Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need Chad Johnson or rebuild the 0-line? (merged)

JustAfan47

I like JC. I think he is a great kid. I think his potential appears to be pretty limited at this point. I know its only been 15 games, but its been 15 games and he played as well or better last season. Poor progression. Guys who are ready to take the next step have done it by now. Geez, Clemens on Sunday showed us the difference. I think JC is butting his head up against the limits of his abilities right now. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he has 8 more games to make some pretty significant improvement or we need to start looking. He would make a very solid backup QB.

That's just crazy...

I agree some one of those thing’s yeah he need’s to improve in some area’s but for the most part he is doing better then last year with a beat up o-line that is just know gelling with each other. What I would love to see is JC get mad and yell at some of his WR’s put some fire under there feet start to be accountable for that offence and to start being a leader so that he can take that next step. JC need’s to take the fall is the offence does not produce and not be babied by the coaching staff.

The reason people want Williams is very simple. Size. He has it. None of our guys do. A successful offense needs at least one tall, athletic WR these days. I don't think anybody believe Williams would be a long term solution, just a stop gap. Chad Johnson, he could be more of a solution, but I don't think he is economically feasible at this point. And like someone else said, we don't have a Carson Palmer to throw to him.

Size? Of course he has size but what good would it do if he does not want to be a team player, professional and play? Find a cheaper option like Copper with the Saints or in the draft. We have enough money invested in our WR's as it is. Whatever cap space we have should be used to bolster the DL.:2cents:

No, the Brandon Lloyd Experiment has shied me away from me-first wide receivers. Chad Johnson is more concerned about working on his touchdown celebrations than he is for what's good for the team. His attitude will poison the locker room, for sure. We need to focus on the offense and defensive lines first.

Size? Of course he has size but what good would it do if he does not want to be a team player, professional and play? Find a cheaper option like Copper with the Saints or in the draft. We have enough money invested in our WR's as it is. Whatever cap space we have should be used to bolster the DL.:2cents:

I don't disagree with you. Just explaining...

Sounds like a big gamble put yeah he’ll come cheap.

I'd see it as a bigger gamble if it was a knee injury or something but its his wrist and plays similar to Plaxico Burress what way he boxes out for each pass. Just picture all those overthrown balls to the short ARE and Moss and picture receptions in this kid's hands. We need this kind of player to complement Moss and ARE would be deadly as a slot WR. And yeah, he'll come cheap. And plus we'll see if the wrist is a huge problem at the Combine. I think its obvous that ARE and Moss are difficult options to find in the redzone and its obvious that Cooley is often JC's only option. We need that tall WR that can convert those FGs to TDs in the redzone.

I think its obvous that ARE and Moss are difficult options to find in the redzone and its obvious that Cooley is often JC's only option. We need that tall WR that can convert those FGs to TDs in the redzone.

Really pains an Auburn fan to say this, but what do you think of D.J. Hall from Alabama. He's tall and has made great catches this year.

You cannot compare having interest in Chad on the same lines as Mike Williams. It is a totally different player. Someone who has actually proved themselves. The Bengals aren't going to be looking to move him because of his inability to perform. Theres a relationship between him and the coach that isn't working. It's the same thing as Randy Moss was in Oakland and look at what he is doing now. Chads numbers have shown that he isn't a gamble in terms of performance.

Last 4 years:

1,369 yards 7 tds

1,432 yards 9 tds

1,274 yards 9 tds

1,355 yards 10 tds

There's nothing wrong with the WR's we have now. We need to call the right plays to get them the ball.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with them once they get the ball..you dont think that we need a big wide out for the slot?...johnson can draw double every time he line's up and that would free up moss or ARE

I dont think that Johnson would really become a bust.

Until his me-first attitude causes problems. He wants to be traded from Cincy. Is the Redskins organization THAT much better that he wouldn't want to be traded from here? When that happens (after the inevitable $50m contract he'd be granted) he would officially be a bust.

That's just crazy...

I agree some one of those thing’s yeah he need’s to improve in some area’s but for the most part he is doing better then last year with a beat up o-line that is just know gelling with each other. What I would love to see is JC get mad and yell at some of his WR’s put some fire under there feet start to be accountable for that offence and to start being a leader so that he can take that next step. JC need’s to take the fall is the offence does not produce and not be babied by the coaching staff.

Well that's me, Crazyguy. I would think it would be hard for JC to yell at the receivers for dropping a ball when he misses them more often than they drop one. The more I watch him the more he looks like a guy with limited upside. In 2 more seasons he will be a solid average QB who doesn't lose games for you. That's one way to go I guess. Build everything up around him and let him be a consistent game manager. Its very hard to win SB's that way anymore.

Well that's me, Crazyguy. I would think it would be hard for JC to yell at the receivers for dropping a ball when he misses them more often than they drop one. The more I watch him the more he looks like a guy with limited upside. In 2 more seasons he will be a solid average QB who doesn't lose games for you. That's one way to go I guess. Build everything up around him and let him be a consistent game manager. Its very hard to win SB's that way anymore.

Yeah i guess every one has there own thought's

*cough* Roethlisberger *cough* Dilfer *cough* Brad Johnson *cough*

No, it is not...

Damn if we had Chad Johnson it would be so easy to get mis match’s on most D’s all day. Redskins come out 3 wide with C. Johnson, S. Moss, and A. Randle El

What difference does a mismatch on the defensive backs make when the money and draft picks paid for Johnson came at the expense of a couple of qualify lineman? An QB lying on his back can't throw a pretty ball. And if there is no running game that is produced by a good line, the safetys are free to double-team anyone they want.

When will Skins fans start wishing for linemen? Not exciting enough for ya?

Archived