Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Skins talking Brunell trade with Falcons

DrBoogerLips

In all seriousness, how many of you are actually thinking the trade through? How many of you seriously want Collins backing-up Campbell when he hasn't thrown a real NFL pass in years?

Collins will be fine. Especially if we can get a servicable O-line body from ATL, trade Brunell. A future pick won't help us that much, unlike other years, we have all of our picks next year.... We don't need picks, we need O-line help.

Lets be realistic, no way in heck we get a 2nd, 3rd or most likely a 4th for him. He is over the hill, might not even win the starting job, and Atlanta is not poised for a superbowl run this year to start.

I think it would be a great deal to trade him for a 5th round or 6th round pick. He is not going to be a starter again here in Washington unless JC gets injured and even then it is not a guarantee he ever starts again.

By trading him we give him an opportunity to win a starting position to close out his career. However, if Brunell doesn't want to be traded to get said opportunity, I would not trade him. He has gone through multiple contract restructuring when we needed it. He has been a consumate team player. I do not mind overpaying to keep him around if he wants to be here because he is a true Redskin.

Loyalty and character mean a hell of a lot to me.

Yeah, yeah...... Hey if ATL says they will give him a legitimate shot at the starting job at ATL, and they will give a player and a maybe a conditional pick.... trade Brunell.

I just fear that someone will nab Palmer off our practice squad so if we could deal brunell or heck cut collins and keep Palmer active i'd be happy. I think we need to go from 2 old vets and one youngin to 2 youngins and one old vet.

I don't see that happening, especially when Palmer suffers a season ending papercut on his throwing hand

if we can get value for Brunell we need to do it now before he wrots on our bench like a pumpkin on my porch at Halloween. If we dont act now, he may retire at the end of the season and we will have washed a second day draft pick down the tubes for nothing.

I really loved my first car too, but it was a clunker (86 chevy celebrity wagon) and when someone offered me 800 bucks for it i jumped at the oppritunity to get something back on it besides the miles i had put on it.

I agree, getting something for MB at this stage in the game would be nice. It would also give JC a sign of confidence from the staff. They would basically be saying "Look, you're THE guy, no security blanket on the sidelines"

What type of cap hit would it give us? or would it in fact help the cap?

We're gonna be in the same situation next season when Brunell and Collins are both gone. Might as well get something for one.

Oh, and I'm tired of the "He beat Dallas twice" and "He took us to the playoffs" BS. Who cares? That was 2005. This is 2007. Brunell is done. I just don't see how some of you can watch him and have honestly convinced yourselves he can play.

Look, I have nothing against MB. I loved beating Dallass twice and going to the playoffs, but he's useless now. As in the present. Not the past.

I agree, getting something for MB at this stage in the game would be nice. It would also give JC a sign of confidence from the staff. They would basically be saying "Look, you're THE guy, no security blanket on the sidelines"

What type of cap hit would it give us? or would it in fact help the cap?

Agreed, I would take a sixth in a heartbeat. We have drafted late pretty well the last couple of years.

BTW trading Mark

1.5 mil saved this year

3.4 mil saved next year.

PLease...please...move Brunell...I would trade him for a half bag of melted m&m's

Palmer would be a fine backup if we lost both of the old guys. We could snag a DE or DL from the falcons while they are desperate.

Mike Vick media overload...let him fade away...who cares at this point, there is a season afoot! there are plenty of important football things to discuss other than dog boy.

We're gonna be in the same situation next season when Brunell and Collins are both gone. Might as well get something for one.

Oh, and I'm tired of the "He beat Dallas twice" and "He took us to the playoffs" BS. Who cares? That was 2005. This is 2007. Brunell is done. I just don't see how some of you can watch him and have honestly convinced yourselves he can play.

Look, I have nothing against MB. I loved beating Dallass twice and going to the playoffs, but he's useless now. As in the present. Not the past.

Brunell is no more useless now than he was in 2005. We are getting the same exact thing we were getting from him in 2005, except now he'll take a couple shots downfield cuz he KNOWS the onslaught of boos will come if he throws it away AGAIN.

You've got one of the most experienced QBs in the game to help train your budding QB. I don't think anyone (including Gibbs) want Mark to play for us again. Ideally, JC will be the only quarterback who plays for us this season. However, I think Brunell can keep us in a game more than Collins can. Again - see the sack on Collins for proof that knowing a playbook has nothing to do with game management.

I agree, I hope the skins make the deal. For once, can we get some extra draft choices.

That said, I don't see Gibbs making the move. He likes MB and MB has done a lot to stay here.

Agreed, Gibbs will never give up Mark, not even for a fourth team/car in NASCAR.

Archived