Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DN: Lions will end streak, finally beat Redskins

bubba9497

I'm going to go on record right now and tell everyone that I have a horrible feeling that the writer is correct. I don't see how the Redskins defense can get the job done. I don't see the offense being consistent enough to move the football unless they play a tough running game and actually utilize Portis to keep the Lions OFF the field.

I'm worried that this game is the biggest test the Skins have faced all season. The Lions are a better passing team this year than the Giants and they had their way with the Skins in the 2nd half.

I'm worried that if we actually get the lead that the coaching staff will revert to its shell. This game is driving me insane.

Um, did you want to go back on record? :laugh:

Pawn the silver. Bet the rent money.

Steal the grandkids' money out of the cookie jar.

Bet the Lions to beat the Washington Redskins on Sunday at FedEx Field.

I hope for the sake of renters and grandchildren alike in the Detriot area nobody listened to this guy. :laugh:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071007/SPORTS08/710070313/1126/SPORTS0101

click link for full article

Lions will end streak, finally beat Redskins

It isn't the lock of the millennium, but I make the Lions over the Redskins -- getting 3 1/2 points -- the best bet this week.

History, but nothing else, is working against the Lions. They are 0-for-Washington -- 20 losses without a victory on Washington's home field. The streak began in 1939 and continued through a playoff game in January 2000.

The Redskins supposedly have an edge in their secondary, where they are young, athletic and tough. They haven't faced a passing game, with a receiving corps, that comes close to equaling the Lions' Fab Five of Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Shaun McDonald, Mike Furrey and Troy Walters.

The Redskins like to jam receivers. They won't be able to jam Williams and Johnson.

The quarterback matchup -- Jason Campbell vs. Jon Kitna -- favors the Lions.

Offensive lines are a wash, at best :laugh: . The Redskins are missing two starters on the right side, Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas. The Lions have had their problems with pass protection, but moving Stephen Peterman to right guard ahead of Damien Woody has put some muscle in the running game.

The best linebacker on the field is the Lions' Ernie Sims, a ball carrier-seeking missile. :rolleyes:

Special teams could have ruined the Lions last week against Chicago. They can't be that bad two weeks in a row .

:wtf:

Most of all, the Lions have a new sense of energy and mental toughness, and they showed it when they came from behind last week to beat the Bears, 37-27. :thumbsup:

Two weeks ago, they lost at Philadelphia, 56-21. They were behind, 13-3, when they got the ball in the last minute of the third quarter. Imagine the mood on the sideline a year ago if the Lions had been in the same situation. The defense would have been glaring at the offense -- and conveniently forgetting it was a sieve the previous week at Philly. The body language would have been the old "it's-not-my-fault" excuse that Rod Marinelli has been clearing out.

There was none of that against the Bears. The defense kept playing. The offense came alive. And the Lions won a game that they probably would have lost.

There's a carryover effect, and the Lions should ride into their bye week with a 4-1 record.

Well, there are a lot of people getting foreclosed and evicted right now listening to this idiot :laugh: Good call.

History, but nothing else, is working against the Lions. They are 0-for-Washington -- 20 losses without a victory on Washington's home field. The streak began in 1939 and continued through a playoff game in January 2000.

History ****ed slapped the Lions again 0-21 :point2sky

The Redskins supposedly have an edge in their secondary, where they are young, athletic and tough. They haven't faced a passing game, with a receiving corps, that comes close to equaling the Lions' Fab Five of Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Shaun McDonald, Mike Furrey and Troy Walters.

the Flop Five

The Redskins like to jam receivers. They won't be able to jam Williams and Johnson.

Luckily the secondary didn't need to do much because the DL whipped your ass

favors the Lions to Stink

JC ruled today

Offensive lines are a wash, at best :laugh: . The Redskins are missing two starters on the right side, Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas. The Lions have had their problems with pass protection, but moving Stephen Peterman to right guard ahead of Damien Woody has put some muscle in the running game.

Lions- allowed 5 sacks

Skins- allowed 0

The best linebacker on the field is the Lions' Ernie Sims, a ball carrier-seeking missile. :rolleyes:

Mr Fletcher, Mr Washington, and Young Master McIntosh had a rebuttal for you

Special teams could have ruined the Lions last week against Chicago. They can't be that bad two weeks in a row .

opps!

Most of all, the Lions have a new sense of energy and mental toughness, and they showed it when they came from behind last week to beat the Bears, 37-27. :thumbsup:

They forgot to bring it with them

There's a carryover effect, and the Lions should ride into their bye week with a 4-1 record.

Not this Sunday Skippy :D

Reading this after the fact, it looks like a spoof. That was one of the worst pre-game analysis, predictions I have ever read. Most of the analysis was wrong to begin with. But to be completely wrong like that is ridiculous. After writing like this, I think this guy is now qualified to write for the New York Times.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071007/SPORTS08/710070313/1126/SPORTS0101

click link for full article

Lions will end streak, finally beat Redskins

It isn't the lock of the millennium, but I make the Lions over the Redskins -- getting 3 1/2 points -- the best bet this week.

Two weeks ago, they lost at Philadelphia, 56-21. They were behind, 13-3, when they got the ball in the last minute of the third quarter. Imagine the mood on the sideline a year ago if the Lions had been in the same situation. The defense would have been glaring at the offense -- and conveniently forgetting it was a sieve the previous week at Philly. The body language would have been the old "it's-not-my-fault" excuse that Rod Marinelli has been clearing out.

There was none of that against the Bears. The defense kept playing. The offense came alive. And the Lions won a game that they probably would have lost.

hairafter.jpg

YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY, SIR!

Just sent Mike Ohara at the Detroit News an email. I'll let you know if he gets back to me in a timely manner. :)

Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 16:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: I pawned the silver & bet the rent money (good thing I don't have any grandkids)

To: mike.ohara@detnews.com

Mike,

Just wondering if you could send $5,000 to my PayPal account to help recoup my losses.

Thanks!

I still can't beleive that my fantasy football oponent started Detroit's D against my Washington D today. :laugh: He had Peyton Manning at QB but that single stupid decision to call my bluff cost him 22 points.

:cheers:

On topic: I think reporters who write such idiotic things should either apologize or be fired.

Archived