Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playstation 3 -- It Just Isn't Catching On

Hooper

I think backward compatiblity is important when a system 1st comes out, since it has limited games. When the system is out for good period of time it builds on it's own games. The question is, is there enough good quality next gen games out for it? That's up to individuals, case in point, if you are a sports game player, well there is already a football, b aseball, baketball game out there for PS3 then go for it. But if you like Final Fantasy, then there is no point for a PS3 at this time.

I agree. I mean there are so many games for the PS2 that I haven't played. I could stick with it for a couple of years. The only thing on the horizon that would inspire me to buy a PS3 that only plays PS3 games would be God of War 3.

I agree. I mean there are so many games for the PS2 that I haven't played. I could stick with it for a couple of years. The only thing on the horizon that would inspire me to buy a PS3 that only plays PS3 games would be God of War 3.

When I got a 360, the most played game I played on it was Halo 2. Wasn't until GoW came out that a game on 360 was played more than Halo 2 I believe

And I cant believe Nintendo...just as I thought they were dropping off the radar, they come out with the Wii. What an awesome system.

Yeah, my mom is 56 and I come home and she is playing in the living room. My mom loves that Wii, its crazy to see her playin video games, she be all serious, gettin mad when she loses, I see where I get it from. She loves that system though. :laugh:

I haven't gotten a new system yet, but when I do I have two criteria that would influence my buy.

1. Is price, PS3 is the clear loser in this category.

2. Is exclusive games I would like to play. And I think PS3 takes another big hit in this category. I remember having to have a PS2 because they had exclusive rights over Resident Evil and Grand Theft Auto. But now what does PS3 offer? Anything besides God of War 3 and MGS 4? I feel those would be the only two titles I would miss out on going with an Xbox 360.

Have you played Folklore? Beautiful game with a very deep story.

Not yet. I played through the demo in half drunken, half asleep haze and wasn't all that impressed. I'll give it another go. From reading your posts about the game, I have a feeling that it's impressed you as much as Heavenly Sword impressed me.

I'm probably gonna get a Wii for xmas. No interest in xbox at all. Call me insane, but I never really thought Halo was any fun. More of a CS guy I guess. As for PS3, the only way I'll be getting one is if the price drops to around $300 or I win one in a contest. I can count all the games I'll ever want to play on PS3 on one hand.

Resident Evil 5

Silent Hill 5

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII versus

Metal Gear Solid 4

That's it, haven't seen another single game that interests me for it. Not worth the $ currently to play only 5 games over the next 3-4 years (since some of these are almost that far away).

Not yet. I played through the demo in half drunken, half asleep haze and wasn't all that impressed. I'll give it another go. From reading your posts about the game, I have a feeling that it's impressed you as much as Heavenly Sword impressed me.

The demo for Folklore sucked but the final release is fantastic.

When I got a 360, the most played game I played on it was Halo 2. Wasn't until GoW came out that a game on 360 was played more than Halo 2 I believe

I traded my xbox in the next day after I got my 360(the midnight release, still going strong with no freeze ups).

You didn't like DOA4 and GRAW?

Personally the price point will get me to buy 360 Elite sometime after xmas this year. To me it -is- about library of games and not what the potential of a system is. Why fork out $500+ for a PS3 now when I can grab one for 1/4 less a year or more from now when the games I might play come out. PLUS by then I'm sure the Platinum Hits from the launch titles will be down to $25 or less making catch up that much fun/cheaper.

Who knows though, maybe with some revisions and price drops the PS3 will do like the NINTENDO DS went from fugly to pretty slick and dominating it's segment of the game world.

I played a few games on the PS3 at my friends house last weekend.

Heavenly Sword is incredible.

Fall of Man was better than Halo1-3 in my opinion.

I can't wait to get one. The price is about to drop again.

I'm really into the Final Fantasy series of games and that's pretty much why I stay with the Playstation line.

Call of Duty 4 is great -- comes out in two weeks. And Kane & Lynch looks like a lot of fun.

It's going to be real hard for Sony to catch up with the 360. More people have it and therefore their friends get it so they can play against each other.

Archived