Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis on 980...anybody listening??

diego1115

Well Clinton unloaded big time.

Some highlights

Al Saunders and CP don't talk to eachother.

Players talk to him but none have the guts to go talk to Gibbs and it's always left to him to go talk to Gibbs on behalf of the team.

He begged the Skins over and over to keep Ryan Clark and Antonio Pierce.

Wow, just wow

very VERY informative.....
yes I am. He is laying all out. You get to love this guy. He needs to be the leader of this team. No question. He speaks the truth. And he also is letting to me know that this team is not that bad and they can get back to forum. Dock asked him who is a CORE REDSKINS. Jame thrash, S. taylor, M. washington, Rock Cartright, S. moss, Randy Thomas, Cris cooley, Ladell Betts, . He also said that we let some core skins go. The names he mentioned are: Antonio peirce, Ryan clark, He said that ryan clark was a tru coe redskin. He said that Ryan clark would stay so late that he would leave and bring his son back and stay and watch game film. He question why they got AA.

If we trade Portis then I will lose the little bit of respect I do have for this team. This is a guy who stones lineman and linebackers in pass protection, runs downfield to block for his team mates and is the heart of this franchise. He speaks up because he loves his team. He's also a top 5 running back when healthy. If we had the same dedication to the run when he was healthy he would have made betts look like Skip Hicks. Theres a reason he had twice the touchdowns of Betts in an injury plagued season. If a punk ***** like Lloyd alienates a guy like Portis then he should be on the first plane out of Dulles.

I have a new found respect for Clinton Portis. For him to sit there and answer all those questions from DOC and Al was refreshing. I have been critical of Portis because I felt he had a bad attitude. But listening to him he just sounds frustated with the coaches and his teammates. Maybe this could be the start of some change. Stay up Clinton.

I'm sorry, but I don't respect what Clinton just did. He really threw Gibbs under the bus.

I'm sure he DID beg to keep those guys, but he simply shouldn't go public with it.

Portis basically ripped everything this organization does from top to bottom-- he made Gibbs and Saunders sound like blubbering fools. You know what-- he may very well be RIGHT, but once you go public with that kind of stuff, it basically becomes unrepairable.

What Portis has done is help create two sides: Are you with

1) Gibbs and Saunders

2) Portis and some of the players he talks about not having the guts to go public??

Clinton just drew a line in the sand.

Usually, in these situations, someone goes. I have my guess.......

Archived