Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**** the Cowboys

Big Weirdo

I didn’t have much hope for this season, but it ended up being much better than I expected.  Watching Parsons and Diggs was a lot of fun.  I had no hope for the D, but they really ended up being the most fun D to watch in more than a decade.  Add to that Dallas having the #1 offense for both scoring and yards.  An 11 win season with a sweep of the NFC East.  The biggest blowout in the history of Dallas-Washington followed by a blowout vs the Eagles where Dallas scored 50+ again  (most points by Dallas vs Philly in my lifetime (I'm in my late 40s).  Dallas averaging 40 points per game against the NFC East... I'll take that again next year if I can.  They were always long-shots for a SB, but it has been awhile since I had this much fun watching them.

13 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I didn’t have much hope for this season, but it ended up being much better than I expected.  Watching Parsons and Diggs was a lot of fun.  I had no hope for the D, but they really ended up being the most fun D to watch in more than a decade.  Add to that Dallas having the #1 offense for both scoring and yards.  An 11 win season with a sweep of the NFC East.  The biggest blowout in the history of Dallas-Washington followed by a blowout vs the Eagles where Dallas scored 50+ again  (most points by Dallas vs Philly in my lifetime (I'm in my late 40s).  Dallas averaging 40 points per game against the NFC East... I'll take that again next year if I can.  They were always long-shots for a SB, but it has been awhile since I had this much fun watching them.

3 wins against teams over .500.  They blew out Washington and Philly, who were depleted by Covid.  Had Washington and Philly been at full strength, I doubt they blow them out.  That was the only reason they led the league in scoring.  As far as long shots for the SB, every year the media picks them to go far in the playoffs.  I wouldn't call that being long shots. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aszumilo said:

3 wins against teams over .500.  They blew out Washington and Philly, who were depleted by Covid.  Had Washington and Philly been at full strength, I doubt they blow them out.  That was the only reason they led the league in scoring.  As far as long shots for the SB, every year the media picks them to go far in the playoffs.  I wouldn't call that being long shots. 

The "media" talks about Dallas because talking about Dallas is what gets raitings.  When Dallas wins, the media talks them up...  and acknowledge that the Cowboys will probably lose in the playoffs. When they lose, the media talks about how funny it is that they always lose.  There is no version of sports "media" that will ignore Dallas.  Think about how much you enjoy watching people discussing a Cowboys loss... and how wrong people were who thought the Cowboys were a contender.

It was a pretty fun season no matter how you slice it.  If Washington swept the NFC with historical blowouts against the Cowboys and Eagles, while also having a rookie racking up 13 sacks on the way to a1st team all-pro selection... would you be saddened if I pointed out they only had a few wins against teams with records over .500?  I am guessing that you would still feel that it was fun to watch.

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

The "media" talks about Dallas because talking about Dallas is what gets raitings.  When Dallas wins, the media talks them up...  and acknowledge that the Cowboys will probably lose in the playoffs. When they lose, the media talks about how funny it is that they always lose.  There is no version of sports "media" that will ignore Dallas.  Think about how much you enjoy watching people discussing a Cowboys loss... and how wrong people were who thought the Cowboys were a contender.

It was a pretty fun season no matter how you slice it.  If Washington swept the NFC with historical blowouts against the Cowboys and Eagles, while also having a rookie racking up 13 sacks on the way to a1st team all-pro selection... would you be saddened if I pointed out they only had a few wins against teams with records over .500?  I am guessing that you would still feel that it was fun to watch.

I hold no grudges towards them on how they won those games.  Just pointing out that they were not as good as the majority of their fans and media want to claim.  Every year is the year they are going to win it all.  It has been like that since Jimmy Johnson was their coach.  I understand the media wants ratings and think the cowboys offer them that opportunity and that is the main reason everyone loves when they lose, tired of the coverage and knob slobbering. 

You seem to be grounded in reality a bit more than most of the cowboy fans I know.

• Like 2

It is a weird perspective hearing how people feel that Dallas is expected to be good by fans and media.  When I read Cowboys fans' perspectives of the expectations of Dallas, I tend to see 20 people arguing that they are not real contenders for every one fan that thinks they might win it all.  If a rival fan talks about how much they suck, you tend to get a response defending the team.  If a fan of the team expresses doubt... they get a ton of agreement.  I don't know any fan that thought Dallas was likely to win the Super Bowl.  

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Nerm said:

It is a weird perspective hearing how people feel that Dallas is expected to be good by fans and media.  When I read Cowboys fans' perspectives of the expectations of Dallas, I tend to see 20 people arguing that they are not real contenders for every one fan that thinks they might win it all.  If a rival fan talks about how much they suck, you tend to get a response defending the team.  If a fan of the team expresses doubt... they get a ton of agreement.  I don't know any fan that thought Dallas was likely to win the Super Bowl.  

I disagree. Have you seen how gutted fans of the Cowboys were after this loss. No the fans expected more than a one and done. Miss me with we didn’t expect much this year. You wanna hang your hat on blowing out teams in the nfc east okay. Still couldn’t beat a Niner team that was gifting the cowboys an upset the last few minutes.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nerm said:

I understand being happy with the blowout of both rivals. If that had been reversed us fans would be thrilled. The fact is that it was against our team which was on 4 days rest and had so many roster changes over the previous two weeks we could barely field a team much less gameplan.  Philly rested starters plus had a covid outbreak to deal with as well. Dalass knew they had the advantage and gameplanned with hurry up offense to really push the dagger in deep on undermanned teams.  Credit to them for winning those games while scoring a ton of points. Realistically their offense could have stayed in and ran it up to 70 points if they chose to.  Atleast vs WFT, I didn't watch the Eagles game.

The playoff game was just a reality check against a team who was ready to play without having a ton of roster shuffle ahead of the game. I don't believe Jimmy G is going to outshine Rogers but he managed to outshine Dak. Both QBs threw very errant picks and the 49ers pressure on Dak for a majority of the game.  At the end of the day all of our division is watching the playoffs after the first round, again.

In other news Dak needs to revisit his comments encouraging fans to throw things at officials. He just can't say things like that, but I guess since McCarthy did it that it makes it okay. Players have been fined or worse for less.

**** Dak!  Fans throwing garbage at team, no good...Fans throwing garbage at refs is ok  all in the same breath  Dude played a **** game and cant man up to the fact that he and his team got beat  Hes a douche  

He owes the league and the refs a public apology and his fat faced coach does as well    **** the Cowboys!

Edited by willyt
added info

On 1/18/2022 at 2:07 PM, OMacAttack said:

I understand being happy with the blowout of both rivals. If that had been reversed us fans would be thrilled. The fact is that it was against our team which was on 4 days rest and had so many roster changes over the previous two weeks we could barely field a team much less gameplan.  Philly rested starters plus had a covid outbreak to deal with as well. Dalass knew they had the advantage and gameplanned with hurry up offense to really push the dagger in deep on undermanned teams.  Credit to them for winning those games while scoring a ton of points. Realistically their offense could have stayed in and ran it up to 70 points if they chose to.  Atleast vs WFT, I didn't watch the Eagles game.

The playoff game was just a reality check against a team who was ready to play without having a ton of roster shuffle ahead of the game. I don't believe Jimmy G is going to outshine Rogers but he managed to outshine Dak. Both QBs threw very errant picks and the 49ers pressure on Dak for a majority of the game.  At the end of the day all of our division is watching the playoffs after the first round, again.

In other news Dak needs to revisit his comments encouraging fans to throw things at officials. He just can't say things like that, but I guess since McCarthy did it that it makes it okay. Players have been fined or worse for less.

It is really hard for me to get too disappointed with Dallas, as I never have any expectations of them.  I realize every season that they are going to have a roughly 1 in 30 chance of winning the SuperBowl.  It is very possible that they will not win one again in my lifetime.  I try to distance myself from any expectation, and watch more as an observer.  So, looking at Vegas odds, Dallas was never in the top  3 or 4 teams as contender to win a championship during any point in the 2nd half of the year.  So, I thought they a 50-60% chance of winning their initial playoff game, but winning a few in a row was highly unlikely.

As for the season as a whole, it was very fun.  I judge that by how much I enjoyed watching them during the season, not what the final outcome of the season was.  Ironically, the last time Dallas won the Super Bowl (1995), I did not enjoy the season as the team tended to play down to their competition throughout that year.

I know the results of those blowouts were not an indication of Dallas being great, but they were enjoyable to see.  It is fun to watch them go 6-0 in the division.  Really fun watching the 1st round pick rack up sacks and make all-pro.  Watching Diggs come out of nowhere to get all those picks was cool.  The offense was very inconsistent, but ended up #1 in yards and scoring... that is fun no matter what.  So, I hope I do get to see Dallas win a Super Bowl again.  But, I can enjoy a good regular season, like this one, even if it doesn't result in a championship.

9 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Not one comment ANYWHERE on the falsies on that girl to his right. I hate that that's becoming such a trend.

Bro, that’s fashion to the younger generation. I have some 20+ year old women in the family….it’s common.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1

Let’s just remember that Dallas was a good enough team to win the division, but they were just that and that’s all.

1. Had the third place schedule (10 games against teams below .500)

2. Outside of the division, they beat 2

teams above .500 (Chargers and Pats)

3. Won 4 of their last 6 games against depleted teams below .500 (and even Philly held back last game)

4. 3 of their 4 losses were to teams above .500

Washington also won 2 times agains teams above .500

Dallas was a good team……but they were lucky due to the schedule they had.

Edited by ClaytoAli