Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Skins talking Brunell trade with Falcons

DrBoogerLips

Brunell is no more useless now than he was in 2005. We are getting the same exact thing we were getting from him in 2005, except now he'll take a couple shots downfield cuz he KNOWS the onslaught of boos will come if he throws it away AGAIN.

You've got one of the most experienced QBs in the game to help train your budding QB. I don't think anyone (including Gibbs) want Mark to play for us again. Ideally, JC will be the only quarterback who plays for us this season. However, I think Brunell can keep us in a game more than Collins can. Again - see the sack on Collins for proof that knowing a playbook has nothing to do with game management.

I see what you're saying, but Brunell cannot rely on his legs anymore. Ok, Collins took 1 sack. Brunell took 3 sacks against the Titans, wasted back-to-back timeouts, has thrown a combined 9-21 for 105 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT. Please, it's time to put him to pasture. Collins hasn't been hit in 10 years. He actually has the body of a 28 yr old when you think about it. No wear and tear. Brunell has been through wars. He's 37, but plays like he's 47. Hell, Vinny Testeverde is better than him now at 43.

I see what you're saying, but Brunell cannot rely on his legs anymore. Ok, Collins took 1 sack. Brunell took 3 sacks against the Titans, wasted back-to-back timeouts, has thrown a combined 9-21 for 105 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT. Please, it's time to put him to pasture. Collins hasn't been hit in 10 years. He actually has the body of a 28 yr old when you think about it. No wear and tear. Brunell has been through wars. He's 37, but plays like he's 47. Hell, Vinny Testeverde is better than him now at 43.

PJ makes damn good points. Collins is showing that he can play. Brunell hasnt shown me that, and im speaking from last season, up through this offseason, up until now. Collins is fresh, no lingreing injuries, and is well versed in the playbook. He is showing ability and proficiency on the field. Brunell has been raped by D-lines throughout his career. He doesnt have it anymore. He may have had a little left in 2005, but that ship has sailed, and we are left with the screen pass champion of the world.

If we can get a 6th rounder for him then we will have gotten a good return on our investment in Brunell. We rode him until the wheels fell off, and if Atlanta can give him one last spin around the block, then i say we toss them the keys. Gtting any kind of draft pick or back up guard would be a win situation for this team.

PJ makes damn good points. Collins is showing that he can play. Brunell hasnt shown me that, and im speaking from last season, up through this offseason, up until now. Collins is fresh, no lingreing injuries, and is well versed in the playbook. He is showing ability and proficiency on the field. Brunell has been raped by D-lines throughout his career. He doesnt have it anymore. He may have had a little left in 2005, but that ship has sailed, and we are left with the screen pass champion of the world.

If we can get a 6th rounder for him then we will have gotten a good return on our investment in Brunell. We rode him until the wheels fell off, and if Atlanta can give him one last spin around the block, then i say we toss them the keys. Gtting any kind of draft pick or back up guard would be a win situation for this team.

agreed, let him go to ATL and retire, while we take a draft pick and invest it in some depth at the Oline or Dline next year. The guy had a good run throughout his career, but he'll be done real soon.

Frankly i thought we would never get a ham sandwich for him nowadays so even a 6th rounder would be nice

Not to mention Adam Schefter on NFL Network also confirmed that the Falcons have not even spoken with the Redskins... but have spoken to the Eagles about Holcomb.

But don't let the facts (like nobody except Joe Gibbs has use for Brunell) get in the way of a good fantasy discussion :)

Not to mention Adam Schefter on NFL Network also confirmed that the Falcons have not even spoken with the Redskins... but have spoken to the Eagles about Holcomb.

But don't let the facts (like nobody except Joe Gibbs has use for Brunell) get in the way of a good fantasy discussion :)

:laugh: Of course they haven't talked to the Redskins about Brunell. Falcon fans are already pissed off :cuss:

I'm embarrassed to be a Redskin fan right now. You guys continue to show what a knee-jerk fanbase we have here in DC. Pathetic.

I've been saying the same things about Brunell for 3 years. As have many here. Don't see how that's kneejerk.

Brunell was done before we signed him, gave him that contract and gave away that draft pick for him. He's not going to improve at this point. He's done.

I'm embarrassed to be a Redskin fan right now. You guys continue to show what a knee-jerk fanbase we have here in DC. Pathetic.

I wouldn't call the fans' overall reaction to Brunell as being "knee-jerk" in any way. Many of the members here have been against him from the start. I like the guy, but if we could deal him to a team like Atlanta that is truly desperate for options at QB, I'd be all for it.

you realize, if this happens, he will be another green, ferotte, humphries, and take atlanta to 10-6. crumpler will be his favorite receiver though.

and campbell will go down, leaving us with the newly beloved collins.

it's just the way things work around here

we'd have to get a sweet deal to get rid of him. i don't see many 2nd or 3rd stringers, who are better than him. and remember he is in 2005 form, not hurt like in 2006. Brunell 2005 is a fine backup in this league at a key position.

I would say that we can ask a high price from atl. if they want him so bad. I know that their QB coach used to be ours, unless of course they replaced him when mora left. It would really and truly be a stop gap for them. They need to look more towards the future if they are going to trade high pick for QB. They should have kept Shaub all along. He is really a pretty decent QB. Even if Vick were playing this year, they could have seen how he would have adapted to the offense. If we wasn't working out they could have traded vick instead and kept Shaub and went from there. Now they are scrambling. Bad management on their part in this particular instance. I know that McKay is a pretty good GM, but he should have really thought about trading shaub.

I wouldn't be mad if we packaged MB with a 5th rounder and got a couple cases of Icy-Hot.

Seriously, it will be foolish to keep MB and Collins both. But we need to see Palmer too. Jason's injury should help solve this #2 controversy sooner than later, and hopefully pretty transparently.

If anybody has a link for this trade, please post it. Seeing is believing.

Archived