Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

The beating Browne took from Werdum hurts the UFC the most. Now Browne needs 3 big wins to get a title shot, and they are quickly running out of contenders after rushing the Cain JDS trilogy.

Who fights for the title after Werdum? Even if he wins & you give Cain an immediate rematch, HW is pretty barren at the top. Maybe sandwich JDS in there, but you only get 1 more fight out if that mix. They need a HW to distinguish themselves from the pack by the end of the year if not sooner.

Chael Sonnen? Nick Diaz? Hendo? Jones? Plenty to choose from.

Actually Jones vs. Cain would be the #1 fight I'd like to see at this point. Obviously won't happen. They'll get Stipe Miocic in there and then start handing out title shots for 1 win in a row, ala LHW. Browne won't need 3 wins in a row, a TKO in his next fight is enough if they are desperate.

I think I'm looking forward to Cerrone vs. Barboza more than any fight on tomorrow's card.

I like Barboza's striking a bit more than Cerrone, but his defense leaves a lot to be desired. I'm thinking Cerrone wins on account of Barboza being a little chinny. Expecting both fighters to have good moments though.

Spot on prediction. Wow.

I thought the cowboy was in for a long night.  I'm glad he landed that jab, he was on Barboza's back faster than a duck on a june bug.

Jones vs. Gus is free on demand. I scored it 48-47 Jones again. Gave him 2, 4 and 5.

I need to go watch it again. I had it 48-47 Gus, but I did remember thinking during the fifth round that Jones could very well be taking the fight by winning that round. I thought Gus won, but I was not upset with the decision. 

Yall giving Texiera more than a slight chance? He's a dark horse who actually made it to the castle walls. We've all been following the "guy that beat Sokodjou" since back in the time where that's basically all most of us knew him for. Sokodjou had just completely knocked Lil Nog and Arona the **** out, but Soko himself had a KO loss. Who was "Glover Texiera"? That random guy that knocked out hype-train Sokodjou is fighting for the UFC title in 4 days. Pretty neat.

Glover has an assload of ground to cover, pretty much has to say "screw it" every time he attacks. Hope he's been watching Hunt vs. Struve.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I think Bones fights him a lot like he fought Rampage. He'll use his length to keep the fight at range, and should work for clinch takedowns whenever Glover gets close enough to use his power. Glover's power is real so he always has a punchers chance, but I'm expecting an easy win for Jones.

It looks like a terrible stylistic matchup. Pocket puncher vs. Dhalism from Street Fighter 2. Jones is going to tap dance all over Glover's knees. His spinning kick to the body is amazing as well.

Jones lost the boxing match against Gus. He forgot about his spinning ****, then started uncorking it later in the fight. Also throws a great step-in elbow.

People love to hate Jones, but he has the most dynamic stadup techniques in the game. Threw an axe kick against Gus!

I know this is looking beyond this Saturday's fight, and assuming Jones wins.

But another thing to consider, is in Jones/Gus #1, Gus stunningly defended every single takedown attempt by Jones. and some of them were extremely narrow escapes.

If for whatever reason, Gus isn't able to continue his flawless Takedown Defense vs Jones, and Jones lands him on the mat even once, does that put Gus in severe danger, or at least change the whole makeup of the fight ?

I know this is looking beyond this Saturday's fight, and assuming Jones wins.

But another thing to consider, is in Jones/Gus #1, Gus stunningly defended every single takedown attempt by Jones. and some of them were extremely narrow escapes.

If for whatever reason, Gus isn't able to continue his flawless Takedown Defense vs Jones, and Jones lands him on the mat even once, does that put Gus in severe danger, or at least change the whole makeup of the fight ?

If Gus gets stuck on his back against Jones, yes, he'll get hurt badly. Depends on if he can escape or not. Jones isn't the best smotherer in the world, but everything he throws on the ground is with very bad intentions. Even the short elbows, and headbutts with the tip of the jaw to the ribs. He's trying to break bones. It's why I think he has one of the best nicknames.

Jon is pissed at Dana for lack of promotion it seems.