Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis on 980...anybody listening??

diego1115

Wow. I'm missing this.

I've said it before and I've said it again: If I ran the Skins' date=' it would be a provision in every contract that no player is allowed to appear on The John Thompson Show. The players are way way too comfortable in spilling their guts to "Coach."

I love Clinton, and I don't like Lloyd at all. But this kind of dirty laundry should not be aired in public as long as Lloyd is still on the team.[/quote']

only doc walker and smokin al koken today:silly:

Ship him out for what?? Telling it like it is??? If you rather sit back and listen to Gibbs keeping telling us nothing in press conferences then that's on you

Do you have a job? If so, do you often rip your boss to shreds in public when you think he's made errors? Do you think you'd keep your job?

Gibbs JUST came out yesterday and admitted he made mistakes. He admitted he was looking into making changes in the way he views the roster, the personnel decisions, the staff, etc... he said ALL of that himself.

Now, Clinton comes along and really trashes him over the airwaves. How anyone can defend CP now is beyond me.

Man, I've never been more furious with a Redskins player than I am right now. Clinton just showed his true colors, IMO-- a whiner, a finger-pointer, and he tossed a very good man (Gibbs) who just admitted his wrongs, and is also by the way, Clinton's BOSS under the bus.

Bush league from Portis. Total bush league.

After looking at the offensive stats I'd have to agree it is bush league.

13th total offense

18th passing offenses(new system, new QB)

4th rushing offense

There were other problems with this team(see defense) and he's just frustrated.

the problem is that Gibbs has repeatedly said he will re-evaluate some aspects of the team and there never seems to be any improvement.

this team commits the most penalties in the NFC this year and yet the talk out at the Park is about above all being a disciplined squad. what a joke.

the players that commit the penalties are almost never benched or sanctioned in any visible way.

meanwhile you see Andy Reid and Bill Parcells sit guys down when they don't produce or when they are irresponsible.

Portis is just telling it like it is. We all know this to be true. The problems do not begin with the players.

I am beginning to believe that the coaches are the main problem with this team.

Anybody with a brain knew that Brunell was done. Everybody with a brain knew that Holdman was the weakest link in the LB core. Everybody knew that we needed to go back to smash mouth football instead of trying to be fancy (i.e. reverses, trick plays). Yet it took these coaches weeks, WEEKS!!! into the season to discover what every football fan already knew. That is a joke. These men get paid MILLIONS of dollars to give this team the best chance to win and they did not do that.

In my opinion, if Portis has truly just drawn a line in the sand, I choose Portis and the players. Get rid of Lloyd, what has he done except run his mouth and drop passes. Saunders, Gibbs, Williams all need to be checked. They need to stop being so stubborn and look at what is right in front of their faces.

As of this moment, this franchise is a mess.

Do you have a job? If so, do you often rip your boss to shreds in public when you think he's made errors? Do you think you'd keep your job?

Gibbs JUST came out yesterday and admitted he made mistakes. He admitted he was looking into making changes in the way he views the roster, the personnel decisions, the staff, etc... he said ALL of that himself.

Now, Clinton comes along and really trashes him over the airwaves. How anyone can defend CP now is beyond me.

liek cp said, there are too many scared ****es on this football team, and are afriad to say something because they might lose their jobs. cp said people need to take a stand and not hide behind reporters.. the story with laCanofra and the secondary leak

Whether Portis is telling it like it is or not, he's just completely cut the legs out from under Gibbs - which can't be good.

Now, if Gibbs cuts Lloyd, the story is that Clinton Portis is the team's de facto GM.

If he keeps Lloyd, he has to answer 1 million "How are Portis and Lloyd getting along" questions next year.

Portis just painted Gibbs into one hell of a tight corner.

Methinks that Clinton wants to reunite with Kubiak.

Look, we just finished a terrible season. Gibbs looked sick about it. He admitted his wrongs. He vowed to make changes. He said he's sticking it out.

IMO, you just let 2006 die and move on....even though CP may have made some VALID points, it's still an unwise, insubordinate move that really changes my opinion about him.

And you know, he's been sitting on the sidelines for the last two months while the rest of the guys have been playing hard for Gibbs. He should have just kept his mouth shut. Terrible move by Portis. I sincerely hope he's not a Redskin next year.

Well, I'm glad he said it like it is but he's gotta keep quiet.

Oh my! I'm glad I was able to hear that. It really shows how things on the indside can affect what goes on on the field. I was a lil shocked how candid he was being, but I think these things needed to be said to show how flawed the thinking process in the organization. The players catch alot of flack, but much of the blame needs to be placed on the coaches.

If you missed it, they're going to run it again around 6:25.

'do you have a job'? :laugh:

come on KLEESE, what part of pro football reminds you of an 'ordinary' workplace? :)

no, on the job I don't call out my bosses in front of cameras or on the radio, but in turn I have to produce each and every day.

I can't take a powder for an entire season as Lloyd or Archuleta got to do and still collect a full paycheck :laugh:

So, no there is nothing 'normal' about the NFL vis a vis a 'regular' lifestyle.

If Gibbs asked for Portis' input on Santana Moss and Sean Taylor as I remember reading he had, then indirectly Gibbs gave Portis additional leeway (in his mind no doubt) to speak up and have a say.

I'll say it again. Joe Gibbs in 2007 is not the Joe Gibbs of 1987. Not even close.

What some of the underachievers and bloated porkers on this team have been allowed to get away with the past couple of years is just unimaginable.

The players that do seem to inspire and excel seem to do so IN SPITE OF rather than because of the surrounding environment.

I have to say though, I bet some of the people killing Portis for speaking up are the same people who were slamming the anonymous source in the Tom Friend article for refusing to give his name.

well said!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least he takes responsibility for what he says:applause:

Whether Portis is telling it like it is or not' date=' he's just completely cut the legs out from under Gibbs - which can't be good.

Now, if Gibbs cuts Lloyd, the story is that Clinton Portis is the team's de facto GM.

If he keeps Lloyd, he has to answer 1 million "How are Portis and Lloyd getting along" questions next year.

[i']Portis just painted Gibbs into one hell of a tight corner.[/i]

Methinks that Clinton wants to reunite with Kubiak.

Good!!!!!, someone needs to back Joe into a corner!!!.. Damn it man!! do we care about winning or about making money? Come on :mad:

Man, I used to like the John Thompson show a few years ago, but lately it seems like all they want to do is invite players on to ***** and whine and make it seem like nothing is their fault.....and Thompson doesn't ask them any tough questions and/or refuses to call them out on anything they say. He just gives them an avenue to point fingers and everyone but themselves.

Look, we just finished a terrible season. Gibbs looked sick about it. He admitted his wrongs. He vowed to make changes. He said he's sticking it out.

IMO, you just let 2006 die and move on....even though CP may have made some VALID points, it's still an unwise, insubordinate move that really changes my opinion about him.

And you know, he's been sitting on the sidelines for the last two months while the rest of the guys have been playing hard for Gibbs. He should have just kept his mouth shut. Terrible move by Portis. I sincerely hope he's not a Redskin next year.

with that philosophy, this is how you make the playoffs twice in 16 friggin seasons!! Someone needs to come out and tell the truth. Someone needs to be held accountable. Its not enough to say "oh jolly gee, we made mistakes and its all on me".. Ok fine, but what are you doing to get better, AT ALL COST. If you need a GM to make better decision.. than Darn it !!! Just do it!!. To hell with the talk and sweeping stuff under the rug. What has this solved?!?!

there are about 25 or 30 Redskins I would like to see leave before answering any questions about Portis' future with the club :laugh: :D

seriously, on a team with Brandon Lloyd, Warrick Holdman, Kenny Wright, Mark Brunell, Adam Archuleta, Todd Collins, etc...... you are going to tell me that Portis is the problem?

what is happening is that Portis has just had enough of the hypocrisy just as Pierce did before him.

for a professional player who wants to win a championship, it has to gall Portis to see the team jettison players that help win games and the team advance to the postseason and then bring in a mess of players from LOSING organizations who have decided these particular players are not needed................

Archived