Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "Worst playcalling in NFL history" thread (MEGA merged)

E-Dog Night

I thought JC looked like a poised QB, especially at that last drive making the throws he needed to. Some dumb penalties (I had flashbacks of last season) negated it. JC is a good QB but the coaches are still holding him back because of some of his bad INTs. The Skins arent a run n gun type team anyway...

A source tells me that the skins play calling left the game early in the third quarter due strained brain fart.

The back-up play calling came in and just couldnt get it done.

With a little over 4 minutes to play, the redskins were facing a 3rd and 10. Down by 7, washington called a play action pass...WTF...4 minutes, down by 7, 3rd and 10, 2nd string right-side. Anyway Campbell was sacked and we punted.

Just under a minute to play washington had the ball, 1st and goal from the 1.

1st down>>>>spike the ball, stop the clock...ok

2nd down>>>pass the ball, incomplete, clock stops....ok, still with-in reason.

3rd down>>>run left...stop short of the goal.

4th down>>>run left, GAMEOVER..........WTF...pass on 1st and 2nd then run on 3rd and 4th all while portis is on the bench...

WTF is going on in dc? Yeah we made the field goal on 1st down to beat Miami in OT. But what if we had missed? Last week we had a brain fart before halftime and now this shiet...WTF

Our major improvement right now needs to be in the coaching staff.

In side sources says the washington's play calling hopes to be ready by week five when we host Green Bay....Lets pray!!

problem is they had campbell throw 34 times i think it was. WAY TO MUCH! He should be throwing the ball 25 times max. Portis only 14 carries?? WTF? Betts only 9? Again, WTF? Way too mich throwing in my mind this game. JC is still young and should not be asked to do that much. I thought they liked to pound the ball...um...yea, where was that today????

As for the end....portis? sellers? hell, try a QB sneak! they said it all on Fox postgame...they needed to at least get into a formation that sent players out, then the D would have been forced to follow thus opening up the field a little more if they did want to run.

Right now. And Todd Collins is now our starter.

That's all that is going to save our season.

Gibbs please start calling the plays.

I agree with the last part but benching JC is idiotic. The play calling was awful. JC got us the opportunity to tie that game with clutch throws to ARE and Santana. The defense play amazing and those 3-n-outs will drain any defense. The offense (Al Saunders) has to do better!!!!

If the coaches were trying to tell me that they couldn't get four plays off in 40 seconds at the end of the game, then they are losing it. There was no reason in my opinion for Jason Campbell to spike the ball. You have the defense reeling. Throw the ball on first. Instead they spike it to conserve time. That was a complete waste.

First and foremost, the defense lost us this game. That is a fact. We only got the ball, what, 6 times all second half? Under normal circumstances, six points from those last two drives would have been likely.

Secondly, Campbell will be a great, great QB. He's exactly what we need to have a great passing game, which we do and will have. Portis/Betts looked fine for the most part. Any complaints about the offense (outside of some poor playcalls) are unfounded.

We also figured out how to get turnovers, which bodes very well for the future.

The fact is that, no matter how much some of you attempt to spin this game negatively, it's just a loss. And we lost because we were outplayed by a team that wanted it more.

We are going to go into that bye, get refreshed, and start kicking ass. We are going to smear the Lions all over the turf, and that is that. Trust me on this.

The defense played average in the second half. The offense played horrendous. There's no way around it. If Rock Cartwright can return a kickoff to about mid-field and your offense can't come away with any points, then there's something terribly wrong. Bravo for the special teams! :applause:

First, did I get the font color correct this time? The Redskins blew an 11-point lead. We cannot blame the officiating; we can only blame the players. Like I have spoken about previously, the Redskins cornerbacks are average at best. Once again Carlos Rogers was taken to school, what a waste. Burress and Shockey had a field day. Can you imagine what the Cowboys will do to these corners? This is not a dream team people. The Redskins were embarrassed at home by a very mediocre Giant’s team. Everyone can pretend to be optimistic all they want, but this team will struggle against other teams that have formidable receivers all year. Also the pass rush is still abysmal.

This is the second time this particular thread/post has been merged. Just in case you wanted to know what happened. I trust we won't see this posted as a thread again.

Better question:

Why can't the offense play like they do during two-minute drills for the entire game? We shredded their defense when it counted, but Betts just slipped on the grass.

Oh well........

Haven't you heard?...

We dont throw it around like that

Because thats not Joe gibbs football.....thats Al saunders football....

Joe Gibbs Football is...

Run

Run

Play action predictable...

Joe gibbs football

is what all of our skins fans want....

Not ' gimmicky effective ' gunslinging Al saunders....He needs to take that back to KC...where he was allowed to call plays for the entire field ....and used to blow people out..and score on 4 play 80 yards drives......We dont want that here...

We are the redskins... so we want...hard nose smash mouth

Joe Gibbs football......

all thats good about the redskins is Joe gibbs Football....

all thats bad is everybody elses fault...:rolleyes:

Betts did what he does best, not score in the redzone. Why we didn't pound it up the middle at the end of the game is beyond me.

Oh, and can we please get an officiating team that will actually call offsides and holding on the other team. This is 3 games in a row now where the other team has consistently gotten away with it.

Campbell will be very good but this team lacks A LOT. I can't find anythig wrong with the personnell other then HEART!!! 17-3 at half on your own turf and you s--t the bed?!?!?!?!?!? It may only be one loss, but it says a lot... another year of nothing!!!

They should have given it to Randle El more. Looks like he was making catches just fine today. And Cooley. What happened to using all our men? I felt like it was back to the Brunell days. Portis, Moss, Portis, Moss. As superhuman as these guys are, after awhile, they get tired. Everyone was saying "why the F****** didn't they put CP in at the end"? Well he just made 2 HUGE mistakes by dropping an easy pass and fumbling with only a few minutes left, and earlier in the game some dude twisted his ankle like a bendable. He looked exhausted on that sideline.

Betts did as good as he could. Just face the crappy music. The Giants outplayed us and their coaches out play-called us. I HATE THE GIANTS!!!!!!!

I haven't liked the playcalling since gibbs came back. I mean is it really that hard to throw an 8 yard pass on 3rd and 6? It obviously is for us. I don't think this offense is built for a second or third wideout to get many opportunities. Why exactly don't we just run a play on that first down in the redzone. Your probably use about 5 extra seconds.

Someone needs to go up to Al Saunders, hit him on the nose with a newspaper, and rub his face in a play design of an end around while saying "NO! BAD! DON'T DO THIS! BAD PLAYCALLER! BAD!"

Al Saunders lost this game. We had amazing field position all day (good job, special teams), and we completely squandered any opportunity given. 3 turnovers and the only time we got points was when we started inside the 10?

Against the WORST PASS DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE?

Re. ****ing. Diculous.

Archived