Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

eh the lay n pray at the end soured that fight but you do what you gotta do.

Agreed.

I had Lawler winning that fight. I think the Hendricks takedown in round 5 w/ the lay & pray won it for him w/ the judges. Kind of lame but that's how it goes these days. 

Condit should've been fighting him for the title over Lawler anyway, so I was bitter with this main event from the beginning. Why have a ranking system if you don't use it? 

Watched the event with about 15 people, couldn't hear the commentators. Was happy with the results though, I thought Johny was going to get finished for a minute there. I even said "Oh my God, Robbie ****ing Lawler is champion." But Hendricks's beard is made out of marble.

Lombard looked good again, I think he can win the title. Would like to see him get the shot, but Nick Diaz has entered the fray, loud and proud.

He was all over the damn place the past couple days. Yelling **** to Hendricks, giving interviews and going on about a title shot. Had me laughing, dude is blatantly wolf ticketing. It's like he's mocking the UFC, while potentially getting what he wants when it's all said and done. You know Nick will have a field day with Johny in the media.

Two thoughts though:

1). Johny can probably easily lay on Nick for the majority of the fight.

2). The UFC will probably go full retard and give Rory the shot. Thus ending any hype I have for the next WW title fight.

Nick Diaz is on a 2 fight losing streak, **** the UFC if they give him a title shot.

I would give Lawler a rematch and let the rest of the division sort itself out. They had Rory's highlight package ready to go after the main event, he probably gets the next nod.

Man, I forgot he just beat Maia, yeah. I'd still put together Hendricks/Lombard, Woodley/MacDonald, Lawler/Diaz. That's based heavily on how good the matchups are. Rory Mac probably has a better case than Hector, it's close, a lot of variables. Lombard goes after it, Rory is teaching self defense out there. Lombards last opponent also beat Rory's last opponent. Lombard looked flat early in the UFC, but is looking awesome at WW. Rory is sketchy at times and will get wobbled pretty well fairly often. The streak Rory had was in the UFC though, that's a big factor. Look at Glover, finally getting his shot on a Travis Fulton streak.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Other then a rematch. I don't think there is a clear #1 contender yet and if UFC goes and gives it to Rory, then it just shows that they are trying to push their Canadian heir apparent to GSP, hoping they can build him up as a huge draw for when GSP leaves the sport soon.

Looks like Nick Diaz is just going the Chael Sonnen route in trying to talk his way into title fights or #1 contender fights. He is a draw so there is always potential for it to work, plus his fights are exciting even when he loses.

I think NIck matches well against Johnny, I'm not convinced he has the top control to hold Nick down. If Johnny fights Nick the same way he did Robbie, he is gonna have a bad night. I say give it to Woodley, he beat Condit. I don't think Rory deserves it yet. Lombard vs Hendricks would be exciting. I just want Nick to fight someone.

Man, I forgot he just beat Maia, yeah. I'd still put together Hendricks/Lombard, Woodley/MacDonald, Lawler/Diaz. 

Lawler/Diaz is a must hap. Settle the score after the freak punch back in the day. Nick does not deserve a title shot even though I think he would beat Hendricks by UD 9 times out of 10.

Freak punch, lol. Nick put on a classic display against Lawler. He was tagging him and talking a huge amount of ****. A lot more than normal, to be honest. It's kind of weird to me, too, because Robbie seems like a cool dude. Nick was extra bullyish and fearless in that fight.

That beautiful lead overhand right that Nick caught him with is a punch Robbie throws all the damn time, it's his best punch. To me, it's kinda like Cro Cop getting KOd by head kick or Chuck getting caught with an overhand right. Nick owned him, that was boss.

Nick beating Johny 9 out of 10 times? If Johny doesn't start using his wresting more, or his damn left hand with a Vengence more. He can make the adjustments necessary to beat Nick, but he can't stand there and box. His chin has been tested but his body would get roughed up.

Hendricks's cardio could be an issue against Nick, especially if he stands and bangs.  He won't out-volume Nick Diaz, and Diaz does have a pretty good chin.

I could easily see a scenario though where Hendricks rag dolls Nick for 2-3 rounds, builds that lead on the score cards that make rounds 4 & 5 futile anyway.

Nick Diaz got rag dolled by GSP for a few rounds, but once GSP hit 4 & 5 and got a bit tired, Diaz started stuffing his take downs and landing punches in bunches on his feet. It looked like a different fight.

Diaz isn't getting a title shot right off the bat anyway unless Dana think he has mouthed off enough to build the interest, which he could do.

Freak punch, lol. Nick put on a classic display against Lawler. He was tagging him and talking a huge amount of ****. A lot more than normal, to be honest. It's kind of weird to me, too, because Robbie seems like a cool dude. Nick was extra bullyish and fearless in that fight.

That beautiful lead overhand right that Nick caught him with is a punch Robbie throws all the damn time, it's his best punch. To me, it's kinda like Cro Cop getting KOd by head kick or Chuck getting caught with an overhand right. Nick owned him, that was boss.

Nick beating Johny 9 out of 10 times? If Johny doesn't start using his wresting more, or his damn left hand with a Vengence more. He can make the adjustments necessary to beat Nick, but he can't stand there and box. His chin has been tested but his body would get roughed up.

Yeah, that was a great Nick Diaz performance, and although I think Robbie Lawler is a better technical fighter today then he was before coming back to UFC, I still think it is a good matchup for Diaz.

"Freak punch" was definitely the wrong phrase to use. Nobody celebrated that punch more than I did.

Styles make fights and I just think Nick's style (while not good against many other UFC fighters, which is why he lost a lot of decisions in his first UFC run) would beat Hendricks a lot. 

I havn't seen anyone mention how bad Condit's injury is, or how long he'll be out.

The last I heard, Rogan said it "looked" like an ACL, right after it happened.

But then I saw Condit walked around somewhat normal, minutes after the fight.

But I also know you can walk after injuring either the ACL or MCL, can't remember which.

So, what happened ?

Was he basically just "shaken up", as they say in football ? :)

"Freak punch" was definitely the wrong phrase to use. Nobody celebrated that punch more than I did.

Styles make fights and I just think Nick's style (while not good against many other UFC fighters, which is why he lost a lot of decisions in his first UFC run) would beat Hendricks a lot.

Nick is one of my favorite fighters ever. If he and Hendricks fight, I will be so torn. Would be like when Fedor and Hendo fought. I love that Hendo got that win, hate that Fedor got that loss.

But! It's all part of the game, and those are the kind of fights I want to see. I think that fight would be insane. Hendricks is not as disciplined as GSP, he's more of a in your face type dude. If he doesn't lay and pray a lot, we'd have an incredible fight.

I went through some of Nick's classic fights. The most incredible thing about Nick is that he takes power shots upside his head all the time. He seemingly doesn't care. It's gotta be the perma-stoned brain. If Alistair Overeem had Nick's toughness, he'd be undefeated with 40 straight KOs.

Like the Lawler, Gomi and Daley fights. He gets walloped upside the head and doesn't give a ****. It could cost him, he's been finished once before, and Daley almost got him. Hendricks could blast him early in the fight, especially a Nick with cage rust. I just think if Hendricks puts it all together he can decision Diaz more often than not.

Like the Lawler, Gomi and Daley fights. He gets walloped upside the head and doesn't give a ****. It could cost him, he's been finished once before, and Daley almost got him. Hendricks could blast him early in the fight, especially a Nick with cage rust. I just think if Hendricks puts it all together he can decision Diaz more often than not.

When Daley dropped him I thought it was over. Just the way he immediately went limp and hit the mat... then he immediately jumped up and continued punishing Paul. Amazing. I couldn't believe it.

Yes, you got me thinking more about how Nick used to have trouble with really good wrestlers and Hendricks definitely fits that bill. Add his big power and I do believe you're right. I think I was focusing more on Nick's speed and stamina and judging Johnny by his last two performances which didn't showcase that power. It would be an awesome fight to see though.

I havn't seen anyone mention how bad Condit's injury is, or how long he'll be out.

The last I heard, Rogan said it "looked" like an ACL, right after it happened.

But then I saw Condit walked around somewhat normal, minutes after the fight.

But I also know you can walk after injuring either the ACL or MCL, can't remember which.

So, what happened ?

Was he basically just "shaken up", as they say in football ? :)

He got taken down and I think the combined weight of Woodley and himself on an awkwardly balanced knee just did the trick. He grimaced as the takedown was happening and after hitting the mat he rolled and started wincing. Then he got up and took a kick to the other leg which just sealed the deal as he turned away from it. It was done.

Edited by Chachie

Big John could've stopped the Diaz/Daley fight when Paul dropped Nick and cracked him with a punch when he was down. Little things like that have a huge impact on fighters' careers. Imagine that being a TKO loss to Daley, instead of one of Nick's most legendary wins. It's like Lawler/Manhoef. Imagine Robbie doesn't land that overhand right, he was done in the next minute of the fight with that leg as battered as it was. If Lawler took a TKO loss to Manhoef there, his career may be a very different story.

Those are two of my absolute favorite fights to watch. Never say die attitudes are awesome.

I've always been fascinated by the end of those fights. Nick looks like he eats an extremely hard right hook to the lips, but Daley is the one that falls. I still can't pinpoint where Nick catches him. Feel like Paul fell because of the body shot at the beginning of the exchange, and that he was dead tired. Nick hits him, but I think it was mostly from being overwhelmed.

Lawler, on the other hand, is just looking for one opportunity to land the overhand right, and he hesitates over and over again while getting kicked in the leg. Finally he uncorks it, and holy **** does Manhoef get KTFO. The follow up shot nearly kills him.

• Like 1

FS1 replayed the Hendo-Shogun fight the other night. Unreal. One of those fights that we wished had happened in Pride but didn't lose any excitement when it finally took place in the UFC. 

What a melee. Love those guys.

Yeah, such an awesome fight. I've really been out of the loop with UFC recently. I keep up with the results but havent watched a card in months (cant afford to order it and the last time I went to BWW there was literally no space left). Case in point, I knew this fight was coming up and I'm pumped for it but i had no idea it was weekend (and on a sunday?!)

But nonetheless, I'm excited. Love both fighters with Rua being my favorite ever. Hopefully both guys have a little bit left in the tank for one last awesome battle.

The fact that it's happening again makes me fear for their long term health. Hendo hasn't been the same since. This time, I can see Shogun ending it early. The stars have aligned for that to happen. That would be 4 losses in a row for my boy, possibly two in a row by KO. He had the best chin in MMA for years.

If this fight doesn't pan out, I at least expect him to be cut. He's a legend, and fighting top fighters, but 4 losses in a row at his age, and no more TRT? He's had a sketchy relationship with the UFC brass for a long time. Hit its peak when he went to Strikeforce. I think Shogun sends Hendo packing.

• Like 1

Big John could've stopped the Diaz/Daley fight when Paul dropped Nick and cracked him with a punch when he was down. Little things like that have a huge impact on fighters' careers. Imagine that being a TKO loss to Daley, instead of one of Nick's most legendary wins. It's like Lawler/Manhoef. Imagine Robbie doesn't land that overhand right, he was done in the next minute of the fight with that leg as battered as it was. If Lawler took a TKO loss to Manhoef there, his career may be a very different story.

Those are two of my absolute favorite fights to watch. Never say die attitudes are awesome.

I've always been fascinated by the end of those fights. Nick looks like he eats an extremely hard right hook to the lips, but Daley is the one that falls. I still can't pinpoint where Nick catches him. Feel like Paul fell because of the body shot at the beginning of the exchange, and that he was dead tired. Nick hits him, but I think it was mostly from being overwhelmed.

Lawler, on the other hand, is just looking for one opportunity to land the overhand right, and he hesitates over and over again while getting kicked in the leg. Finally he uncorks it, and holy **** does Manhoef get KTFO. The follow up shot nearly kills him.

Daley said in a interview, he was wobbly like two minutes into the fight. He also said Diaz was faster then he appeared, and it threw him off. I think Diaz rocked him and just didn't let him recover. Plus Daley was swinging and he missed a lot too, it probably tired him out. Diaz is the only fighter I've seen to fatigue GSP.

Rumor TJ Grant vs Mate Diaz.

Hendo via motha****in H-Bomb RD 1 fellas. Ain't betting money though, you kiddin me? Shogun via KO RD 1!

Without TRT, I think the H-Bomb may be downgraded to a bunker buster, but hell that's good enough. Just throw it please. Hate watching him hesitate all the time.

I always felt like once Hendo's chin was finally cracked, it would snowball. Shogun almost killed Te Huna, that striking looked as powerful as it has in years. ****.

Hendo just signed a 6 fight deal, wtf? I can see him getting one more chance after a 4 fight losing streak, but he better fight Patrick Cummins next.

Hendo via motha****in H-Bomb RD 1 fellas. Ain't betting money though, you kiddin me? Shogun via KO RD 1!

Without TRT, I think the H-Bomb may be downgraded to a bunker buster, but hell that's good enough. Just throw it please. Hate watching him hesitate all the time.

I always felt like once Hendo's chin was finally cracked, it would snowball. Shogun almost killed Te Huna, that striking looked as powerful as it has in years. ****.

Hendo just signed a 6 fight deal, wtf? I can see him getting one more chance after a 4 fight losing streak, but he better fight Patrick Cummins next.

Hendo is still on TRT for this fight, his exemption was valid before the ban came down.

I went to see Pat Barry's first kickboxing fight in 7 years here in Richmond last night. I think this was a tune up fight for when he joins Glory in May since it was under Glory Rules. He looked rusty and tentative in the first round but covered up well when his opponent blitzed him. In the second round he came out aggressive and it resulted in this.

http://instagram.com/p/l3uQwkJADo/

edit: I forgot to mention that Joe Silva was in attendance as well which was interesting.

Edited by Patrick86L