Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need Chad Johnson or rebuild the 0-line? (merged)

JustAfan47

I think this offseason we need to use our 1st rounder on a large WR if possible. In the rounds that follow the priorities are as follows: OL, OLB, DL. Chad Johnson will be 30 next season and while he will obviously still be good for some years to come, I would rather have us draft a young WR in the Art Monk mold than get a player who maybe has 6-7 years left, will have declining skills, and is a loudmouth.

I think OL depth is a big thing but we should be plucking guys between rounds 2-4 that we think can be starters for us a year or so down the line...especially at guard. Outside backers come after that- we should try to grab someone in rounds 4-6. I like how we picked up Blades last year- he will be the starter when Fletcher leaves...now we need to start backing up Marcus. DL should come last...round 6 or 7 we nab a project player at DE. Chris Wilson is getting a lot of playing time and could be a starter when Daniels leaves, Carter isn't old enough to start replacing yet, Montgomery and Golston are promising DT's and if we could get another player in their mold we could be in good shape.

We could have Jerry Rice, Charley Taylor and Art Monk as the wideouts and it wouldn't matter if the offensive line doesn't give the quarterback enough time to get the ball to them. Focus on the lines first, then go for the skill positions. Plus, this team really doesn't need Johnson's prima donna attitude poisoning the locker room.

Our o-line will be back -- all indications are that they will be good.

As for WR, I have difficulty believing BL can turn it around. ARE can get healthy. Moss is another story: he had 1 healthy year. Otherwise, has been injury prone. In fact, if you check his Jets career, he was injury prone there too.

We need a reliable 3rd down WR.

I havent read everyones comments but come on while Chad Johnson does some great football playing the last thing we need is a concided jerk on the team. He is not a team player!! He has not caused that team to win anything. He is all about ocho cinco and not about the Bengals. He will always be about ocho cinco and not about his team!!

I think that we need help on the o-line right now. WE need some guys who can block and give Campbell time to throw the ball. Have you ever seen how long Brady and Manning have to throw the ball??

I think that we need help on the o-line right now. WE need some guys who can block and give Campbell time to throw the ball. Have you ever seen how long Brady and Manning have to throw the ball??

This is true.

However, at this time of the year, there is nobody around. So, we need to wait until 2008. But by that time, our oline will have healed anyways, with some depth.

We need to find a WR in the draft and patch our aging line pronto. CJ would be nice, but he will not be a bargain. Lloyds contract will hurt us for years, and I would not be suprised to see MB extended. ST needs an extension. We need DL. We will not have the money, and shouldn't blow it on one guy anyway.

Ah...Redskins fans. Always hoping the team can dig through another team's trashcan and find a star. No need to draft and develop one on your own! That would take too long!

There is a reason that other teams players are available: because they are dispensable. If they weren't, they wouldn't be on the market. Most front offices realize this. I hope one day the Skins will too.

Drew Brees... yeah the Saints were def digging thru the trash on that one.

on offense we need a young guard to understudy Thomas and a young tackle to work with Heyer as developmental players behind Samuels and Jansen. I would bring in a veteran receiver with decent size, but most importantly a TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS as an NFL wide receiver. We gave MILLIONS to Randle El and Lloyd without either player having the established history of success to warrant those outlays.

on defense, we need to get younger and more athletic at DE. We also need TWO younger corners to develop. We also need an understudy at strongside linebacker where Washington, 30, and Godfrey, 34, are both aging.

we DON'T need Chad Johnson. and we don't need any more mega-free agent signings.

we need to admit our mistake on Lloyd and move on there.

Does anyone else find it sad that this organization has made it that a thread on offseason upgrades comes along at the midway point of the current season, with the team in a potential playoff race?

Is this what us Skins fans have become? Not even caring about the team as it is now but what it could be after free agency? Only looking at the future while ignoring the present? This team has conditioned us to feel this way. And I think it's kinda sad.

Smart people think ahead, try it before you make a reply next time. You don't think our FO/Staff are already discussing this?

Johnson, while a phenomenal talent, turns 30 in January. I know he has plenty of game time left and all but I would rather our team draft its own version of him and make them work their behinds off to make this team instead of bringing in all of these "overpaid" (see the Lloyd experiment) or just aging (Mccardell) receivers from other teams.

I still hope that Lloyd can pull something out of this season and I am by no means bashing Pops but I just prefer to go through the draft. Our needs at present seem to be the lines and a big receiver, if Vinny doesnt draft Linemen before the 4th we need SOMEONE to spend our day 1 picks on so lets make it easier for him.

Johnson, Moss, Randle El, Cooley. There would be atleast 2 players open on every drive..We get a strong o-line back next year. Samuals, Kendell, Rabach, Thomas, Jasen(i dont mind finding a replacement for him) we have Wade, Pucillo, DeMulling, Fabini, Heyer, and Sampson as back up's I think that we dont need so much at 0-line but one more draft pick maybe a 3rd would be ok and spend 1st, 2nd, and 4th on CB's LB's and D-line men.

I said it the last time this came up and I'll say it again, I wouldn't give anything to get him. We don't need or want the guy.

It should also be pointed out that he'd be inactive for the first two or three weeks and then we just wouldn't throw to him.

Archived