Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Novak has a great leg

idk2

Novak is not the long term answer, he'll be gone at the end of the year if not before the end of the season, as he should be.

I wouldn't be so sure on that.

He doesn't require a fat contract like hall does. He's a cheap kicker that will develop over time.

This team goes through kickers like a baby goes through diapers.

I wouldn't be so sure on that.

He doesn't require a fat contract like hall does. He's a cheap kicker that will develop over time.

This team goes through kickers like a baby goes through diapers.

Kickers don't develop, you can either kick or you cant.

He is always going to be hit or miss. I was shocked when he wasn't released after missing 2 FGs, one very short, indoors vs Indy.

He will never be consistant enough to keep a job long term, appreciate the kick to beat the Boys but he will not be a long term Redskin.

I agree Novak has a great leg; he is doing the best he can to make the most out of this opportunity to be with the Redskins. In my opinion, I think Novak will get better in years to come as the field goal kicker for the Redskins, thus gaining more NFL experience. With hardwork and dedication, I hope Novak will someday be there along with the likes of great NFL Kickers, such as Matt Stover, John Carney, Nick Lowery, Mark Moseley, and Morten Andersen.

How can you make that assessment?

It certainly depends on how he does the rest of the season, but I think Coach likes him a lot. I think he's young, but he looks promising IMO.

HTTRR

What are you basing your opinion on? He hasn't been very good. What is he 50% on the year? And he's missed some really short FGs.

I won't pass judgement on Novak's future for now since he has only been with us for two games. I'm hoping he can be more consistant but for now he is a good fill in. Long term I wish we could get a John Carey or someone of similar status, but I doubt that'll happen.

I dont know much about kicking, but I do know that Hall wont be back here, or maybe anywhere next year. Novak is pretty unreliable right now. Hopefully, hell become more comfortable as the year goes on. Unfortuantely, the skins front office will most likely play the shop til you drop free agency game again in the offseason, and aquire some big name kicker who will be largely hit or miss.

hall sucks...i would have gotten rid of him prior to this season and gotten vinateri or vanderjagt

if a kicker misses games consistently for 2 years, you get rid of him, that's a simple answer...don't need injury prone kickers

CUT HALL NOW

No way would I have wanted Vanderjagt. That guy is severely overrated and is an *******. I dont think Vinatieri would've join us even if we tried. I was hoping we get Ryan Longwell.

Remember last year, against the Bucs I believe, when it was raining and it got towards the end of the game. Novak came out for a 58 yarder and made it but a penalty on the play killed it. So yeah he does have a leg. I thought he kicked real well for us last year.

Denver... at this point:

Second Quarter

1-10-DEN36(:02) (Field Goal formation)

PENALTY on WAS-M.Sellers, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at DEN 36 - No Play.

He made a 53 yarder, but the penalty pushed it back to a 58 yarder. Brunell threw an incomplete pass instead from Denvers 41 to end the half. Hall was kicking in the Tampa game.

He has an allright leg, but he makes me nervous when he kicks. That game winner against dallas was not the best kick in the world. It was VERY close to being blocked and it was also VERY close to missing the uprights. I'd rather have Matt Bryant. haha

Archived