Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need Chad Johnson or rebuild the 0-line? (merged)

JustAfan47

So Chad Johnson does not want to be in Cincinnati any more. Johnson is a great player talk’s a lot and is so into himself it’s not even funny any more BUT the man produce’s. If we show intrust what would you think it would take for him to come to Washington? Cinci really need’s help on the D side of the ball so what could we do to better them and better us to and land Johnson here in the Nations Capital.

:logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet:

I think we need Limas Sweed of Texas in next year's draft. Hopefully he'll still be around when we pick but he's a big WR (6'4, 217) He's out for the season with a wrist injury and he's no burner but is pretty fast on the field so hopefully he slip to towards the bottom of the first round.

WE might want him and WE might need him! but if Gibbs doesn't like him for whatever reason its goodnight vienna to any deal! :rolleyes:

Personally I'd take a gamble on him even though we have talent in WR already, but agree that he may get frustrated if we can't get the ball to him on a regular basis.

I would LOVE CJ to become a Redskin. I have no idea what it would take to make this happen, but a second rounder would be worth it, IMO.

Someone else mentioned Marcus Washington, I dunno about that, but I would considder it if it were a viable deal. CJ might bring slightly more to this offense than Marcus does for this defense. Then again, I might be saying this because he has been hurt and losing a leader like Marcus would be felt in other ways for sure.

CJ, on the other hand would bring some swagger and confidence to the Skins' WR corps. Plus he is an exceptionally hard worker and would set the bar pretty high for the other WRs to want to match. I also think having a guy of CJ's ability would make the DBs better just by getting to practice against someone like him.

my :2cents:

I think we need Limas Sweed of Texas in next year's draft. Hopefully he'll still be around when we pick but he's a big WR (6'4, 217) He's out for the season with a wrist injury and he's no burner but is pretty fast on the field so hopefully he slip to towards the bottom of the first round.

Sounds like a big gamble put yeah he’ll come cheap.

We have entirely too much invested in our WR's corps. ARE and Moss with Keenan, Thrash and Reche is sufficient enough for now. Hell, we're barely using the guys we have now so I don't understand this fascination with guys like Chad or Mike Williams. Why anyone would want Williams is beyond me.

Find a WR in the draft and go heavy on the DL in FA.:2cents:

I would LOVE CJ to become a Redskin. I have no idea what it would take to make this happen, but a second rounder would be worth it, IMO.

Someone else mentioned Marcus Washington, I dunno about that, but I would considder it if it were a viable deal. CJ might bring slightly more to this offense than Marcus does for this defense. Then again, I might be saying this because he has been hurt and losing a leader like Marcus would be felt in other ways for sure.

CJ, on the other hand would bring some swagger and confidence to the Skins' WR corps. Plus he is an exceptionally hard worker and would set the bar pretty high for the other WRs to want to match. I also think having a guy of CJ's ability would make the DBs better just by getting to practice against someone like him.

my :2cents:

i agree

I would never want him on my team, everyone think hes fun and entertaining, but the guys in the locker room are probably growing tired of his act. Once his team starts losing or he doesn't get the ball he will become a problem.

Really?...So now you dont like JC?

I like JC. I think he is a great kid. I think his potential appears to be pretty limited at this point. I know its only been 15 games, but its been 15 games and he played as well or better last season. Poor progression. Guys who are ready to take the next step have done it by now. Geez, Clemens on Sunday showed us the difference. I think JC is butting his head up against the limits of his abilities right now. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he has 8 more games to make some pretty significant improvement or we need to start looking. He would make a very solid backup QB.

We have entirely too much invested in our WR's corps. ARE and Moss with Keenan, Thrash and Reche is sufficient enough for now. Hell, we're barely using the guys we have now so I don't understand this fascination with guys like Chad or Mike Williams. Why anyone would want Williams is beyond me.

Find a WR in the draft and go heavy on the DL in FA.:2cents:

The reason people want Williams is very simple. Size. He has it. None of our guys do. A successful offense needs at least one tall, athletic WR these days. I don't think anybody believe Williams would be a long term solution, just a stop gap. Chad Johnson, he could be more of a solution, but I don't think he is economically feasible at this point. And like someone else said, we don't have a Carson Palmer to throw to him.

Ah...Redskins fans. Always hoping the team can dig through another team's trashcan and find a star. No need to draft and develop one on your own! That would take too long!

There is a reason that other teams players are available: because they are dispensable. If they weren't, they wouldn't be on the market. Most front offices realize this. I hope one day the Skins will too.

Curious as to why you think that? Injuries? Marcus is one of my Auburn guys. I would love to see him playing at Wash. for a long time.

Well, looking at what the Bengals need, which is defense, specifically LB's, as well as what we have that MIGHT be worth a Chad Johnson, I came to Marcus. He is one of my favorites as well, but he is one of those guys that is about to be due a lot more cash than he earns in this contract year. He also seems to be slightly more injury prone as he ages, and I think we have looked alright without him. Several experts have said that they thought this would be Washington's last year here anyway. This whole thing is just speculation anyways, don't worry about it too much.

Archived