Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I feel like the team puts way too much emphasis on old school, tradition, etc. While it's fine, and I can dig our classic uni's, I feel like we've ONLY had old school uniforms as our alternate.

With RGIII bringing in a new era of Redskins football, I feel like we fans are owed a new look for an alternate, with a new attitude. It's just how I feel.

I prefer them to some of the other throwbacks uniforms other teams have worn. These look OK and you can see the link to the current uniforms which I personally like. I think continuity and keeping the link with your roots as a franchise through your uniform are good.

But then I'm getting (read got) old.

I think someone said two a while ago. Most likely the Panthers game and one other.

Thanks, HM21. I hope that we can wear the burgandy and gold / white and gold this year for all the other games. I'm a fan of those rather than the white and burgandy.

Guest Spearfeather

Love the jerseys .... don't really like the pants, they should match the color of the numbers.

I still can't exactly tell what color the helmets are. At first I thought they were a matte brown, but now they look like a dark gold.

Im curious how they decided on that slogan too.... why not just go with "hail to the redskins"? If ur honoring team tradition isnt it counter intuitive to use a brand new slogan that nobody really associates with the team? Not to mention snyder's tenure as an owner doesnt exactly conjure up alot of images of team first, high effort players ::cough:: haynesworth::cough::

Love the jerseys .... don't really like the pants, they should match the color of the numbers.

I still can't exactly tell what color the helmets are. At first I thought they were a matte brown, but now they look like a dark gold.

The helmets have been designed to look like the old leather helmets they wore back in the 30's. Apparently they even have a leather texture.

I think they did an amazing job with the 80th anniversary uniform. The old school Redskins logo and the leather style of the helmet were very well done. I'm not sure why anyone would complain. A fanbase that seems to appreciate the history of this franchise now complaining that the uniform either looks too plain or ugly doesn't make any sense, a major contradiction.

I understand what they are going for here, in the whole tribute to the past thing...but these may be the third ugliest uniforms in the NFL next to the eagles and bronco's throwbacks. I imagine the older crowd would generally dig these more. The jersey's aren't that bad, but those pants...mah gawd..