Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "Worst playcalling in NFL history" thread (MEGA merged)

E-Dog Night

If you keep going 3 and out, the defense will wear out, and they did.....

The offense needed a sustained drive to keep the D off the field for a while, but couldn't manage it until we were down. Play calling at the end left alot to be desired, but when you have a young QB in there, it's more difficult. Aikman was right, we didn't need to rush that last play.....

Why again did we rush to the line for the last play and run the EXACT SAME PLAY?????? We had 35 seconds to compose ourselves and choose a better play and all we could come up with was, "Hurry up guys!!!! It didnt work just now so lets try it again!!!! FAST!!!!!"

Simply one of the worst plays I have EVER seen. No joke.

This is so bad that I don't believe I will be watching football next year. How do you let a 2 touchdown lead disappear when you have 3 turnovers?? What the hell were Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams thinking. Well, whatever it was they sucked today and it's because they continue to play not to lose instead of playing to annihalate the other team. We deserved to lose this game the way the defense completely shut down after the first half and the offense just flat out sucked.

You shut the giants D down first half, then abandon everythnig you were doing and go to a prevent for the whole second half.

2nd half O: run, run, pass. . .punt. run, run, pass. . .punt. . .

How do you not keep going the giants great weakness, their secondary.

How do you play to the giants great strength: DEs that tee up on the pass rush. Being predictable and creating obvious passing 3rd downs plays right into their hands.

We are not a contender. This is the type of game a good team wins. We will rue this loss, and a few others like it, later in th season.

More importantly, as long as Gibbs is in charge, we will remain too conservative. All our wins will be close, even against bad teams, because Gibbs is too risk averse to be consistently aggressive.

A team like Pats or Colts would have come out 2nd half, kept blitzing and passing, and this game would have been a blowout.

Except Carlos-High-School-Coverage-Technique-Rogers, our players got it done today.

This is a coaching loss. I'll say it, and I'm not just frustrated: it is time for Gibbs to go, and for us to get a coach who is younger and more aggressive.

We will not win the big one with Gibbs.

I don't know what to say. I am going to go drink a fifth of hennessy and punch myself in the balls for 6 hours.

78ol.0q3e90q3

#q

'[;q23900&((^^@W)9o90()"()(-0

'Awe'AW(8907

WE*()QWQW8WA*:"&AWQ()WAE(0qwe(_*QWE+()-qwe)_9 78QWE*(Q@_*+)O3472v5744tb 35567tr3w4t5w=-453q=900pp[

'4w3

'5v023q4-59q23409q23v0432q]

r4324\q25jfh

fy

[p3qjft43q53434

f

'2q34902q3-948=92q3-]\234ol-2q3-=4pq23-=

First and foremost, I was watching the game in a loud place, so if Portis was injured on the last play I don't know about it. But plain and simple, regardless of injurys, Saunders gives Betts too many chances. Betts is a good change of pace back, but thats about it. How frusterating is it, when if you INSIST on running the ball, you call a play to your third best option in the situation (Portis or heres an idea Sellers).

The only consolation in this is, it's like losing the MNF game in Philly (expected, but won) and winning the NYG game (loss). We'll be fine, I think the extra week is a good chance for the team to reflect on which direction they are heading in. We have Detroit at home in 2 weeks, and I think a good showing there will all but erase the bad memories of this game. Although I must say, this is a terrible feeling heading into a bye week to think about not only the loss, but HOW the loss happened. Pathetic.

The offensive play-calling was awful throughout most of the game. If it wasn't for the defensive turnovers,the Giants would have won by more than 7 points. Campbell made some mistakes. Portis made some mistakes. I didn't like how they kept running the ball on the left side on crucial downs. They know you're going to run left behind Samuels and Kendall. Also, they need to be throwing more to Cooley, instead of him blocking. The defensive play-calling in the 2nd half was also bad in that they played in a prevent style instead of kept going after Manning. Cartwright, Suisham, Randle-el, and some of the defense had good games. The rest played horrible.

We have got to throw the damn ball on first down...Thats usually when teams are in their base defense, we keep having JC throw on 3rd down when teams are zone blitzing and running exotic coverages...

You wonder why JC only completes 50% of his passes...Run, run, pass, punt....

I would go in the opposite direction. We were playing a good offense.

The O lost this game by doing NOTHING for the entire second half.

The defense (after resting at half time), not the offense allowed the Giants to come out in the second half and march down the field virtually unchallenged. At home, given our supposed defensive talent, we must be able to protect a 14-point lead regardless of the offense.

who is in charge of the clock management on this team? this is just absolutely and completely inept. there were 50 seconds on the clock when they were at the 2 yard line and they spike the ball - that was completely unnecessary. they could have tried the pass to sellers on first down, and if it's an incompletion, then at worst, there is 35 seconds left. now we would have 3 downs left to either pound the ball in or throw it in.

second, why on earth was clinton portis not in at that point? that is the biggest thing i don't get. i guarantee portis would have scored on that 3rd down run by betts.

then on 4th down, why on earth are we scrambling to the line with 20 seconds on the damn clock? just completely insane, and it made us look like we weren't professional football players

why is it that joe gibbs cannot figure out clock management???? this has happened so many times, and it is such a simple part of the game, and something that should be a 100% given

Archived