Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need Chad Johnson or rebuild the 0-line? (merged)

JustAfan47

i would give a second rounder for chad in a heart beat and they would take that too.

No way. Let's spend our FA money on Jared Allen, draft a WR in round 1 that can spend his career here (Malcolm Kelly, Adarius Bowman, Limas Sweed, all bug guys with big-play potential) and save our 2nd and 3rd rounders for OL.

That would help this team dramatically

Sorry man, but this is a horrible example. Ben was 13-0 as a rookie and won the SB in his second year.

but you get the point. Campbell is growing right now. The QB position is the most complicated position on the team, but some people around here get upset when they see another QB developing faster.

As far as Ben, if you look at his game by game stats in his first year, they didn't throw very much. Every game his numbers were like "12 for 20, 200 yards". - Sound familiar? :D

...not to mention, Ben stepped into an already built team with a great O-line, where Campbell is developing under a line with half its starters out.

Where we draft has a lot to do with who is available. We have needs at both lines, CB, WR, QB (yes, I said it), and even a LB couldn't hurt us. So...while the lines seem the most urgent right now, it is hard to tell what the best move is. I'd like to see us take a skill player in the 1st, then go linemen for the rest of the draft...but again, it's all about who falls to us.

you can't fill holes on both sides of the line, cb, wr, lb, and backup qb all through the draft. something is going to have to come through fa and maybe a trade.

the way i see it there is no reason to not be in the running for chad and at least see what kind of price tag he could be. he fills one of our bigger holes. if they want a draft pick then they would never get better than a late second from any team. mcgahee is younger and went for a 3rd and 7th. Chambers is the same age as Chad and went to the Chargers for a second rounder. I would imagine Chad's value would be somewhat similar. In my own personal opinion I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a second. Pick up someone for the oline and dline with our 1st and 3rd round picks then target a cornerback in free agency.

you can't fill holes on both sides of the line, cb, wr, lb, and backup qb all through the draft. something is going to have to come through fa and maybe a trade.

the way i see it there is no reason to not be in the running for chad and at least see what kind of price tag he could be. he fills one of our bigger holes. if they want a draft pick then they would never get better than a late second from any team. mcgahee is younger and went for a 3rd and 7th. Chambers is the same age as Chad and went to the Chargers for a second rounder. I would imagine Chad's value would be somewhat similar. In my own personal opinion I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a second. Pick up someone for the oline and dline with our 1st and 3rd round picks then target a cornerback in free agency.

Yes yes...thank you could have not said it better...I still want D. Hall to come back home to Virginia..

I think if/when this team peters out this year, Joe Gibbs might be desperate enough to work out a deal to get him here in his last year of coaching.

Personally, I'd work on fixing our O-line. Our receivers aren't the problem, it's pass protection. If given time, Campbell could start connecting on those long over thrown passes.

I think if/when this team peters out this year, Joe Gibbs might be desperate enough to work out a deal to get him here in his last year of coaching.

Personally, I'd work on fixing our O-line. Our receivers aren't the problem, it's pass protection. If given time, Campbell could start connecting on those long over thrown passes.

Let’s just wait still Dec. 16th when R. Thomas come’s back to see if we really need to focus 98.99% of are time to o-line..

I like JC. I think he is a great kid. I think his potential appears to be pretty limited at this point. I know its only been 15 games, but its been 15 games and he played as well or better last season. Poor progression. Guys who are ready to take the next step have done it by now. Geez, Clemens on Sunday showed us the difference. I think JC is butting his head up against the limits of his abilities right now. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he has 8 more games to make some pretty significant improvement or we need to start looking. He would make a very solid backup QB.

Poor progression, huh? Played as well or better last season? To be sure, JC could've done better in some instances this season, but these statements simply undermine any credibility the poster has when considering JC has had games like the Detroit matchup where he won NFC Offensive Player of the Week and, though he didn't win it when he played GB, he actually performed better that game than he did the Detroit game. To say that this, among other things, doesn't consitute something better than last season or doesn't pass muster as some progress is incredible.

Further compounding the poster's crediblity issues is the reference Clemens. This guy is coming in with (1) nothing to lose and (2) is given complete free rein by the coaching to do what he wants given the that Jets season is now demolished. If the Jets are 4-4, you'd see a completely different gameplan and you probably wouldn't have seen Clemens in there at all.

Pretty sure they are gonna be looking for defense plus a draft pick. But moving Betts would have been a good move before he signed the big contract. Too bad. We could have gotten soooooo much for him this past offseason.

fine, they can have lee torence too

Does anyone else find it sad that this organization has made it that a thread on offseason upgrades comes along at the midway point of the current season, with the team in a potential playoff race?

Is this what us Skins fans have become? Not even caring about the team as it is now but what it could be after free agency? Only looking at the future while ignoring the present? This team has conditioned us to feel this way. And I think it's kinda sad.

I'd say that the o-line is a problem at times, but that the issues here are that Moss is injured and teams are now concentrating on Randle-El. When that happens, your deep options are limited. If Moss gets better, our deep game will open up again.

I think that next year with Samuals, Kendell, Rabach, Thomas, and maybe Jansen ( I think that we need to find a replacement for him) that are o-line is legit. Yeah what if some one goes down we can serviceable back up’s..I don’t mind spending a round or two on o-line but there is no reason to go loco for coco puff’s too

Let’s just wait still Dec. 16th when R. Thomas come’s back to see if we really need to focus 98.99% of are time to o-line..

One thing to consider about our o-line (not right now) is a look to the future. Our o-line is getting older (as opposed to old), and it'd be good to start drafting or getting a plan to begin replacing them with newer blood. I think we're still young enough to put such a plan off for the next few years, but it's always something you have to consider.

I think that next year with Samuals, Kendell, Rabach, Thomas, and maybe Jansen ( I think that we need to find a replacement for him) that are o-line is legit. Yeah what if some one goes down we can serviceable back up’s..I don’t mind spending a round or two on o-line but there is no reason to go loco for coco puff’s too

true. - I'd like to see us get 2 guards to groom, seeing how the 2 you mentioned above are 2 of the older guys on the line.

I'd say that the o-line is a problem at times, but that the issues here are that Moss is injured and teams are now concentrating on Randle-El. When that happens, your deep options are limited. If Moss gets better, our deep game will open up again.

I agree but Campbell hurries his passes because of the lack of pass protection thus, you get the constant over throws.

Or...insert Chad here and the ball falls 3 yards in front of him just like with Moss...yep, that outta get it goin even further...

That's a very fixable problem. And the times when JC has overthrown a WR, it was inexplicably done when the WR was WIDE open. When the WR is covered, JC throws a beautiful -- and accurate, sometimes pinpoint accurate -- deep ball. Intermediate throws, now that's a different story. He needs to work on that.

I am all down for Limas Sweed. Watched his highlights and he made some nice catches...he looks like a young Plexico. However I think CJ would be worth a 2nd and a 5th rounder...the guy is a top reciever and will speed up JC's progression. I doubt Gibbs would go after a guy like CJ because of his attitude, but CJ is not a TO, he just takes his celebrations to the extreme.

The way our offence runs we use a RB, TE, 2 WR...even when we use 3 WR's JC is rarley able to check that 3rd target. So basically if we get CJ we should probly trade away Moss or ARE...personally I would get rid of ARE, hes older and I think with teams double covering CJ that Moss could step up big...This will probly never happen thoe so o well.

Archived