Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Well, I'm sure I'll still know it's the Redskins on the field and with an improved product, I'll be ecstatic, regardless of what they're wearing.

I like the honor we show to our throwbacks.

Totally.

I spend a lot of time in the uniform thread, but during the actual season, I barely post in the uni thread. Once the season start, sure it's cool to see gold pants / throwbacks, but the game is all that matters.

I'd be cool with the "gold" (read: canary yellow) pants being a permanent feature of the uniforms if they got rid of those terrible red-white-red pinstripes down the sides in favor of two large stripes, one "burgundy" (read: cardinal/cranberry) and one white, which would match the stripes on the current jersey sleeves.

I also generally agree with Rodriggo: our current unis are bad@ss. I'm not a Washingtonian, nor do I hail from the "DMV." I was born and raised in Sin City. But when I saw the Redskins vs. the Broncos in Super Bowl XXII, with Washington sporting those cool Gibbs Era unis and whooping John Elway's derriere, I fell in love with the 'Skins. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I don't want the team to permanently go away from those unis. Ever.

While I would have liked an updated version of the 62-64 feather helmet uniform for our throwback, I am happy with the 80th anniversary uniforms.

In guess my favorite combinations are the burgundy jerseys and gold pants for our home games (same as last year) and Gibbs era white jerseys and burgundy pants for away games - with both unis having our Gibbs era helmets. Mix in the throwback uniforms for a couple of games and that works great for me.

Having said that, the most important thing is that we win. I loved the 75th anniversary uniforms when they were released and was so pumped for that Giants game. When we got destroyed that game I never wanted to see those uniforms again. 70th anniversary were great as well, but they remind me of the Spurrier years.

Hail!

I understand that the point of the brown helmets is to look like leather helmets, but it just comes off as gimmicky and stupid. I don't understand why the pants are not redskins gold though.

They are a THROWBACK to the Sammy Baugh era uniforms. That WAS the Redskins colors then. It would completely miss the point to use modern colors i.e. "gold" pants.

I do not like the gold pants at all on the 80th Anniversary Unis or the bright gold we have sported the past couple years.I prefer the white and burgundy pants/jersey combos including all burgundy and all white alternates. They are just fresh. The gold pants seem so dated and 70s I always hear "here comes the funk" in my head when I see them. Maybe they should put shag carpet in the locker rooms to match...

I do not like the gold pants at all on the 80th Anniversary Unis or the bright gold we have sported the past couple years.I prefer the white and burgundy pants/jersey combos including all burgundy and all white alternates. They are just fresh. The gold pants seem so dated and 70s I always hear "here comes the funk" in my head when I see them. Maybe they should put shag carpet in the locker rooms to match...

Interesting. If anything, I think the white pants look dated, and screams 80's. I also don't like the two stripe look of the white or burgundy pants, that looks very dated too. A single stripe, or triple would look a bit more classic and not dated to me.

Interesting. If anything, I think the white pants look dated, and screams 80's. I also don't like the two stripe look of the white or burgundy pants, that looks very dated too. A single stripe, or triple would look a bit more classic and not dated to me.

ditto ... very dated and more than a fan generation old

sure they wore the current uniforms when they won the super bowl ... but as far as holding onto traditions etc. ... they wore the current uniforms through about 20 years of primarily terrible performances and socially humiliating conduct that we've had to suffer through and been associated with. NY, Philly have both updated their uniforms in that time and even Dallas has tweaked their ever so basic and boring blues white and star set.

I say go new and cutting edge (and "really" use "burgundy" and "gold" as opposed to cardinal red and green bay yellow) ... or go back to the actual roots like the current 80th anniversary colors and style (with a non-leather helmet design) as the standard uniform

^^^

Agreed.

The Gold pants just look so natural, like they belong.

The whites look like practice pants.

Absolutely. Although I think the colors of the 70th should be used permanently. I'd love to see the current uniforms with those colors...can anyone photoshop that?

P_6.jpg

I am all for updating the uniform completely. I'd be excited to see Nike do some very nice things to modernize our uniform while also keeping a classic Redskins look (BC uniforms not the answer) I just think gold is better served as a trim color for us even if it is a primary color. I don't like the large portions of gold on our uniforms. Just not a fan of the color.

Then again, I liked the new Seattle uniforms too. I thought they were very "Seattle" but had a clean modern look. Way better than their last two styles.

Absolutely. Although I think the colors of the 70th should be used permanently. I'd love to see the current uniforms with those colors...can anyone photoshop that?

Absolutely great colors. Phenomenal actually. Patrick Ramsey..... not so much. But Damn do i wish that Chris Samuels was still our starting LT, preferably for the next 15 years would be nice.

ditto ... very dated and more than a fan generation old

sure they wore the current uniforms when they won the super bowl ... but as far as holding onto traditions etc. ... they wore the current uniforms through about 20 years of primarily terrible performances and socially humiliating conduct that we've had to suffer through and been associated with. NY, Philly have both updated their uniforms in that time and even Dallas has tweaked their ever so basic and boring blues white and star set.

I say go new and cutting edge (and "really" use "burgundy" and "gold" as opposed to cardinal red and green bay yellow) ... or go back to the actual roots like the current 80th anniversary colors and style (with a non-leather helmet design) as the standard uniform

I agree. It would be wise for the franchise to move on and get modern with the times.

Big fan of the color scheme for the 80th unis which looks more intimating/mean looking. Looks cool. Finally using real gold...not clown gold (yellow).

What modern unis do you guys like that don't look totally goofy is what I want to know?

I like our unis. I like tradition. I think it's weird that people go "Oh, well, we've been losing forever in these uniforms, time for a change", like it's been the unis that are problem, or that they represent losing somehow.

Most fan renders of "modern" unis I see look down right hideous. I like that we're one of the teams in the NFL that doesn't change a whole lot about their uniform.

I'd also like to know how many of you would snatch a crayon out of your child's hand when they use a yellow crayon to color something like a treasure chest full of coins that are supposed to be gold.

I really couldn't give a **** whether it's gold/yellow/maze/whatever. The fact is that they simply looked better than the boring ass white pants.

That is the most cringeworthy combination of uni's we have. At least white/white completed the look. It'll look better this year because of the multi-colored cleats though, but nevertheless, still cringeworthy.

God help us all...

Edited by Mr. Sinister