Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "Worst playcalling in NFL history" thread (MEGA merged)

E-Dog Night

Gibbs just said we told Jason to call the same running play in a row and to hurry up if the first didnt make it - we had 40 seconds why hurry up???

When Gibbs came back I was in tears thinking OMG things will get better now I think he needs to step down - he has lost it.

Tom

Think of it like this: Years ago Barry Switzer called the same run play back to back against the Eagles on 4th and 1. It failed, and Switzer was ridiculed endlessly.

Congrats, Joe Gibbs. You're on the same level with Barry Switzer.

:cheers:

I agree. We had a real lack of passing at all in the game. We ran the same crap run plays over and over. We ran the same run twice on the goal line. Where was the pass to Cooley down there, or to Todd Yoder? Unreal. Coaching killed us today.

Absolutely RIGHT!!! The coaching in this game was the worst I've seen in all my years... and I've coached before so I have a little bit of an idea what I'm talking about. Right now the Skins have all the tools to come out with one of the most prolific offenses in the game, but they are simply not calling the kind of plays that will make that happen!

Whoever said Todd Collins, he must be in his family. CP on the sideline is crazy. Terible playcalling. Saunders was horrible in the second half calling plays. He puts Jason in a terrible position. The skins gave that game away. Run the damn ball. This is NFC east ball. Straight at them.

This most assuredly was not Gibbs-ball. They had several opps to run it down the G's throat late in the 4th. The play calling was weird and all over the place.

Apparently they thought Jason could win it.

Not running Portis, having 3 shots from the 2, is unforgivably bizarre.

Jason Campbell basically kept us in the game that last drive. It is squarely on Saunders for having Betts in instead of Portis.

I just want to say that the Midgets didn't win this game, we lost it. Bad play calling by the HC not the OC. A dumb penalty by a center. Someone please tell me how does a center commit a FS? Another question, Lloyd should be playing now. With his size and tendency to make the acrobatic catch, Lloyd would be ideal for the RedZone. Why isn't he playing? Final question, why would you run a pass play on the 2 yd line with Sellars as a receiver. With his bulldozing style, why in world is he going out for a pass? Portis isn't running like his old self. Our pass coverage is very poor. The culprit of that is Rogers. Rogers couldn't cover a bed. He's always the victim. I understand that Smoot is hurt but I'd rather have a 80% Smoot than have a 100% Rogers. :helmet:

Guys, it didn't help that when we DID call a pass play, that we arent' seeing if someone is open. It's easy to blame this all on playcalling but there IS a chance that Jason wasn't seeing certain things and he certainly wasn't very accurate and then guys were dropping passes.

Sometimes teams go in a shell because the guys on the field aren't doing what they're supposed to.

But I agree with the general sentiment. That series of plays at the goalline was an embarrassment.

i agree......

in 05', we actually threw the ball downfield! oppsoing defenses had to respect that; it came after the m.n.f. game against dallas, and it steam=rolled from there.

what gets my blood boiling, is when we have 1st & goal on the 3, and everyone is bunched up in a 10 ft area, and then c.p. is to run through everyone! it ain't gonna happen like that. i've seen this play calling too many times on the goal line, and its never worked!

how about putting 3 receivers in, and spread the giant "d"??????

I was hoping they'd call three running plays... the first play was a total waste of a down. They should've had Clinton Portis in there. Betts hasn't proven that he is a goal-line back.

Also, Carlos "the cushion" Rogers strikes again... I'll try not to beat up on the guy, because his first two games were great. However, his cushion repeatedly kills us.

I agree with everyone here. FIRE SAUNDERS!!!... I'm sick of this crap of whos offense is this... Damn it Gibbs... fire Saunders... take the offense.

And if Williams plays this puccy defense when we are ahead again, the players have every right to gang beat him to a pulp.

Joe Gibbs just said in his news conference that he called the runnings plays....

he said he told them to run the same play twice because it was our best running play and gave us our best shot....

When asked why CP wasnt in he said...

" We fill confident in both out guys...and Ladell had a hand in helping us get down there"...

Gibbs is the absoluet worse....

no wonder this game ended like last year...because he took control of everything at the end once again and made scared decisions....

:soapbox:

It appears that JG and the redskins are afraid to win convincingly, this is the only reason I can come up with to explain why we dominate the first half of this game and then sit on our damned hands and watch as the eli's beat us.

JOE GIBBS:puke:It is ok to win by 2 or 3 or 4 or even 5 touchdowns, in fact it is preferred, if you can score a 1000 f-ing points then do it, hell score 50 and then you can put precious brunnel in! hows that for inspiration. I'll make that an easy to understand formula for you score alot = we win,,, score alot early = noodle arm can play,,,, doesn't that sound nice JOE.

Extreme skins I apolgize for my rant, but its just so frusturating to put your heart and soul into a team that seems so unable to consistantly play well.

Hopefully things will be better in 2 weeks :rant:

I just want to say that the Midgets didn't win this game, we lost it. Bad play calling by the HC not the OC. A dumb penalty by a center. Someone please tell me how does a center commit a FS? Another question, Lloyd should be playing now. With his size and tendency to make the acrobatic catch, Lloyd would be ideal for the RedZone. Why isn't he playing? Final question, why would you run a pass play on the 2 yd line with Sellars as a receiver. With his bulldozing style, why in world is he going out for a pass? Portis isn't running like his old self. Our pass coverage is very poor. The culprit of that is Rogers. Rogers couldn't cover a bed. He's always the victim. I understand that Smoot is hurt but I'd rather have a 80% Smoot than have a 100% Rogers. :helmet:

Rogers is so scared to get beat, that he gets beat.

This is just plain horrible coaching. Why in the hell CP wasn't in the ball game carrying the ball three straight times on 2nd and goal from the one is beyond me.... Ladell is a good third down back but he can't carry Portis' jock. The O and D didn't do anything to help us out in the 2nd half, but a good bit of the blame for the L is squarely on the coaching staff for not having CP in with the game on the line. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Running the ball on the goal line at the end of the game was NOT STUPID. What was stupid was runnung it from a tight formation although we should be able to gain 3 yards with 2 shots. We cant run right with backup OFF LINEMAN so the Giants deff could slant to our left and stop the run to that side. This one is hard for me to swallow as I still cant believe Tom Caughlin, Kevin Gillbride and some rookie DEF CORD can go on the road and beat Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders. Our defence is improved from last year as now we can contain the run but still cant stop the pass as we get NO PRESSURE. The Giants did make some nice catches in the second half and we dropped easy catches. DID ANYONE EXPECT A LETDOWN AFTER LAST MONDAY? How many Monday nite winners loose the following Sunday? Thanks.

We came out flat. Gibbs had the lead and thought he could sit on it with the Defeense on the field the whole second half.

The Defense looked winded with no legs. Offcourse Gibbs will take the blame and do it all over again.

Yep that's the worst part about it. Nothing will get changed because lets face it.....it never does.

Gibbs will continue to sit on a lead and THEN decide to open up the offense only after we either have a tied game or we're losing. Notice how much better we moved the ball after they scored....we could have been doing that the whole 2nd half if we wanted too.

Joe Gibbs just said in his news conference that he called the runnings plays....

he said he told them to run the same play twice because it was our best running play and gave us our best shot....

When asked why CP wasnt in he said...

" We fill confident in both out guys...and Ladell had a hand in helping us get down there"...

Gibbs is the absoluet worse....

no wonder this game ended like last year...because he took control of everything at the end once again and made scared decisions....

Give me a break... If Ladell doesn't trip on a leg out there it would be the greatest play call for the situation.

It's not the end of the world. The skins will focus on our next opponent because we obviously learned a lot about our o in the end of the game.

Archived