Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Skins talking Brunell trade with Falcons

DrBoogerLips

I think it's gone beyond the hatred. Just the simple fact that he cannot run a play for positive yardage is enough to convince me. I gave him a pass against Tennesee, but Pittsburgh sealed it.

Not only that, but he burns up timeouts like they're contaminated (last year he came in when Campbell got knocked around a bit, and last week at TN).

This rumor may not be as outlandish as it sounds......It's a great opportunity for Brunell to move on, but I just don't see Gibbs pulling the trigger on this one. If it has to happen, I sure as hell hope we can rape the Falcons for a starting guard or a high draft pick and at the same time divest ourselves of Brunell's contract and its salary implications.

What's all the hype about Todd Collins? He has never played a meaningful game since 97'.. He runs slower than Brunell, and his arm is weaker than Brunell's. We are watching him do some good things in the "preseason" against "scrubs", and we want to make him the back up to Cambell?? Gimmie a Break! Brunell isn't going anywhere folks!
you rang?

...and Brunell probably isn't getting traded, especially not when he's battling to keep the back-up spot here. He did look sharp against Pitt though.

In all seriousness, how many of you are actually thinking the trade through? How many of you seriously want Collins backing-up Campbell when he hasn't thrown a real NFL pass in years?

5 of 12 for 56 and and INT? He looked sharp? I'd like what you guys are smoking. And Collins wasn't playing against scrubs in the first half. He has no wear and tear on him like Brunell.

3 plays in Brunell's repretoire:

Pass out of bounds

dumpoff

Curl up in the fetal position and take a sack

I wouldn't trust him for 1 series.

People say Collins hasn't thrown a pass in 10 years, meaning he has the body of a 27 year old. No wear and tear. Brunell is worn and torn.

Last year, yes. Brunell played terribly. In 2005, those playoff games were painful to watch. Even the playoff win against the Bucs.

But he had surgery in the offseason, and that arm looks better than it did all of last year. Better than 2005. His passes were sharp. I would trust him. In fact, I'm going to have to change my sig.

You guys go ahead and trust Todd Collins to back Jason up. My money says if Campbell goes down, Mark Brunell is THE ONLY option we have to win games.

Brunell won't win us a Super Bowl. He looked good the other night. If we can get a third round pick, I say lets take it.

I liked what I saw, but I remember the Brunell of just last year. Lets trade him while the value is high. If Campbell goes down, it's game over anyway.

The Washington Times reports that the Falcons have inquired with the Redskins about trading for QB Mark Brunell. The Falcons are in need of a quarterback with Michael Vick having off-the-field issues and D.J. Shockley out for 2007 with a torn ACL. I think that would be great gives us a spot to keep Jordan Palmer. I think Todd Collins has looked way better than Brunell, what are your thoughts?

Hail

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

If Campbell goes down, it's game over anyway.

Good point, Dock. I suppose I'm looking at Joe Gibbs' window for a run, not thinking of the future of the team.

One point I'd like to make is that Mark would have won that game saturday night if the first teams were on the field. I say he's got enough left to lead us if necessary.

Brunell won't win us a Super Bowl. He looked good the other night. If we can get a third round pick, I say lets take it.

My God... I honestly can't believe people would think Brunell could fetch a 3rd round pick.

Steve McNair was traded last year for a 4th to be the starter.

How much do you honestly think Brunell is going to fetch to be a backup somewhere?

You've lost your mind.

Archived