Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Skins talking Brunell trade with Falcons

DrBoogerLips

Wow this place has gone insane. IF you honestly think that Collins can back up Campbell if he got hurt you're smoking some serious ****. We NEED Brunell until another younger player steps up and is ready to take control. I'm thinking the kid from NFL Europe who should be on the practice squad. For now, no deal on Brunell. I don't care if it's for a 1st rounder you cannot pull the trigger. Think about it, if the skins are 6-5 and our franchise QB takes a crazy shot to the knee ala pre season and we have Collins back him up we'd finish the year 6-10. Brunell at least gives you a chance to win games. He can throw dump offs to betts, hand off to portis and screens to moss all day for all I care.

Wow this place has gone insane. IF you honestly think that Collins can back up Campbell if he got hurt you're smoking some serious ****. We NEED Brunell until another younger player steps up and is ready to take control. I'm thinking the kid from NFL Europe who should be on the practice squad. For now, no deal on Brunell. I don't care if it's for a 1st rounder you cannot pull the trigger. Think about it, if the skins are 6-5 and our franchise QB takes a crazy shot to the knee ala pre season and we have Collins back him up we'd finish the year 6-10. Brunell at least gives you a chance to win games. He can throw dump offs to betts, hand off to portis and screens to moss all day for all I care.

bramlet? we cut him a couple weeks ago...

So we NEED Brunell to throw dump offs, hand off and throw screen passes?

Todd Collins couldn't do that?

I've said in another thread that I really don't care who is the backup QB between the two because the Skins are screwed either way if we have to rely on either one for an extended period of time. I'm more concerned that we lose out on a developmental QB and keep 2 marginal and old QBs as our backups. Is there another team in the league with a 37 and 35 year old battling it out to be #2 and #3? Kind of sad really.

Right now, Todd Collins is outperforming Mark Brunell and there is no question that he knows this offense better than any of the other QBs. So at this point, he is EARNING the backup slot and I'm assuming the coaches feel that he's earning it too since Brunell was bumped to #3 last week.

Again, ultimately I don't care either way. I just find it humorous to read that there are people out there who still think we can "win" with Brunell at QB and are more comfortable with him in there despite watching his play these last 3 seasons.

What do you guys think of trading Brunell to the falcons for one of their O-Lineman? I mean they obviously need help at QB ane we obviously need help on the line.... thoughts?

Why you think Vick ran so much, it wasn't because he was chasing down greyhounds. Falcons OL stinks.

Why you think Vick ran so much, it wasn't because he was chasing down greyhounds. Falcons OL stinks.

I thought when Jim Mora jr was coaching he made them all cut weight so they were more mobile in order to run around with mike to keep him protected.

Paterno has been beefing them up since he showed up however

So we NEED Brunell to throw dump offs, hand off and throw screen passes?

Todd Collins couldn't do that?

I've said in another thread that I really don't care who is the backup QB between the two because the Skins are screwed either way if we have to rely on either one for an extended period of time. I'm more concerned that we lose out on a developmental QB and keep 2 marginal and old QBs as our backups. Is there another team in the league with a 37 and 35 year old battling it out to be #2 and #3? Kind of sad really.

Right now, Todd Collins is outperforming Mark Brunell and there is no question that he knows this offense better than any of the other QBs. So at this point, he is EARNING the backup slot and I'm assuming the coaches feel that he's earning it too since Brunell was bumped to #3 last week.

Again, ultimately I don't care either way. I just find it humorous to read that there are people out there who still think we can "win" with Brunell at QB and are more comfortable with him in there despite watching his play these last 3 seasons.

I don't think we can win with either, but I am more comfortable with Brunell in there than I am with collins, pre season stats be damned.

-- BRUNELL TRADE?

The Atlanta Falcons have some uncertainty at quarterback, as a result of the Michael Vick situation and a season-ending injury to backup D.J. Shockley.

Periodically during training camp, there have been media reports and Internet rumors that the Falcons have inquired about trading for Redskins quarterback Mark Brunell.

For the second time this preseason, Joe Gibbs on Tuesday addressed the speculation.

Asked about the trade rumors, Gibbs replied: "We've had no talks whatsoever. I don't know where that came from. We've had no talks that I'm aware of, as the head coach."

Given Campbell's injury [however minor], how lively Brunell's arm looked on Saturday, and how weak Collins' arm is, I don't understand why they would seriously consider this unless the deal was too good to pass up. Right now -- in spite of Collins' solid performance against the Steelers -- I have Brunell as the clear #2 guy.

I would note that JG said he knows of no trade talks.....as the HC.....That says nothing for his position as President of this team.....read between the lines and you see they are working on it but that it may fall through.....maybe we want more than they wish to give.

Archived