Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "Worst playcalling in NFL history" thread (MEGA merged)

E-Dog Night

Not that it was his finest hour but the people clamoring for firing Saunders are being moronic in their overreaction.

Saunders is the reason Portis can average 4.5-6 yards per carry. Before that his career was being shortened on a weekly basis by the primitive schemes and playcalling of the Gibbs II era offense. It's the reason Betts got a thousand years last year and had huge holes. It's why Portis, if healthy, will have a great year.

Saunders is not the problem with game management, I don't think.

I really think it was stupid to spike the ball with 50 seconds left. We had time for all four downs. Running twice with betts to the same area was idiotic.

After they keep stopping you, don't you think you try something that might work. Our D was aweful in the 2nd half and I believe cost us the game. How do you give up 21 points??

Don't blame the defense.

The defense was on the field for almost the entire second half. They were dog tired. If you saw the game in high-definition, you saw the defensive players huffing and puffing.

The defense had two interceptions, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery which led directly to 10 points. But you can't keep your defense on the field for 25 of 30 minutes in the second half and expect to win.

You know, there comes a time when you have to make a decision. If you are going to seriously say that Jason Campbell is YOUR GUY at quarterback, then for GOD's sake, give him a chance to get things done for you!!! I can't belive that they didn't even give Campbell a chance to tie that game for them down the stretch!! The Giants have a GOD AWFUL pass defense, and we hardly EVER challenged them with the pass. The one thing that defense has done relavitely well is defend the run... and that's ALL we gave them from 2nd and goal on... WTF??!!!!!!

The Skins have to decide right here and now if Campbell is really their guy... and if he is then for Christ's sake give him a chance to win a game for you!!!!!

Do we have any other Pass plays in that 700 page play book that isnt a damn Screen Pass??? That was one of the worst halves of play calling Ive ever laid eyes upon.

That step forward we took last monday night, was dwarfed by the 2 steps bacwards this week...absolutely pitiful. :doh:

After just watching the Giants come back and beat us, I must say that I am a little upset and disgusted. There are several questions I have, (1) why use 2 of your time outs when you have the 2 minute warning coming. Then you decide to use the last one with a minute or so left. Poor time management, defense needs work as well as offense, but most of all, when you are leading at half, and completely fall apart during the second half, something needs to be done, get rid of Joe Gibbs and work tirelessly on the offense and defense. After saying that, don't get me wrong, I am still a die hard fan, will love them no matter what, I just had to vent. With a week off next sunday, the skins should come back stronger and fiercer than ever.

I'm sorry guys. Just watch the game again.

1. Playcalling

2. Clock Management

3. PLAYCALLING

4. Defense when it counts

5. Running when it counts

6. Offensive line penalties

7. Burress and Shockey - NO ONE ELSE IS ON THAT ****ING TEAM

8. Burress

9. Shockey

10. Burress and Shockey

Joe Gibbs needs to lose his job, and honestly, we'd probably be best off if it were this week.

This breaks my heart. I held out for three years now that Gibbs had not lost his grip of the game.

He has. Gibbs II is over. Fire him, let's end this painlessly as possible.

I was wondering where the sreen passes and such were??

No spread offense with draws.

No WR screens

No square ins like the one the Giants abused us with.

Wow just wow.

I agree. We had a real lack of passing at all in the game. We ran the same crap run plays over and over. We ran the same run twice on the goal line. Where was the pass to Cooley down there, or to Todd Yoder? Unreal. Coaching killed us today.

Gibbs just said we told Jason to call the same running play in a row and to hurry up if the first didnt make it - we had 40 seconds why hurry up???

When Gibbs came back I was in tears thinking OMG things will get better now I think he needs to step down - he has lost it.

Tom

First and foremost, the defense lost us this game. That is a fact. We only got the ball, what, 6 times all second half? Under normal circumstances, six points from those last two drives would have been likely.

Secondly, Campbell will be a great, great QB. He's exactly what we need to have a great passing game, which we do and will have. Portis/Betts looked fine for the most part. Any complaints about the offense (outside of some poor playcalls) are unfounded.

We also figured out how to get turnovers, which bodes very well for the future.

The fact is that, no matter how much some of you attempt to spin this game negatively, it's just a loss. And we lost because we were outplayed by a team that wanted it more.

We are going to go into that bye, get refreshed, and start kicking ass. We are going to smear the Lions all over the turf, and that is that. Trust me on this.

Bull****!!! the defense forced 3 count em 3 turnovers,which qualifies as more than enough to win a football game add in home feild advantage any other teams offense would have capitalized on those turnovers and won the game easily especially with a 2 touchdown lead,our offense lost us this game face the music!!!!:mad: :mad:

Ok, I am one not to complain after a loss but this was rediculous. Why are we sitting on a lead the whole game? A 14 point lead! Why is Clinton Portis not in the huddle during the end of the game??? Why are we suddenly throwing it every single fluckin play??? Why isn't CP getting the ball more!?!?

Don't give me this crap about me needing to grow up. This loss was unexcusable. Some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Stop trying to be mature and say " The Giants wanted it more and needed it more". BULL****!!! They did not win this game! We lost it!

P.S I'm looking at the highlights on sportscenter. We only gave Clinton the ball 14 times! This is not how we got to the playoffs in '05.

This very much reminds me of Gibbs II. When we have the lead, or a hint of a lead, we play extremely conservative offense. You can't do that in today's NFL. You've got to keep playing. A couple of plays would have made the difference.

We get a 14 point lead and in the second half we get conservative and only run the ball. I'll give the Giants D some credit, they did play better in the second half. But I have to wonder, how much was it the Giant's D and how much was it our conservative offense.

Some questions: what happened to Cooley in the 2nd half? Sellers made about 1 play the entire game but we kept trying to go to him. Where is Saunders playbook? A lot of these plays like handing off to Moss or Randle El just look gimicky and don't fool the offense.

This is my sinking feeling, we are playing better on defense and Campbell is definitely an improvement, but... our conservative playcalling will get us. You can't milk a lead for a half in the NFL, at least not a 7 or 14 point lead. So, did the Giants D play better or did we play worse? We certainly had our opportunities on turnovers. It was a Divisional foe, but we still do not belong in the NFL elite...

We came out flat. Gibbs had the lead and thought he could sit on it with the Defeense on the field the whole second half.

The Defense looked winded with no legs. Offcourse Gibbs will take the blame and do it all over again.

Sorry, when you can count on one hand how many times you get the ball within a 25 minute period, it's the defense's fault. And the two times we did get the ball when it counted we managed to move the chains.

Campbell kept us in this one, and if we would have won, we would have done it in spite of the defense. They did absolutely nothing to help when it counted.

Right now. And Todd Collins is now our starter.

That's all that is going to save our season.

Gibbs please start calling the plays.

glad to see your 16, if you were 30ish id be worried (for you, not the team)

TC is not the answer, Jason was killed by the poor play calling, its kinda hard when there is no creativity in the offenses plays.

Greg williams is fine..his players on the other hand lacked heart in the second half..they played like they had a 30 point cushion.

Al saunders...ive never liked him here..should we fire him? NO, not midseason..go back to basics, actually play power football. theres no excuse for letting your young QB throw the ball that much when you have a lead.

So WItten goes off for like 200yrds all up the middle on NYG and we don't run Cooley up the middle ever???? WORST EVER!!! Christ, we didn't start throwing to the middle till the last 2mins of the game and wow we were successful....Langley HS coach could have called a better game....jesus.

Archived