Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Skins talking Brunell trade with Falcons

DrBoogerLips

I think the difference-maker is Jordan Palmer.

If he can handle the #3 slot, then by all means, dump Brunell. I'm not keen on "stashing" Palmer on the PS if he has a lick of potential. I also believe that's why we haven't seen him in either game.

I'd much rather have Palmer take a roster spot since in all likelihood he'll only be carrying a clipoard anyway. But we have to at least have enough faith in him should the occasion arise. Then again, who are we kidding? Our season at that point is toast, whether Mr. Brunell or Mr. Palmer were called in.

Trade Brunell and start getting Palmer work now. This should be a good test in how much faith we have in the kid, and just how ready we are as a team to embrace change.

:2cents:

Why would you cut Brunell?

1) He isn't a cancer in the locker-room

2) He would only be used if the season went badly

3) Do we know the cap implications if cut him now?

4) How can we be so angry with a guy that we would act irrationally just to get this guy off the team?

5) I forgave Brunell for anything he ever did or will do in a Redskins uniform the night he ran 20+ yards on fourth and long, then threw two perfect bombs to Santana Moss... Frankly, I think he should run for mayor.

BTW, very funny coincidence... After I wrote this post (in the other Brunell thread), I went to lunch with SkinsNatsFan at Reston Plaza America and we caught Mr. Brunell walking out of the Sprint store... I should've mentioned my thoughts on him running for Mayor. BTW, the post already sums up my feelings... I'd be happy if the guy retires a Redskin and leaves on his own terms. That one moment in time will forever be his legacy in Washington for me.

The falcons take 2 of our QBs in as many weeks? I don't like it. By the way, why is it that multiple sources exclude Bramlet when they list the QBs on the falcons roster?

IMO, Brunell would be PISSED to go to Atlanta unless he has reason to beleive he will win the starting job. Gibbs likes Brunell too much to ship him out against his will, unless the offer were rediculous... and theres no reason for the falcons to make a "good" offer.

I dont see anything positive gain by trading him for some garbage 5-7th round pick. Let Mark stay here and continue to teach and help out Campbell. Mark has said he's wanted to stay here, so unless he wants to go really bad cause he feels he can challenge for a starting job i say keep him here.

The only way the trade makes sense is if the falcons send us a GOOD guard.

The way I see it, Campbell won't make it to the bye week with the current rubbish we have on our roster. Without a good LG, we are going to go through backup QBs like a hot lightsaber through melted butter on the surface of the sun. If we can get a starting-caliber guard, then this deal is a no-brainer.

However, If ATL is only offering low-round draft picks, then we need to stay away from them... we would just be trading a solid Backup QB in a make-or-break year for Joe Gibbs for some player who probably wont even make our 2008 practice squad. It would just be stoopid.

If we can get a 2011 7th rounder for him we'll have raped them big time. Too bad we didn't keep Bramlet around somehow.

As for Vick, I hope he's ready for his prison visit with the health inspector...he certainly deserves it.

Is that a dead dog in your sig?

Archived