Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "Worst playcalling in NFL history" thread (MEGA merged)

E-Dog Night

Im extremely disgusted right now. Our players must have stayed in the locker room after the first half - honestly.

This looked like last years Skins, as usual - back to earth after a great win on the road. We give it back to the team I hate the most. Im so sick and tired of these 3 & outs. Playoff teams dont operate this way.

Can someone on our defense make a tackle? Is Burress THAT strong??? LOL! All day missing the first tackles. No Tiki and we still lose the game... They gave us NUMEROUS opportunities with turnovers... THEN WE GIVE IT BACK IN THE 4th....SIGH...

And im sorry, our CBs arent that good IMO. They are O K but not fantastic...

Lastly, whats with the defense all second half... it was almost like a prevent def.

At least an eight yard cushion for everyone in the middle...

Im sick. I dont know who was calling the plays but it was horrific.

JUST LIKE LAST YEAR.

Saunders is probobly as bad of a playcaller as there is. Joe needs to take this back. Joe woulda bored us all out with running the ball out, but I wish we were conservative again.

That WAS Joe Gibbs calling the plays. Except for a few long throws to keep the defense honest, they were very conservative on offense in the 2nd half. Running the ball behind Samuels and Kendall is not the answer either. Defenses will start stacking to that side of the line.

Also, Campbell, in the 2nd half, looked like he was second-guessing himself. A lot of double clutches.

I won't say in the History of the NFL...

but the coaches lost this one...

can't blame JC for everything

Yeah, I was being a bit sarcastic. Hoping to diffuse some of the rage with a little humor.

But the end around did send me into a fit of anger and resentment. That play has worked exactly ZERO times since Saunders came here, and when we really needed a play in a tie ballgame, that's what he calls?

I am still shaking my head on that one. Probably the last play in the world I would have called, given the chance. I'm calling that Boise State Statue of Liberty thing before that. Calling a play in a crucial situation that has NEVER worked?

Can I get a WTF?

First, lay off Gibbs. If you are any kind of Skins fan you know what he has done for us. That's not to say that the game hasn't passed him by, but the outlandish criticisms and disrespect for one of the gods of the NFL has got to stop. Unfortunately, I agree he probably needs to step down (at the end of the season), but I put this one on our glorified assistant coaches (who get paid better than some head coaches in the league). Those two guys are effin clownshoes. Get them out of here.

I'm tired of Joe Gibbs losing the game for us. He did it last year because he's too old and conservative and he did it today with his rediculous playcalling and idiotic thinking that not rushing the quarterback is a good thing. Btw, he was the one who made the decision that we didn't need another defensive lineman right? The senile old man needs to go. Fire him. I want my money back from my season tickets because this idiot keeps ****ing up my Sundays.

Yes, this team is completely and totally petrified to actually do the things necessary to WIN football games. Between the playcalling, the halftime "adjustments" and our lack of ability or interest in "taking care of" the players on the other side of the ball who are just destroying us (in this case Shockey, Burress, and Ward) this team really doesn't seem to have any interest in Winning football games.

who is in charge of the clock management on this team? this is just absolutely and completely inept. there were 50 seconds on the clock when they were at the 2 yard line and they spike the ball - that was completely unnecessary. they could have tried the pass to sellers on first down, and if it's an incompletion, then at worst, there is 35 seconds left. now we would have 3 downs left to either pound the ball in or throw it in.

second, why on earth was clinton portis not in at that point? that is the biggest thing i don't get. i guarantee portis would have scored on that 3rd down run by betts.

then on 4th down, why on earth are we scrambling to the line with 20 seconds on the damn clock? just completely insane, and it made us look like we weren't professional football players

why is it that joe gibbs cannot figure out clock management???? this has happened so many times, and it is such a simple part of the game, and something that should be a 100% given

It just seemed like the Redskins didn't lokk at the film from the Giants last two games. They gave 80 points in the last two games, but we manage to get just 17 points. This is what happens when the head coach micro manages the offense. I just hope that Gbbs will just step down at some pointand let a coach that's willing to take chances take over the reign.

they teach me a lesson. Ok I'm not giving up on the season, but I need to vent a little. I was worried about this game because it seems like every time the Redskins "should" beat the Giants, they don't. When the Giants are down and out, they ALWAYS play their best against the Redskins. But this time the Redskins were up 17-3 at half. Wow I thought - maybe this is our year! I went shopping with my wife as I had promised her (unaware the game was going to be shown here) and I couldn't wait to get home and catch the end of another Redskins win. My heart sank when I saw the score, and I was again reminded that I am meant to suffer. Forgive me for thinking of a 4-0 start with the Lions coming up next.

How many Joe Gibbs teams of the past blew 14 point halftime leads at home?

The best part is we get to think about this for 2 weeks!

Archived