Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I think that it would be cool for us to go for the 1933 look for a game. Native American logo on the front, number(I'm assuming) on the back, mustard yellow pants(for the nostalgic feel), and solid burgundy helmet a few shades darker than the jersey. If we're going to go old school, go all in like a lot of other teams have done(Broncos, Packers, Steelers). I'd be entertained seeing it once. I might even buy a limited edition jersey in that style.

I got pretty much what I asked for. The logo couldn't go on the chest, obviously, so they moved it to the shoulders. I even like the darker helmets to simulate the leatherheads. I asked for retro, and I got retro.

I feel like the team puts way too much emphasis on old school' date=' tradition, etc. While it's fine, and I can dig our classic uni's, I feel like we've ONLY had old school uniforms as our alternate.

With RGIII bringing in a new era of Redskins football, I feel like we fans are owed a new look for an alternate, with a new attitude. It's just how I feel.[/quote']

The problem is that most unis look like garbage.

I'll take our classy, timeless uniforms anyday over what the Seahawks did to their uniform.

I mean...just tell, which looks better to you;

This;

Zorn_Jim_2.jpg

Steve-Largent.jpg

Or this...thing...

FullSeahawks2_original_original_original.jpg?1333487009

75516898d3a37163456a874e6ada8a54.jpg

The fact is, our current uniform, as is, is kind of timeless. It fits in every era. It's not like the Denver "orange crush" unis that looked ridiculous and then got updated to something better. There's no real reason to update them other than just for the sake of updating them, and there's really only one way to go with the Redskins uniforms, I find---really, really, ridiculously ****ing stupid looking.

Like what the Seahawks did.

Edited by NLC1054

After further review, the jerseys are growing on me, even the brown helmets aren't seeming so bad after I looked at the texture. The helmets definitely look alot better than the Packer's brown helmets. The pants should match the gold on the numbers, in my opinion. They definitely scream Boston College to me. I'll say it again, they could have done A LOT better job on these. Got pretty excited when Orakpo said we'd be going 'all-out' with these alternates, because it appears we got exactly the opposite.

Love the alternate, this is exactly what I had hoped for. :applause:

Glad they are using the old Boston Redskin Indian head and I also like the helmet....nice nod to the leather helmet.

Now I can order my Griffin jersey.

Edited by HogNose

The problem is that most unis look like garbage.

I'll take our classy, timeless uniforms anyday over what the Seahawks did to their uniform.

I mean...just tell, which looks better to you;

This;

Or this...thing...

The fact is, our current uniform, as is, is kind of timeless. It fits in every era. It's not like the Denver "orange crush" unis that looked ridiculous and then got updated to something better. There's no real reason to update them other than just for the sake of updating them, and there's really only one way to go with the Redskins uniforms, I find---really, really, ridiculously ****ing stupid looking.

Like what the Seahawks did.

Every football fan i know loves the new sea hawks unis. Their old ones are simplistic and rather boring. I guess that is my gripe with these commemorative ones, but meh, as long as we win.

Here's a phenomenal photo of the helmet, and I must say they didn't just make it look "somewhat" like leather, this thing is ultra detailed. Its actually so detailed that most people watching on TV will never really know, even in HD:

Redskins_Helmet.jpg

Honestly even if you are lukewarm about the uniform itself, you have to give props to the helmet work, nobody has ever done this before.

Edited by joeski27

I like that the pants don't match the numbers perfectly. I like that the helmets are brown and kinda throw things off. This is a tribute to a time when football was simply about hitting people in the mouth, and not worrying about looking cute. I'd love to play in those unis. I feel like the people who are complaining don't get the point that this is an 80th anniversary throwback. Those who wanted a different throwback style, we still have 85, 90, 95, 100, etc. I'm sure they won't stop here, and there are obviously still more retro styles to choose from in our history. Those who wanted something new for our alternate, you chose the wrong year to expect that. We should have been asking for that in year 76,77,78, and 79. The 80th year is a throwback year.

Every football fan i know loves the new sea hawks unis. Their old ones are simplistic and rather boring. I guess that is my gripe with these commemorative ones, but meh, as long as we win.

I've never heard one person compliment the Seahawks uniforms. From what I've heard, they're generally regarded as worst in the NFL.

Guest Spearfeather

Ahhhhh....I see, it actually has a leather pattern on it.

Interesting.

In the photo of them in the sunlight, it almost had a dark gold look.

Even our leather helmets back in the '30's were gold.......surprised they went with this.

Edited by Spearfeather

I've never heard one person compliment the Seahawks uniforms. From what I've heard, they're generally regarded as worst in the NFL.

With uniforms, the simpler, the better.

The uniforms shouldn't distract from the football. The Terps unveiled all these crazy new uniform combos, and then proceeded to go 2-11. Yay, you have colorful, eye catching unis, and your football team still completely blows. The Seahawks uniforms are ugly, and have been ugly, with their monochrome green blandness. The Bills monochrome unis also looked horrible; it was so refreshing to see the Bills return to a uniform that actually looked, like...normal.

I know 'Rak said we were going all out, and people read way too much into that (what else is he supposed to say? "It's bland and boring!"), but why would you want to mess with what we have now JUST to mess with it? We've got some of the best uniforms in the NFL just by virtue of the fact that they look SIMPLE.

And to be honest, as long as Redskins jerseys sell by the droves, all we're going to keep our old unis. Teams changing uni's or adding alternates nowadays is more of a marketing ploy than anything else.

With uniforms, the simpler, the better.

The uniforms shouldn't distract from the football. The Terps unveiled all these crazy new uniform combos, and then proceeded to go 2-11. Yay, you have colorful, eye catching unis, and your football team still completely blows. The Seahawks uniforms are ugly, and have been ugly, with their monochrome green blandness. The Bills monochrome unis also looked horrible; it was so refreshing to see the Bills return to a uniform that actually looked, like...normal.

I know 'Rak said we were going all out, and people read way too much into that (what else is he supposed to say? "It's bland and boring!"), but why would you want to mess with what we have now JUST to mess with it? We've got some of the best uniforms in the NFL just by virtue of the fact that they look SIMPLE.

And to be honest, as long as Redskins jerseys sell by the droves, all we're going to keep our old unis. Teams changing uni's or adding alternates nowadays is more of a marketing ploy than anything else.

I like simple. The Raiders and the Giants have two of the better uniforms in the league. I hate the Giants n'all, but their home uniforms are nice.

For the 80th, I was hoping for this:

johnny-unitas-017024254.jpg?w=500&h=359

---------- Post added May-10th-2012 at 07:51 PM ----------

Here is another pic of the "feather" uniform:

y.a.-tittle-080087581.jpg

Guest Spearfeather
OK, one more:

No doubt this is a throwback to 1937 (first year in DC, and first Championship). Love the history, and love that we are paying tribute this way.

Good picture. There's a subtle difference between the 1938 jerseys and the 1937's.

The new alternate's are more like the 37's

Here's a phenomenal photo of the helmet, and I must say they didn't just make it look "somewhat" like leather, this thing is ultra detailed.

Can't wait to get a mini helmet and add this to my collection. The leathery detail is impressive, they did a great job.

So glad they went with the '37 uniform, nice and classy. These uniforms will look good in a rainy muddy game.