Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "Worst playcalling in NFL history" thread (MEGA merged)

E-Dog Night

Right now. And Todd Collins is now our starter.

That's all that is going to save our season.

Gibbs please start calling the plays.

CAMPBELL was NOT to Blame here. :applause: :2cents:

NOR were either SAUNDERS or WILLIAMS. :applause: :2cents:

That 'ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE / ULTRA-REACTIONARY' Play-Calling had "JOE GIBBS II" Written ALL-OVER It!!! :doh: :mad: :(

GIBBS needs to STOP 'Micro-Managing' the Offensive Play-Calling. WHY did he HIRE Al Saunders - if he CONTINUALLY REFUSES to ALLOW Saunders to Call HIS Offense's Plays?!? :doh: :mad: :(

"1st-Down: (Conservative) Run; 2nd-Down: (Predictable) Run; 3rd-Down (and LONG): Pass (Under ENORMOUS Pressure); then, 4th-Down: Punt"!?! UGHH!?! :doh: :mad: :(

NO WAY that AL SAUNDERS "Crafted, or Approved, or even Suggested" THAT "Doo-Doo!!! :applause: :2cents:

"Read BETWEEN the Lines" on ALL the Offensive Players' COMMENTS, Post-Game (i.e.: Randall El, Campbell, etc.)!!! :applause::applause: :applause:

Jimmie Johnson said: SAME!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Brian Mitchell: DITTO!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

ANYBODY - who KNOWS the Game, can Critique it - OBJECTIVELY (i.e.: WITHOUT the "Ultra-Reactionary / Republican / Irrational 'BLINDNESS' to Joe Gibbs' LEGENDARY Stubborn-ness in spite of ALL Logic in the IMMEDIATE Situation / Circumstance"!!! :doh: :mad: :(

The 'HALLMARK' of 'GIBBS I' was his "LEGENDARY Half-Time 'ADJUSTMENTS'..." :applause: :cheers: :2cents:

In GIBBS II: He SEEMS (Sadly) Almost "Alzheimer-Like / Senile".... :doh: :doh: :doh:

Right now. And Todd Collins is now our starter.

That's all that is going to save our season.

Gibbs please start calling the plays.

The most retarded comment I've heard all year. seriously, come on- stop with the knee jerks here. Think dude (you and others)- Todd Collins is not an NFL starter. Campbell will improve, as will this team. Have some faith brother!

The 2005 season when Gibbs was doing the play calling I don't remember it being like today. Nothing was balanced in the second half and it did not attack the giants weakness. I don't know but it sure seems that Saunders is the one making the stinky play calls. I'm just really mad with him right now.

The coaches failed to call plays that exploited the giants defense-end of story!!!

True.

Remember that one deep ball to Moss in the 2nd? We should have been doing that all game. They have no secondary, and that came up to the surface towards the end when Campbell was absolutely shredding their defense with every pass, but by then it was too late. :(

Like it or not, we lost the game today due to our easily predictable playcalling. I cant even count the series that went

Run, Run, Pass, Punt

Yeah it gets really predictable and this IS the NFL. Its going to become obvious sooner or later. But isnt this what we wanted?

We suffered through Spurrier's "Fun-n-Gun" and Saunder's failed playbook. As boring as it is, and how easy to figure out, isnt this the Joe Gibbs style football that everyone says the Redskins need to get back to?

Watch any game from Gibbs I era. Its rarely anything but a Run, Run, Pass system.

So is this really what we want to see? Or is the Gibbs style offense something we wish worked, but is now out of date and unable to be used with our personnel?

Just my 2 cents.

Be nice :gaintsuck

I'm sorry, but who ever was calling the plays today sucks. If its Gibbs or Saunders they better get there head out of there ***. This team doesn't have a kill attitude and thats, because of the coaches. We always sit on leads and never play to win. This game made me sick and also made me realize that this is the same team as last year. The only difference is we have the good defense we had a couple years ago. When you win the turnover battle 3-1 you should win the damn game.

For the people that think its JCs fault. You must not have watched the game. After half it was run, run, pass. They always had him passing on third and longs. Our COACHES lost the game today not our team.

Jason Campbell was the only one that did a thing! This makes me even more pissed after a miserable loss... Campbell did great, maybe if he had some actual protection he would have had more time to do something... Too bad the offensive line COMPLETELY WAS RIPPED APART (not even in half, APART/SHREDDED). They were awful and sickening to say the least... sorry folks, don't mean to be too annoying on this board, but the offensive line play was disgusting.

The only problem I had with the D play calling was the fact Shocky was getting all those free releases. I keep telling my dad on 3rd down, curl to ass hole (shocky) which they did over and over and over. If someone would had jacked him at the line it would have thrown off the progressions. But free release to the TE will kill you regardless of what level your playing at.

Redskins football is to get a lead and then to pound the rock down their throat. Portis gets 16 rushes?? We all know the Skins win % goes way up when CP gets 20+ carries.

17-17 tie our first offensive play is a reverse after they tied it up. What had we done to setup a reverse after a kickoff? That play call alone still baffles the mind.

Redskins football is to get a lead and then to pound the rock down their throat. Portis gets 16 rushes?? We all know the Skins win % goes way up when CP gets 20+ carries.

17-17 tie our first offensive play is a reverse after they tied it up. What had we done to setup a reverse after a kickoff? That play call alone still baffles the mind.

\

Thats the problem thats Redskins football. Get a lead and sit on it. Just run run run it, it gets a little old. I mean i have no problem with running the ball, but run, run, pass on 3rd and 7 doesn't cut it. We need to start going for the kill. Teams play to win, we play to lose.

Redskin football went out of style log ago...it doesnt work anymore....

you have to score to win.....

Even the best defenses cant pull that sit on the ball thing anymore ( See the Ravens game earlier against Arizona).....

and also..

Why is it that only the redskins hate reverses?...

It was a decent play call considering the giants had been over pursuing all day long....

it was only one guy to beat on that side and he made a great defensive play to stop it...

it happens...

its not like we lost 15 yards on the play....

No, we still play Arizonia, Detroit, @minnesota.

Dude, if we can't beat the Giants at home, with all their injuries, AT HOME, with our elite defense and Portis and Moss and Cooley healthy, hell even Springs healthy, we can't call any one of those games a win.

14 point lead at the half against the worst defense in the league, 80 points in 2 games against Dallas and a very average Green Bay offense and you think we can beat Detroit?

This is all I have to say:

The Cowboys and Packers beat the Giants by being aggressive and trying to stomp on their throats every drive. We did the opposite and paid dearly for it.

What I want to know is - since we have Saunders, why doesn't our offense look like the Chiefs teams that were number 1 in the NFL on offense two or three years in a row? I don't think it's personnel, because Portis = Holmes or LJ, and Santana Moss > Eddie Kennison. I think Campbell < Trent Green, but not by much. Cooley is probably = T. Gonzalez on his better days.

So if we have comparable weapons, is it that our weapons are just too stupid to run the Saunders offense, or is it that Gibbs is getting too involved?

Bottom line... both offensive and defensive play-calling was WAY WAY WAY too conservative... we were going up against the worst pass defense in the NFL and we seemed to be too afraid to pass until we absolutely had to. If Campbell is going to be our guy then we need to have enought faith in him to put the ball in his hands and drive the final nails in the coffin instead of trying to sit on a lead.

The Redskins need to play to win instead of playing not to lose... plain and simple!!

Guest RideorDieChic
some one please explain to me why we had betts in 3rd and goal

and keeping the portis who is leading nfl in tds on the sidelines?

I was wondering the same thing, when I saw CP on the sidelines during that play I didn't have a good feeling ....:(

The Giants knew exactly what was coming. No imagination from Saunders and Gibbs.

Jason

Gibbs cannot coach in this league, hence the fact he hired Saunders to take over his job in calling plays. POINT BLANK. A " well-coached" team doesnt let another team with no kind of defense come all the way back. Pitful. We need an agressive coach whose not afraid and can actually "coach". What a joke.

Archived