming some quality backups, then there is a problem. This team will never be successful until they stop bringing in high-priced veterans at the skill positions instead of spending more time and resources on YOUNG talented lineman.

Ah...Redskins fans. Always hoping the team can dig through another team's trashcan and find a star. No need to draft and develop one on your own! That would take too long!

There is a reason that other teams players are available: because they are dispensable. If they weren't, they wouldn't be on the market. Most front offices realize this. I hope one day the Skins will too.

Finally! A voice of reason. We've been burned way too often. We need depth on the O-line and D-Line. So it's not worth trading a draft pick that could secure what we need. And don't even think about drafting a receiver next year. Gibbs is setting this thing up to make his push next year. A receiver takes 2 - 3 years on the average to take off (heard much of Calvin Johnson lately? And in a pass first Offense at that).

Love to watch Chad but number 85 is bad juju for the Redskins. Don't make that mistake. If you really want a good bargain then get a up and coming, no name receiver who's a FA that will come cheaper. Such as one of the taller Saints receivers.

This team needs a lot of help on both lines. As you saw this year when a few injuries hit. Thomas has been hurt 2 of the last 3 years. Janson 2 of the last 4. All the starters are on the older side. If you don't think they need to start grooming some quality backups, then there is a problem. This team will never be successful until they stop bringing in high-priced veterans at the skill positions instead of spending more time and resources on YOUNG talented lineman.

I see your point. I just think there’s got to be a way were we can have both..Have are cake and eat it too..2nd 3rd 4th rounders are good place’s to find good line man and still R. Thomas is a legit line men and not that old still got 3 or 4 year’s in him. We got serviceable back up’s not starter’s but serviceable.

THANK YOU! The voice of reason speaks! :applause: :cheers:

I think Cinci will want a 1st for him. CJ may be a showboater, but he's NOT a cancer like TO (or Lloyd)- his teammates LOVE him, and he's got a great work ethic.

He's also got Palmer throwing to him, who's probably the 3rd best QB after Brady and Manning, so it's tough to gauge how much his production will drop off with Tony Ba... er, Campbell throwing him the ball.

It all starts with your QB. Moss is wide open on post patterns every other week, and Campbell has yet to be able to find him or get the ball to him. How would a wide open Chad Johnson getting overthrowin be of any use.

Let use that first round pick on a QB and then if Campbell can't and probably won't get any better next season...then we have a QB on the bench with a year of experience with the playbook.

As far as wide receiver, there should be several wideouts available next season not named Chad.

And just about all the starters are over 30, which means injuries will be inevitable. Yeah, we'll have the same great line on opening day (unless someone goes down in preseason), but odds are we won't finish the season with the same guys.

I think Cinci will want a 1st for him. CJ may be a showboater, but he's NOT a cancer like TO (or Lloyd)- his teammates LOVE him, and he's got a great work ethic.

He's also got Palmer throwing to him, who's probably the 3rd best QB after Brady and Manning, so it's tough to gauge how much his production will drop off with Tony Ba... er, Campbell throwing him the ball.

Okay, I need to rebut that one. On a Monday night football game a few weeks ago, he ran the wrong pattern and it led to Palmer throwing an interception. He then got into an argument with Palmer, denying all wrong-doing about the play, even though it was cleary his fault. He's gotten into shoving matches with coaches and continually undermines Head Coach Marvin Lewis' authority. Chad Johnson IS a cancer and I don't want him on my team.

ok ok ok...so no Chad we need line help right? we spend 1st 2nd and 3rd on the line both side's of the ball right?

Where we draft has a lot to do with who is available. We have needs at both lines, CB, WR, QB (yes, I said it), and even a LB couldn't hurt us. So...while the lines seem the most urgent right now, it is hard to tell what the best move is. I'd like to see us take a skill player in the 1st, then go linemen for the rest of the draft...but again, it's all about who falls to us.

Archived