Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dec. 21, 2012- The end of the Mayan Calander- End of the world?

88Comrade2000

My whole deal with all of this, is what's going to happen with all the looneybin "Doomsday Preppers" type people with machine guns, crossbows, catapaults, tripwires, baked beans, and cans of spam, looking to go into business, and ( in the beginning), want to help/protect any potential survivors, but once greed kicks in, possibly enslave any survivors, and in the end, nothing happens?

Talk about a debbie downer situation. Time to get a day job.

Not sure how they could have.

I have a :geek: moment here...

Every leap year divisible by 100, but not 400 (i.e. 1900, 1800, 1700, 1500) does not have a leap day.

So, the number of leap days actually missed by the Mayan's is about 15 days less than shown in that graphic that keeps getting posted on Facebook.

:geek: off

• 8 months later...
A month and 6 days out and no one is having fun with this on here?

For shame.

Most interesting theory I've come across:

http://www.souledout.org/cosmology/ages/transitionagesprint.html

Similar theories have been going around for awhile. I enjoy reading about the Great Ages.

But there are plenty of people... some on this msg brd... that can put holes in the concept of the Great Ages.

Similar theories have been going around for awhile. I enjoy reading about the Great Ages.

But there are plenty of people... some on this msg brd... that can put holes in the concept of the Great Ages.

Of course there isn't any validity to it, interesting none the less. I'm shocked this isn't getting more play. Hell they've been hyping us up for over 5 years now with movies and the History channel. Of course nothing happens but thought it could be a fun thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Great ball of China: Farmer builds survival pod to save him (and 13 others) from tsunami, earthquake... and Mayan doomsday

With just ten days to go before the Mayan apocalypse supposedly spells the end of the world, many believers may be looking for ways to dodge doomsday.

But one farmer in China believes he is ready for any eventuality after building seven emergency survival pods.

Liu Qiyuan created the fibreglass shells - dubbed Noah's Ark - after being inspired by the apocalyptic Hollywood movie 2012.

article-2246313-1674F692000005DC-358_634x425.jpg

article-2246313-1674F672000005DC-691_634x425.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

Apparently enough people are truly concerned that NASA has created a website:

Beyond 2012: Why the World Won't End

NASA Scientists answer questions on the following 2012 topics:

• End of the World
  • 'Prediction' Origins
  • Mayan Calendar
  • Total Blackout
  • Planetary Alignment
  • Nibiru/Planet X/Eris
  • Polar Shift
  • Meteor Strike
  • NASA Science
  • Solar Storms

Here's a video for December 22nd:

Somehow I don't think some people are understanding the whole end of the WORLD concept...

People believe astrology too, thinking that the gravitational pull of a planet has an influence on your life. With the inverse square law for gravitation, the weight of any of the medical staff in the delivery room has a much greater impact than even the closest planet.

The ridiculous galactic alignment nonsense is based on the same fundamental lack of math.

Meh ... it looks like that website picked an arbitrary time, and they chose the time of the Winter Solstice at UTC. So basically the world will end at a time defined by the British Navy when they were the top seafaring nation. I'm not sure if the Mayans are on board with this. But then why we are trusting their 'prediction' when they didn't predict the end of their own civilization?

There's always been one aspect of the "Apocalypse Preparation" type of people that I just don't get. What exactly do you think you're going to do?

Massive biblical level tsunami? Kiss your ass goodbye

Super Volcano? I would think that if you're lucky enough to not be in the blast radius (and underground), then there's that whole falling ash/ severe climate change thing that you'd have to be worried about, and in that case, you'd better stock up on 30 years (or however long you plan on living) of spam and baked beans.

Nuclear war? Same as above

Hostile aliens? You will be zapped into a million microscopic pieces

The only scenario in which I could see "Prepared" people surviving for any considerable amount of time ( like 3-6 weeks) is if there were some kind of massive solar flare that dedstroys every electronic device on the planet. If you live in some bunker in the wilderness you might get by longer than that, but I have a hard time believeing that you're going to survive for any lenghty amount of time, when you are faced with losing your sanity, and being surrounded by weapons.

Meh ... it looks like that website picked an arbitrary time, and they chose the time of the Winter Solstice at UTC. So basically the world will end at a time defined by the British Navy when they were the top seafaring nation. I'm not sure if the Mayans are on board with this. But then why we are trusting their 'prediction' when they didn't predict the end of their own civilization?

I think the Mayan Calendar "end of days" theory is for December 21, 2012 at 11:11 UTC. I don't know what UTC is, but its a time zone. And that web site just put it into ET for us.

---------- Post added December-20th-2012 at 11:37 AM ----------

The Mayans have a name for the next age. I don't know where all the idiotic end of days talk comes from. This is actually very interesting. It's a new age.

Aquarius?

Archived