Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "Worst playcalling in NFL history" thread (MEGA merged)

E-Dog Night

shred apart defenses and throw for 300 yards per game. I was under the impression that the Skins were going to run first, pass second and play old fashioned, ball control football. He fits in well with that type offense but if you are looking for him to win every game for you guys he is not likely to do that.

BTW, the injury riddled OL is no help.

We are 2-1 for Gods' sake!!!!!

****in' a! You'd think we are 0-3.......

You wanna look into that a bit more??

We beat a crap team in Miami who has beat no one. We beat a philly team that played bad against us and came back with some ridiculous offense this week.

And we lose to the Gianst AT HOME with one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

so.. we are 2 and 1... woo hoo.....

Look at our schedule... losing to the miserable Giants at home does not bode well.

If you think this loss is no big deal - you need to wake up.

After our win in Philly + our first-half, there is no reason to lose this game.

Im not content with being 2-1, im sorry.

We should be 3-0.

We have Green Bay and Detroit coming up? YEAH RIGHT. After today, I have lost all happiness about how our team was and where we were going.

That's as bad a coaching job as you can get....Gibbs, saunders and williams should all be embarrassed.

1) we used a prevent offense in the 2nd half...1 reciever sets, conservative playcalling against an awful defense.

2) the giants offense made adjustments at halftime....williams in the meantime was patting himself on the back....where the hell is the blitz?...you can't constantly play zone...especially with an inadequate front four pass rush...the skins have been very lucky the first 3 weeks with all the dropped passes by the other team.

3) the last minute of the game was a disgrace....why spike the ball with 51 seconds?...gibbs said it was so we could get the jumbo package on the field...screw that...throw a pass in the end zone with the players you have on the field...if it's incomplete, then bring in whatever package you want.

4) where was portis in the last minute?

5) I hate to say this, but it's clear that gibbs has lost his fastball

In 1980 thru 1992 the Washington Redskins had one of the best football teams in the NFL each year. With Joe Gibbs back a number of fans thought he could do this again however, what he had in the old days seemed to be lost for good. We cant blame this loss on Greg Williams and our defense, they were on the field 94% of the 2nd half. No defense can hold up that long. Where was our offense?? Why can't they even get one first down to give the defense a break? We can't seem to pass the ball or run the ball when needed. Who is calling these plays? 1st and goal on the one yard line with 45 sec left on the clock. We don't have a one yard play???? Why not run Sellers three times into the line? I give up.......

who is in charge of the clock management on this team? this is just absolutely and completely inept. there were 50 seconds on the clock when they were at the 2 yard line and they spike the ball - that was completely unnecessary. they could have tried the pass to sellers on first down, and if it's an incompletion, then at worst, there is 35 seconds left. now we would have 3 downs left to either pound the ball in or throw it in.

second, why on earth was clinton portis not in at that point? that is the biggest thing i don't get. i guarantee portis would have scored on that 3rd down run by betts.

then on 4th down, why on earth are we scrambling to the line with 20 seconds on the damn clock? just completely insane, and it made us look like we weren't professional football players

why is it that joe gibbs cannot figure out clock management???? this has happened so many times, and it is such a simple part of the game, and something that should be a 100% given

No runs to Portis with 4 cracks from the 1? Don't know why Betts was in there. Would like to have seen a Sellers up the gutter.

But my main issue was the 1st down spike. It was unnecessary. We had plenty of time to run 4 plays.

after 3 games this season , I'm not sold on JC , I think he still has a chance to be good but he has got to get it together , Moss has got to catch too and the playcalling has to get better ... only time will tell and I hope he gets better but we will see

If you think this loss is no big deal - you need to wake up.

After our win in Philly + our first-half, there is no reason to lose this game.

Im not content with being 2-1, im sorry.

We should be 3-0.

We have Green Bay and Detroit coming up? YEAH RIGHT. After today, I have lost all happiness about how our team was and where we were going.

I unfortunately agree.

We beat Miami.. barely.. that means nothing. We beat philly playing a horrible game. o.k. i'll take that... but then we lose to a horrible Giants team AT HOME.

LIONS, GREEN BAY, NEW ENGLAND... um....

Better question:

Why can't the offense play like they do during two-minute drills for the entire game? We shredded their defense when it counted, but Betts just slipped on the grass.

Oh well........

Simple.

They actually open up the offense for those situations. Allow Jason Campbell to let it go and get him in situations where there is pressure on the defense.

A source tells me that the skins play calling left the game early in the third quarter due strained brain fart.

The back-up play calling came in and just couldnt get it done.

With a little over 4 minutes to play, the redskins were facing a 3rd and 10. Down by 7, washington called a play action pass...WTF...4 minutes, down by 7, 3rd and 10, 2nd string right-side. Anyway Campbell was sacked and we punted.

Just under a minute to play washington had the ball, 1st and goal from the 1.

1st down>>>>spike the ball, stop the clock...ok

2nd down>>>pass the ball, incomplete, clock stops....ok, still with-in reason.

3rd down>>>run left...stop short of the goal.

4th down>>>run left, GAMEOVER..........WTF...pass on 1st and 2nd then run on 3rd and 4th all while portis is on the bench...

WTF is going on in dc? Yeah we made the field goal on 1st down to beat Miami in OT. But what if we had missed? Last week we had a brain fart before halftime and now this shiet...WTF

Our major improvement right now needs to be in the coaching staff.

In side sources says the washington's play calling hopes to be ready by week five when we host Green Bay....Lets pray!!

First, did I get the font color correct this time? The Redskins blew an 11-point lead. We cannot blame the officiating; we can only blame the players. Like I have spoken about previously, the Redskins cornerbacks are average at best. Once again Carlos Rogers was taken to school, what a waste. Burress and Shockey had a field day. Can you imagine what the Cowboys will do to these corners? This is not a dream team people. The Redskins were embarrassed at home by a very mediocre Giant’s team. Everyone can pretend to be optimistic all they want, but this team will struggle against other teams that have formidable receivers all year. Also the pass rush is still abysmal.

Archived