Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Workout thread

Switchgear

Okay. New Years is now past us. I decided to do the resolution thing this year. Change things up and be more dedicated than I have been. Just got back from the second workout in a month. First one with the resolution in mind. Time for a new attitude, (or at least a different one), and some better self discipline.

I too have jumped back into the gym.

It's been two years since I hit the weights. About two weeks before Christmas the wife and had a day off together. She's a runner and is in good shape, me not so much.

We looked at a gym and joined. I've been going 5-6 days a week steady for a month. Feels good to be back into the swing of things.

Mon - Back

Tue - Arms

Wed - off

Thur - Chest

Fri - Legs

Sat - Shoulders

i usually only keep a workout for 4 or 8 weeks, then switch. gotta keep the muscles from getting used to the workouts.

been going with it since last feb with the exception of 3 weeks in dec when i had a sprained toe so i couldnt run, but i still went and just lifted for a week, then took time off when the gym was closed for the holidays since it messed up my schedule.

but what im doing now is

mondays

20 minutes running, then leg extension, leg press, calf raises, dumbbell military press, dumbbell shrugs, medicine ball crunches, hanging leg raises, then 10 minutes on the treadmill to cool down

wednesday

20 minutes running, then dumbbell press, dumbbell flies, alternating dumbbell curls, machine rows, lat pull downs, cable press downs, machine triceps dips, then 10 minute treadmill cooldown

fridays

20 minutes running, then lying leg curls, leg press, calf raises, upright dumbbell rows, reverse dumbbell flies, ab machine, oblique extension, 10 minutes on treadmill.

all the legs are a 25-20-15 progression on reps as the weights go up. the arms, back, shoulders, everything else is a 15-10-5. abs are 3 sets of 25 on everything except the hanging leg raises which are 2 sets of 20.

and thats what ive got for the next 6 weeks.

Been hitting it hard since returning from Iraq. Seeing decent results, especially in the way my clothes fit. I don't know if my waist is getting smaller or my upper body is getting bigger but my shirts don't cling to my love handles anymore. Haven't been doing anything too heavy since I'm working out by myself. Speaking of that.

Couple weeks ago I received some advice from the Controlled Labs Supp. rep about losing some weight while maintaining muscle. He suggested the TKD diet. Did some research and started it two weeks ago today. So far, 8 pounds in 14 days. It's basically an adkins type diet, or KETO, but you ingest carbs with your PWO protein to cause an insulin spike so your muscles can utilize the protein more efficiently for your muscles to help maintain mass. I'm probably explaining it wrong but you can google TKD diet and get tons of info on it. Also if you go to bodybuilding.com/forums/nutrition there's a Keto forum with a **** ton of information. I've also changed my workout to 14-16 reps per set and I'm doing cardio 5 days a week, when the kids, wife and Uncle Sam allow me to that is.

If anyone is looking for a new training routine, or just a different one I would suggest this one.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4713823

The Slingshot Training System has completely changed the way I work out and I think it pretty much covers every base that I need.

Even if you don't want to try a new program I would recommend to just take a peek since it is a pretty good read although a little long.

Couple weeks ago I received some advice from the Controlled Labs Supp. rep about losing some weight while maintaining muscle. He suggested the TKD diet. Did some research and started it two weeks ago today. So far, 8 pounds in 14 days. It's basically an adkins type diet, or KETO, but you ingest carbs with your PWO protein to cause an insulin spike so your muscles can utilize the protein more efficiently for your muscles to help maintain mass. I'm probably explaining it wrong but you can google TKD diet and get tons of info on it. Also if you go to bodybuilding.com/forums/nutrition there's a Keto forum with a **** ton of information. I've also changed my workout to 14-16 reps per set and I'm doing cardio 5 days a week, when the kids, wife and Uncle Sam allow me to that is.

Not to sidetrack this thread but Controlled Labs is some of the best supplements and most helpful people I've ever dealt with in lifting.

I've taken a variety of stuff over the years and their product has had the most positive effects of anything I've ever taken. And their reps are very helpful people.

ZoEd you took the Purple Wraath correct? I've been thinking about adding that to my supp. stack what was your opinion on it?

I'm glad to see this is still going, I hope it motivates more ES'rs to get off the couch.

I've been doing 30 minutes of cardio each evening for the last few weeks, I had to lay off the running due to injury but am getting ready to start training for the Marine Corps Marathon (again).

Tell that to the cartilage in my knees. :)

Hopefully, we'll have a fix for that someday. We're working on a product to regenerate cartilage by injecting gene-modified human cells. It works in animals and right now we're testing it in humans.

Not to sidetrack this thread but Controlled Labs is some of the best supplements and most helpful people I've ever dealt with in lifting.

I've taken a variety of stuff over the years and their product has had the most positive effects of anything I've ever taken. And their reps are very helpful people.

ZoEd you took the Purple Wraath correct? I've been thinking about adding that to my supp. stack what was your opinion on it?

You're right about the reps at CL, I sent an email and had an answer pretty quick. If you want to try the Purple Wraath send a rep an email and they'll send you some samples. pt@controlledlabs.com

I love Purple Wraath and loved the results I got from it. Keep in mind it's not an energy boosting supp like No Explod or anything but it does give you that added boost while working out and it helps you recover super quick. I just got a tub of their White Flood today and can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning. WF is comparable to No Explod and from what I hear it's even better. 1.34lb jug is $46 with shipping but it's 50 servings. Serving size is two scoops and I build up a tolerance pretty quick so I'll probably only get about 30 or so out of it. Then again the Purple Wraath lasted almost 40 days. Compare that to all the BSN stuff that only lasts about 20-25 days. I'll let you know how the WF works out for me.

You're right about the reps at CL, I sent an email and had an answer pretty quick. If you want to try the Purple Wraath send a rep an email and they'll send you some samples. pt@controlledlabs.com

I love Purple Wraath and loved the results I got from it. Keep in mind it's not an energy boosting supp like No Explod or anything but it does give you that added boost while working out and it helps you recover super quick. I just got a tub of their White Flood today and can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning. WF is comparable to No Explod and from what I hear it's even better. 1.34lb jug is $46 with shipping but it's 50 servings. Serving size is two scoops and I build up a tolerance pretty quick so I'll probably only get about 30 or so out of it. Then again the Purple Wraath lasted almost 40 days. Compare that to all the BSN stuff that only lasts about 20-25 days. I'll let you know how the WF works out for me.

Thanks I'm gonna e-mail the reps for a sample of Purple Wraath.

I'm using White Flood and Green Magnitude right now. You will not be disappointed with the White Flood. Gave me exceptional pumps, and really did help with keeping the focus all the way through a heavy session. I did notice that after a while I did build up a tolerance with it. But all in all its great stuff and doesn't taste to bad.

Archived