Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Skins talking Brunell trade with Falcons

DrBoogerLips

One point I'd like to make is that Mark would have won that game saturday night if the first teams were on the field.

If you meant our first team and their 2nd and 3rders, I guess so. Let's say (to make it fair), our first team and their first team. Well, last year thru all the first quarters that he played... zero points. He did play first AND second quarter of the New England game. Still... zero points.

If you meant our first team and their 2nd and 3rders, I guess so.

I meant both first teams and I meant Mark coming in exactly when he did. He's a lot healthier this season than the last 2. You guys want to hand the 2 spot to Collins for one good night in preseason? Go ahead. I saw Brunell take us deep.

Let's say (to make it fair), our first team and their first team. Well, last year thru all the first quarters that he played... zero points. He did play first AND second quarter of the New England game. Still... zero points.

Mark got bushwhacked by the arrival of Al Saunders' brand new system last season. We'll see if Saunders pays off with a trip to the playoffs the way Brunell did. I'm not saying I have anything against Al, I'm saying I am very appreciative of Mark.

I would take a second round pick for him. Right now he has good knowledge of our offense and given what happened to Jason on Sat. night, I doubt that we will part with him for anything less than a second round pick.

Trent Green was traded for a 5th, with Miami fully intending him to be the starter, yet you think Brunell is worth a 2nd round pick to become a backup???

Randy Moss went for a fourth round pick.

We have to be realistic here.

Again, a Nelly halftime show, and Beyonce for about three games, with the provision that she does no interviews and is NOT provided with a working microphone.

Get er done.

I meant both first teams and I meant Mark coming in exactly when he did. He's a lot healthier this season than the last 2. You guys want to hand the 2 spot to Collins for one good night in preseason? Go ahead. I saw Brunell take us deep.

Mark got bushwhacked by the arrival of Al Saunders' brand new system last season. We'll see if Saunders pays off with a trip to the playoffs the way Brunell did. I'm not saying I have anything against Al, I'm saying I am very appreciative of Mark.

Don't you think though, that on 3rd down (with 13 seconds left), and NO timeouts, that his ONLY option was to find a receiver near the sidelines... even if it meant throwing it AWAY? OK, so it would have been a 51 or 53 yarder, but... you never know. I think he lost some of his super smartness.

Randy Moss went for a fourth round pick.

We have to be realistic here.

Again, a Nelly halftime show, and Beyonce for about three games, with the provision that she does no interviews and is NOT provided with a working microphone.

Get er done.

What do Nelly and Beyonce have to do with Atlanta though?

I would take a second round pick for him. Right now he has good knowledge of our offense and given what happened to Jason on Sat. night, I doubt that we will part with him for anything less than a second round pick.

At least start negotiations at a second round pick. I would like to see an additional pick, a Guard or DE for him. Don't really need Nelly personally. Unless he can rush the passer or run block.

Lets be realistic, no way in heck we get a 2nd, 3rd or most likely a 4th for him. He is over the hill, might not even win the starting job, and Atlanta is not poised for a superbowl run this year to start.

I think it would be a great deal to trade him for a 5th round or 6th round pick. He is not going to be a starter again here in Washington unless JC gets injured and even then it is not a guarantee he ever starts again.

By trading him we give him an opportunity to win a starting position to close out his career. However, if Brunell doesn't want to be traded to get said opportunity, I would not trade him. He has gone through multiple contract restructuring when we needed it. He has been a consumate team player. I do not mind overpaying to keep him around if he wants to be here because he is a true Redskin.

Loyalty and character mean a hell of a lot to me.

Archived