Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

A 6 fight deal? Jeeeez. I'm assuming he signed that before the TRT decision. I don't see him fighting again after this fight

Neither do I, unless they match him with Vitor in some sketchy country like Belize. If they fight anywhere with a TRT ban, it would have to be a catchweight to allow for the 15 extra pounds of man boobs each guy will be carrying.

Here's a question: who's more likely to fill out their remaining contracts, Hendo with 6 or Anderson Silva with 8?

People sometimes judge wins & losses too harshly in MMA.  Especially when it comes to KO/TKO.  When you are dealing with two all time greats, very small things can determine the outcome and it doesn't make one fighter all of the sudden suck. It's frustrating dealing with casual/johnny come lately fans of the sport who act like only the last 2-3 years matter.

Shogun and Hendo are both all time greats, and neither of their fights against each other will change that.  They are also two guys well past their prime, going out there and laying it all on the line.

I've always looked at MMA fighters not necessarily by their record, but who they fought, the strength of their weight division when they were in their prime, and how they win fights. To me you can easily get a bloated record when the division is relatively weak.

• Like 1

Once again Shogun looked physically soft and out of shape. He was shredded for the Te Huna fight! What the heck happend? His knees are fragile, but are they really preventing him from keeping a super healthy diet and biking/swimming? Low impact cardio is some of the best cardio.

To go from what he looked like against Te Huna, to what he looked like last night, would take a lot of pizza and sitting on the couch. He had Dan super hurt twice early on, but seemingly didn't have any juice to follow up with ground and pound. Shogun's G&P used to be with Fedor's as the best on Earth. Even his striking looked a few notches weaker. I'd like to see him get in to super good shape and drop to 185, but for whatever reason, his fat fluctuates like crazy.

Neither do I, unless they match him with Vitor in some sketchy country like Belize.

My understanding was that the UFC policy was going to agree with the Nevada athletic commission so that no TRT would be allowed in UFC from here on out. Which is why I thought Vitor dropped out of his title match immediately. I'm not sure what the story with Henderson is.

I love Shogun and I would watch those two fight another 100 times but Henderson didn't look good to me at all last night. He's earned the right to fight as long as he is winning but I think most guys would've put him down during the couple times that shogun had a chance to do so. I think from here on out shogun has a better chance to compete with most people but unless he gets in incredible shape I don't think he's in the title picture anymore. Again though, he is so great that he should be allowed to fight as long as he is winning or putting on good fights. If he wants to be a gatekeeper then I think he should be able to do that.

Once again Shogun looked physically soft and out of shape. He was shredded for the Te Huna fight! What the heck happend? His knees are fragile, but are they really preventing him from keeping a super healthy diet and biking/swimming? Low impact cardio is some of the best cardio.

To go from what he looked like against Te Huna, to what he looked like last night, would take a lot of pizza and sitting on the couch. He had Dan super hurt twice early on, but seemingly didn't have any juice to follow up with ground and pound. Shogun's G&P used to be with Fedor's as the best on Earth. Even his striking looked a few notches weaker. I'd like to see him get in to super good shape and drop to 185, but for whatever reason, his fat fluctuates like crazy.

He was handling Hendo with relative ease. I thought his strikes were crisp and he didn't let Hendo out-wrestle him in the clinch.

I can't speak to his conditioning but I can certainly say conditioning had nothing to do with the outcome. Nobody would have survived that punch. It was simply pure H-Bomb and it broke his nose. Fight over.

He was handling Hendo with relative ease. I thought his strikes were crisp and he didn't let Hendo out-wrestle him in the clinch.

I can't speak to his conditioning but I can certainly say conditioning had nothing to do with the outcome. Nobody would have survived that punch. It was simply pure H-Bomb and it broke his nose. Fight over.

I think Shogun wins that fight if he was fuming from the ears. He mounted absolutely zero ground and pound, and lost any juice on those leg kicks by the end of RD 2. Breathing thru the mouth in RD 3, and on the defensive. I think sharp as a tack Shogun doesn't let that fight get out of RD 2. I'm still curious as to how he gained all that fat back in such a short amount of time.

My understanding was that the UFC policy was going to agree with the Nevada athletic commission so that no TRT would be allowed in UFC from here on out. Which is why I thought Vitor dropped out of his title match immediately. I'm not sure what the story with Henderson is.

Henderson got the last exemption for that fight because it was so close to the fight when they came down with the decision and they had already granted it to him. But you are right, there will be no more TRT in the UFC, even if they have a fight with no established athletic commission or testing procedures. Then the UFC takes over, essentially carrying over the guidelines from Nevada. So no matter where a card is, there will be no more TRT. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, because we all know that cheaters will try to find other ways. But it's a step in the right direction.

As fro Hendo, he has fought without it recently, so I don't think it is as huge of a deal for him as it would be for guys like Sonnen and Belfort. But I suppose time will tell.

Anyone catch TUF Nations last night? I enjoyed this season, and I'm really looking forward to Wand and Sonnen's season coming up. Check out the finish to this fight, and turn the speakers up a little. Happens at 10 minute mark, jaw broken in 3 places. Then check out this behind the scenes clip of Sonnen and Wand beefing it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpI_wNdIcP8

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll