Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "Worst playcalling in NFL history" thread (MEGA merged)

E-Dog Night

The title to this post is correct!!! After this game I have to wonder with Dan Snyder owning this team will we ever get a fair hand shake!!!! I have been watching Nfl games for 15 plus years and this is what I call a classic "Money game"!!! If it was not then Al Saunders just called the worst second half in Nfl history!!! I have never seen a more obvious attempt to throw a game!!

If you don't think cheating goes on in major sports then look at history because it has!!! I don't think Joe Gibbs or Greg Williams is involved but they can be fooled into thinking it was just bad play calling. All fingers have to point at Al Saunders because this is not the first time this has happened!!! Gibbs needs to put the hammer down on this!!! I may be over reacting but damn the facts and my eyes really make me wonder if there is not some dirty pool happening!!!

IMO the play calling in the second half was not good but did anyone ever here the line that there are no bad plays just bad execusion? We dropped passes, had penelties, we fumbled when we needed to control the ball and it should not matter how long you are on the field but the defense has to stop the Giants and not let them walk right down the field for Gods sake. I have been watching the Redskins a long time and in the past when we lost 2 good Off lineman we did not do well. We should be able to run 2 plays on the goal line and score and if we cant then we are not that good. Dont blame the coaches as they are not the ones missing tackles and not being able to cover receivers although on TV it looked like perfect passing and good catching on the Giants part rather than poor coverage.

of winning? lol get a damn grip fool we lost a game happens to all the teams in the nfl. we've got a bye week and we got the lions. how could that be any better?

I was being sarcastic BUT...

the Lions dont run the ball which would play to our strength.

They will throw all day and have at least 4 WRs that will be giving us fits.

Im very scared to be honest.

of winning? lol get a damn grip fool we lost a game happens to all the teams in the nfl. we've got a bye week and we got the lions. how could that be any better?

Playing the 0-2 Giants, with the NFL's worst pass defense and a defense which had allowed an AVERAGE of 40 points per game? That would be better.

Oh wait, can we get them at home? Then there's no way we can lose!

Someone needs to go up to Al Saunders, hit him on the nose with a newspaper, and rub his face in a play design of an end around while saying "NO! BAD! DON'T DO THIS! BAD PLAYCALLER! BAD!"

:rotflmao:

I didn't think I could crack a smile, but thank you for making me 'rotflmao' inside.

Al Saunders lost this game. We had amazing field position all day (good job, special teams), and we completely squandered any opportunity given. 3 turnovers and the only time we got points was when we started inside the 10?

And how true, so sad, but true. Exactly what I was thinking. Finally these interceptions, awesome performance from Rock, set up for greatness--> for what? just WASTED. And I HATE that we embarass ourselves against the GIANTS of all people. I just can't stand their arrogance.

3-5- (11:08) 17-J.Campbell pass incomplete short middle to 26-C.Portis.

A clear example of how execution cost us. If Portis catches the ball, he clearly picks up the first down, and potentially gives us some rthym.

so I guess execution would have made the play-calling good. Huh, who woulda thought.

I would prefer us to be a little more agressive though.

NICE GUYS DO FINISH LAST!!!!!!!

We were suppose to air the ball out in the second half and they were scared. I don't blame the players I don't blame the defensive coaches. This was all on the offensive coaches.

This is EXACTLY my sentiments. No way you start out the second half with NO DEEP PASSES for 2 or 3 consecutive series. Only when we got behind we threw deep.

Also, to you "Betts is better for our offense guys", he should never be in the game for the MONEY or SHORT YARDAGE, he doesn't get you extra yard like Clint. The only time he was supposed to be in the game was when Portis dropped the sceen. We all know Poris cant catch.

The title to this post is correct!!! After this game I have to wonder with Dan Snyder owning this team will we ever get a fair hand shake!!!! I have been watching Nfl games for 15 plus years and this is what I call a classic "Money game"!!! If it was not then Al Saunders just called the worst second half in Nfl history!!! I have never seen a more obvious attempt to throw a game!!

If you don't think cheating goes on in major sports then look at history because it has!!! I don't think Joe Gibbs or Greg Williams is involved but they can be fooled into thinking it was just bad play calling. All fingers have to point at Al Saunders because this is not the first time this has happened!!! Gibbs needs to put the hammer down on this!!! I may be over reacting but damn the facts and my eyes really make me wonder if there is not some dirty pool happening!!!

Al Saunders did not fumble the handoff it was Portis. Al Saunders did not mis that tackle on Bourous it was Rodgers. The Defence sucked in the second half and it was not the coaches fault. Why would a guy making that kind of money as a Off cord take a bribe?

collins? are you high? relax, it's only the third week. the giants came out with alot more heart than we did...oh, and they didnt win the game, we lost it.

i can't agree more, terrible play calling. on a number of occasions. we passed just about every time on 1st down. and then again on 2nd down. i know they were coming out with 8, 9 man fronts but still. it wasnt working. you dont want to be left with 3rd and long.

4th and goal, 30 seconds left.....just relax and make sure everybody's on the same page, make the right call, and snap the ball with a few seconds left. that should have been a pass. not a run. i mean, if you're going to run the ball at least give the linemen some rest. terrible second half. terrible....

I was being sarcastic BUT...

the Lions dont run the ball which would play to our strength.

They will throw all day and have at least 4 WRs that will be giving us fits.

Im very scared to be honest.

I'm with you man. Do not take the Lions lightly. Yeah they got crushed today by Philly but they have a better passing attack than the Giants IMO. If we do not pressure Kitna all day we could be in serious trouble because, if today was any indicator, we won't be blowing anyone off the field with our offense.

Interesting how people's emotions after a game are so crazy. When you look at Portis he had a rough day, with the spike, drop and fumble. We know that is not him on most days. Maybe this is his preseason rust. We missed on one or two long balls that were close. Giants had long drives to eat up the clock and guessed right on a few plays like the red zone draw. Campbell has 10 starts, he is still learning to calm down. His short throws have gotten better each week, but still not consistent with good touch. The D will get more help and our young players will learn. Also we lost half our o-line.

So maybe we go 10-6 this year make playoffs. But with a 4 game stretch at the end going into the playoffs.

There are still mistakes like the center's penalty to run the clock down, which led to hurrying at the end. So as this get smoothed out we'll get better.

man i can't stand this place. i bet a lot of the moaners and ****ers had never played football in their life. we lost a game guys get over it. instead of saying "4-12", "fire gibbs fire saunders," we should be saying work on penalties, call better plays, etc. we were right there in it and we got a full season ahead of us guys. it's gonna be a great season and if you think the lions are gonna hang 40 on us then you are out of ur damn mind.

Al Saunders did not fumble the handoff it was Portis. Al Saunders did not mis that tackle on Bourous it was Rodgers. The Defence sucked in the second half and it was not the coaches fault. Why would a guy making that kind of money as a Off cord take a bribe?

Really?The D stayed on the field the majority of the second half and you can't expect them to do it all!!! The giants had scored two td's before Saunders started calling anything that made any sense at all or the Portis fumble. The reverses and the end rounds getting called right into the blitzes, no play action and calling runs that don't lead into play action. The giants secondary sucks and Saunders did a piss poor job of trying to exploit it. I said that I was probably over reacting but man that was some shady play calling!!!

Archived