Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need Chad Johnson or rebuild the 0-line? (merged)

JustAfan47

We have entirely too much invested in our WR's corps. ARE and Moss with Keenan, Thrash and Reche is sufficient enough for now. Hell, we're barely using the guys we have now so I don't understand this fascination with guys like Chad or Mike Williams. Why anyone would want Williams is beyond me.

Find a WR in the draft and go heavy on the DL in FA.:2cents:

" We have entirely too much invested in our WR's corps".

Yea! With zero production. We need to get this guy. He is a playmaker.

Nuff Said!

Just asking . . . does anyone know if . . .

1. The Bengals, even in light of CJ's express wishes to leave, are willing to part with him?

2. If so, what they would trade him for?

Is there any evidence, even of the "yellowcake" variety, that even remotely bears on this issue?

There are rumblings on the Bengals fan site that nothing will be discussed until the offseason

Yellowcake variety?? Do you mean facts that are either ignored for a different agenda or laughed at because some think its inconceivable though it was possible all along

There are rumblings on the Bengals fan site that nothing will be discussed until the offseason

Yellowcake variety?? Do you mean facts that are either ignored for a different agenda or laughed at because some think its inconceivable though it was possible all along

Yes, even "yellowcake" (i.e., dubious) blithering would do right now. ;)

My trade

Bengals get:

2nd Round Pick

Brandon Lloyd(Basically cap room for skins)

Conditional 6th Round Draft Pick

Redskins get:

Chad Johnson

That trade would only happen if the Bengals were desperate to get rid of Chad Johnson becuase of the cap thing i had in the trade though.

We don't need to rebuild the offensive line. It's already good. It is just never healthy this season.

Anyway, if we got Chad Johnson Snyder would be happy becuase of the buisness side of it and the Fans/Coaches would love it becuase of how he is a gamer and a consistent 1,000 Yard Reciever who can score 5 or 6 Touchdowns a season.

I think OL depth in the later rounds of next year's draft would be sufficient. The line is talented but getting old. We just need young depth to groom as eventual starters. There's not a single one of our actual starters that would need to be replaced when healthy. And we actually have a good young prospect at tackle. IMO, we need young guards pretty badly.

We do need a big WR as well, but IMO we don't need Chad Johnson. If both Johnson and Fitzgerald are on the trading block next year, I'd take Fitz over Johnson without thinking twice.

I'd prefer to attempt to fill these needs in the draft though. Would rather have more offeseasons that compare to this past offseason in terms of being smart and frugal with player pick ups outside the draft.

I wouldn't go to the ledge if we traded a 2nd and a 6th for Johnson, though I'd rather us just keep the picks and draft OL depth.

I'd be even more supportive if we could recoup the picks via trading older veterans - a 3rd for Washington, a 5th for Jansen, a 3rd for Springs, etc.

Just getting 2 of those deals done make trading a 2nd and 6th for Johnson look a lot more palatable.

Only if Johnson is recovering from hamstring and heel injuries like Moss or did you not know he is still hampered??

I do believe Moss is hampered, and will be for the rest of his career. However, other than commentators speculating, do we have any evidence that something is wrong with Moss? I am not saying there isn't any, I am just not aware of anything other than speculation. Also, doesn't matter if I'm out there running the route, if he overthrows me, it's overthrown. Doesn't matter if you are slow or fast. I have serious doubts that Moss is really any slower than he's ever been since Campbell has been the starter. It's definitely all speculation at this point though.

Randy Moss was had for a 4th round pick. I don't think Johnson is as big of a gamble, probably would be a 2nd or 3rd, but enough of trading picks. How about our trash for theirs? Cincy would not want that so why would we?

I don't think Johnson would like the team running the ball 40+ times to be team successful.

I am a CJ fan, but he wouldn't fit here. Let's find another way to get that "big" WR, ya'll want.

I like JC. I think he is a great kid. I think his potential appears to be pretty limited at this point. I know its only been 15 games, but its been 15 games and he played as well or better last season. Poor progression. Guys who are ready to take the next step have done it by now. Geez, Clemens on Sunday showed us the difference. I think JC is butting his head up against the limits of his abilities right now. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he has 8 more games to make some pretty significant improvement or we need to start looking. He would make a very solid backup QB.
Funny I was thinking the same thing. Not really crazy about JC and thought we should have drafted a QB last spring. JC is gonna have to step it up the rest of the season before he makes me a believer. I would take CJ in a heartbeat. Our receivers are second rate. Cheers.

Archived