Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Skins talking Brunell trade with Falcons

DrBoogerLips

Looks like Vick finally put in his plea and they his side is asking for 10-12 months. So this deal may go down pretty soon, knowing that Vick will be gone at the very least 1 year.

In jail, yes. But that's not counting another year he will be suspended by the NFL for lying to Roger Goodell, as well as all of the members of the Falcons organization.

What's all the hype about Todd Collins? He has never played a meaningful game since 97'.. He runs slower than Brunell, and his arm is weaker than Brunell's. We are watching him do some good things in the "preseason" against "scrubs", and we want to make him the back up to Cambell?? Gimmie a Break! Brunell isn't going anywhere folks!

With Jason Campbell limping around Redskin park today, I don't think we're in ANY position to be giving up our quarterbacks.

Imagine a world where Todd Collins is our starter and Jordan Palmer is our backup.

Not such a happy place is it?

Let's all just "count to ten" on this one for now.

HTTR

What's all the hype about Todd Collins? He has never played a meaningful game since 97'.. He runs slower than Brunell, and his arm is weaker than Brunell's. We are watching him do some good things in the "preseason" against "scrubs", and we want to make him the back up to Cambell?? Gimmie a Break! Brunell isn't going anywhere folks!

Collins looked pretty good against the Steeler's starters. And according to reporters like John Keim at Warpath, he has looked much better than Brunell in camp -- and apparently he did last year too.

In all seriousness, how many of you are actually thinking the trade through? How many of you seriously want Collins backing-up Campbell when he hasn't thrown a real NFL pass in years?

Okay, I've thought it through. Brunell is useless in the Saunders scheme. Weak-armed Collins is a better option.

I'd take a seventh-round pick in the next draft, but that's negotiable. A 7th in 2030 is as low as I'd go. I have my pride.

After us hooking them up on the Duckett deal they should give us at least a 5th rounder for Brunell

5th rounder isn't enough. The Falcons are toast without a QB. After trading Schaub and losing Vick they are desperate. They want Brunell...I want a 2nd rounder.

1. I NEVER care about the third QB. If it gets to that point, it probably doesn't matter anyway. Not many teams can lose their #1 and #2 QB's and make a season out of it.

So, keeping Brunell for "depth" is meaningless to me.

2. A 5th or even 6th round pick isn't "garbage." Yes, the Redskins often turn it into garbage, but getting a 5th or 6th for your third QB is a pretty solid deal-- especially if he's old and has a hefty contract.

3. In contrast to points #1 and #2, Brunell IS a good mentor for JC and has always been a stand-up guy/competitor since joining the team. I wouldn't "throw him away" for nothing.

In summary, if Atlanta offers a 5th or a 6th, I take it. If all they offer is a 7th or roster fodder, I pass.

Archived