Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playstation 3 -- It Just Isn't Catching On

Hooper

you mean THE other one? yeah, mario sunshine was a huge disappointment. its funny because nintendo disowned it as the successor to mario64

In my drunken state, that made me laugh

Nintendo said **** you mario sunshine, lmao

Toys R Us just ended a sale where you could buy two games and get one free.

I picked up....

Bioshock

Halo 3

Orange Box

Blue Dragon

PGR4

Metroid Prime Corruption

Zelda Phantom Hourglass

Carnival Games

Mysims

Bioshock and Orange Box are for me. The others are for the kids this Christmas.

Does anyone have any experience playing Blue Dragon? This is for a nine year old that liked Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario. He also like the Zelda frnachise. I don't know if this game is similar in nature.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/34551/118/1/1/

Summary

Quite evidently, the PS3 is the most “open” console. Users are not bound to the very rigid set of specifications mandated by the Xbox 360 and Wii hardware. This should make it an appealing target for developers and consumers, but it’s not. Unfortunately, in trying to make the actual specs of the system as cool as possible, Sony seems to have forgotten that it still needs quality games.

I should also not forget the price barrier. That one seems to have thrown Sony an enormous curve ball. It’s hard to even remember all the different models of the PS3 Sony has tried to market, each one backfiring in the end. It is kind of hard for anyone to really become loyal to a system when the system’s maker doesn’t even know what it should have inside.

I imagine this has caused all kinds of headaches for developers as well. I can picture the frustration – “What kind of online integration can I have?” “Will PS3 users take advantage of the Sixaxis control?” “Is it worth the investment considering the superior installed base and cheaper production cost for the Xbox 360 and Wii?”

Sony has a long history of creating a lot of hype, and getting people to genuinely believe in it, and then letting them down, but it has an equally long history of wowing the consumer electronics community. The PS3 is sitting on the fence right now, with some really ingenious development backbones to it, but few people seem willing to step inside and actually explore it. What Sony needs are good games…no, great games. It needs more than a game that justifies owning a new system; it needs a reliable selection of games that justify buying the most expensive gaming console in recent memory. Sony should take a step back from trying to bleed out all these new technologically sophisticated demos and work on actually bringing in consumers, then amaze them with the system’s abilities.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/34551/118/1/1/

Summary

Quite evidently, the PS3 is the most “open” console. Users are not bound to the very rigid set of specifications mandated by the Xbox 360 and Wii hardware. This should make it an appealing target for developers and consumers, but it’s not. Unfortunately, in trying to make the actual specs of the system as cool as possible, Sony seems to have forgotten that it still needs quality games.

I should also not forget the price barrier. That one seems to have thrown Sony an enormous curve ball. It’s hard to even remember all the different models of the PS3 Sony has tried to market, each one backfiring in the end. It is kind of hard for anyone to really become loyal to a system when the system’s maker doesn’t even know what it should have inside.

I imagine this has caused all kinds of headaches for developers as well. I can picture the frustration – “What kind of online integration can I have?” “Will PS3 users take advantage of the Sixaxis control?” “Is it worth the investment considering the superior installed base and cheaper production cost for the Xbox 360 and Wii?”

Sony has a long history of creating a lot of hype, and getting people to genuinely believe in it, and then letting them down, but it has an equally long history of wowing the consumer electronics community. The PS3 is sitting on the fence right now, with some really ingenious development backbones to it, but few people seem willing to step inside and actually explore it. What Sony needs are good games…no, great games. It needs more than a game that justifies owning a new system; it needs a reliable selection of games that justify buying the most expensive gaming console in recent memory. Sony should take a step back from trying to bleed out all these new technologically sophisticated demos and work on actually bringing in consumers, then amaze them with the system’s abilities.

I had a choice between the wii and the 360, aside from halo (which I think is the most overhyped series the world) there really isn't much appeal. I played gears of war, yeah its pretty, but its not much on the innovative end, I don't know why people are crazy over it. Its too short on the single player end. the 360 is definitely lacking in the rpg genre I'd say in comparison to the ps3 and wii. I'd take the metroid series over halo any day of the week, mario is still the best platformer around, Zelda is always good, and since square enix is finally back with nintendo there is some future there, and smash brothers is a gpa destroyer for me. I don't sports games anymore, cause aside from roster changes, the changes are not worth 50 bucks a piece anymore. There are plenty of "hardcore gamer" type games on each system, its just w/e you fancy. If you like fps buy a 360, I'd buy a PS3 for rpgs, and Innovation for the wii. I'll probably get a ps3 later down the line rather then a 360, I'm not willing to go through the bull**** in quality that system is notorious for.

I had a choice between the wii and the 360, aside from halo (which I think is the most overhyped series the world) there really isn't much appeal. I played gears of war, yeah its pretty, but its not much on the innovative end, I don't know why people are crazy over it. Its too short on the single player end. the 360 is definitely lacking in the rpg genre I'd say in comparison to the ps3 and wii. I'd take the metroid series over halo any day of the week, mario is still the best platformer around, Zelda is always good, and since square enix is finally back with nintendo there is some future there, and smash brothers is a gpa destroyer for me. I don't sports games anymore, cause aside from roster changes, the changes are not worth 50 bucks a piece anymore. There are plenty of "hardcore gamer" type games on each system, its just w/e you fancy. If you like fps buy a 360, I'd buy a PS3 for rpgs, and Innovation for the wii. I'll probably get a ps3 later down the line rather then a 360, I'm not willing to go through the bull**** in quality that system is notorious for.

Archived