Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis on 980...anybody listening??

diego1115

I have to say though, I bet some of the people killing Portis for speaking up are the same people who were slamming the anonymous source in the Tom Friend article for refusing to give his name.

Absolutely right. Just yesterday lots of them were saying the players should "man up" and speak publicly rather than hiding behind anonymity. Now they're crying because Portis actually has the balls to do it.

Shows what fools they are.

People are making this Gibbs v CP but I certainly didn't hear CP rip Gibbs at all.

He ripped Brandon Lloyd

He ripped the front office

He ripped Al Saunders

I guess since Gibbs is in charge of all this, it's an indirect attack on Gibbs but he certainly was still very respectful of Joe Gibbs as head coach.

there are about 25 or 30 Redskins I would like to see leave before answering any questions about Portis' future with the club :laugh: :D

seriously, on a team with Brandon Lloyd, Warrick Holdman, Kenny Wright, Mark Brunell, Adam Archuleta, Todd Collins, etc...... you are going to tell me that Portis is the problem?

what is happening is that Portis has just had enough of the hypocrisy just as Pierce did before him.

for a professional player who wants to win a championship, it has to gall Portis to see the team jettison players that help win games and the team advance to the postseason and then bring in a mess of players from LOSING organizations who have decided these particular players are not needed................

and you know what? i've had enough of this Bull **** as well!! to imagine that ticket sales go up 17% after one stinkin' playoff victory! And then you blow up the chemistry of the team for BIG NAMES... well why the big names? Because its about business!!! its not about winning, its about taking advantage of the loyalty of good sincere fans for the sake of $$$. You can't tell me that Snyder and Co. actually cares about winning right now.

If Portis was my employee, I wouldn't fire him.

It's time for Joe Gibbs to prove to you doubters how good he really is. What Portis did was to challenge Gibbs to straighten this mess out. Not because he doesn't like Gibbs, but because he wants to build a winning team.

Gibbs has fronted for the shortcoming of others and that approach has only allowed those malafactors to go around in anonymity with a feeling of invulnerability.

Instead of protecting baby Lloyd after his tantrum he should have come out publicly and said he wasn't going to have players on his team that don't play with discipline and do what the coaches ask of them.

When Lloyd said publicly that 'everyone should get over it' after he threw his helmet he should have been deactivated OFFICIALLY for the last 2-3 games.

The team should not have covered for him and said he was out 'sick'.

Time to start kicking some ass for a change.

Archived