Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I don't dislike Jon Jones like so many people do. He seems like a good kid brought up by a very strong mother. Look at his friggen family, all beasts, all polite. I just don't get it, people seem to be hyper sensitive to him. To say he's fake is an insult to his mother, who I'm sure brought him up to be an upstanding, hardworking person. To me, Rashad is more of the prick. All he does is whine, complain and accuse. Sour grapes, carries that grudge with him every day. Maybe it's mostly hype, probably is, whatever.

I remember last fight Rashad didn't look to be in all that good of shape. It wasn't too noticeable, but he was much leaner against Tito than he was against Davis. Going by the weigh-ins, he looks like he's in fantastic shape again. He's the quickest fighter at LHW, and he's got KO pop in his legs and hands. His wrestling is especially stifling; if he can avoid Jones' lanky limbs from submitting the crap out of him, he can perhaps steal enough rounds with ground control to pull off the upset.

The X factor with Jones is always going to be unpredictability. He pulls off some crazy **** every fight, and I'm sure he's going to slam that spinning elbow in to someone's face one day, rendering them unconscious. Those front kicks to the face against Shogun were missing by mere millimeters, and he threw about 3 of them in the first round, if I'm not mistaken. His jiu jitsu is actually wicked, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he's the first to not only submit Rashad, but would he be the first to even attempt a submission on him?

I digress. Tonight I expect Rashad to be a surprise, I don't think it will end early, but after a few hard fought rounds going to either fighter - Jones will slam a front kick to Rashad's face, and the comparisons to Anderson will blossom 10-fold.

KO round 4 - Jones

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

The X factor with Jones is always going to be unpredictability. He pulls off some crazy **** every fight, and I'm sure he's going to slam that spinning elbow in to someone's face one day, rendering them unconscious.

He also tends to try one of those crazy moves in the opening minute of the first round. The flying knee against Shogun in the first round set the tone for the rest of the fight. Rua admitted as much later. Said he was foggy from that point on. I think he got Rampage with something heavy very early too but I can't remember what it was. It puts his opponents on their heels, takes a bit of their heart away, and makes it easier to use his reach. Game over.

Edited by Chachie

I don't dislike Jon Jones like so many people do. He seems like a good kid brought up by a very strong mother. Look at his friggen family, all beasts, all polite. I just don't get it, people seem to be hyper sensitive to him. To say he's fake is an insult to his mother, who I'm sure brought him up to be an upstanding, hardworking person. To me, Rashad is more of the prick. All he does is whine, complain and accuse. Sour grapes, carries that grudge with him every day. Maybe it's mostly hype, probably is, whatever.

I think people pick apart Jones on a personal level because they can't find much to criticize about his in cage performances.

I think people pick apart Jones on a personal level because they can't find much to criticize about his in cage performances.

I am probably guilty of that. I can't help it though. I just feel like the guy is a bit too smug. :whoknows:

Hey guys do the PPV fights start at 9pm or 10pm tonight, I forgot since it has been so long since the last event. I am always at the Green Turtle in Columbia, MD if anyone is in this area. There is usually a good crowd and free, nothing better than wings and a few beers watching the fights.

I also don't understand the Jones hate, seem like a level headed guy to me that just believes in his talent. I don't hate Rashad but he does seem to have a lot of sour grapes about Greg Jackson and Jones getting the shot at the title. What was Jones suppose to do, turn down a shot at him dream? I think the only chance Rashad has is an overhand right from maybe a fake take down attempt. Jones should pick him apart from the outside and Rashad doesn't seem to have a great chin, but as usually anything can happen and that is what makes these fights great.

I don't know how Evans can win because Jones has absolutely dismantled wrestlers and stikers alike. His reach is huge which makes the traditional guard a death trap as he can can hit full power from inside it. His hips are world clas so trying to fight inside gets fighter thrown to the ground in a hurry.

The best chance I see is to get top control and gas Jones. Fight a lay n' pray style for 2 or 3 rounds and gas the bigger fighter.

Hey guys do the PPV fights start at 9pm or 10pm tonight, I forgot since it has been so long since the last event. I am always at the Green Turtle in Columbia, MD if anyone is in this area. There is usually a good crowd and free, nothing better than wings and a few beers watching the fights.

I also don't understand the Jones hate, seem like a level headed guy to me that just believes in his talent. I don't hate Rashad but he does seem to have a lot of sour grapes about Greg Jackson and Jones getting the shot at the title. What was Jones suppose to do, turn down a shot at him dream? I think the only chance Rashad has is an overhand right from maybe a fake take down attempt. Jones should pick him apart from the outside and Rashad doesn't seem to have a great chin, but as usually anything can happen and that is what makes these fights great.

The ppv starts at 10pm(est), prelims are currently on FX.

I don't know how Evans can win because Jones has absolutely dismantled wrestlers and stikers alike. His reach is huge which makes the traditional guard a death trap as he can can hit full power from inside it. His hips are world clas so trying to fight inside gets fighter thrown to the ground in a hurry.

The best chance I see is to get top control and gas Jones. Fight a lay n' pray style for 2 or 3 rounds and gas the bigger fighter.

Fighting off his back is the last question Jones really has to answer. With his long legs & creativity, I'd be willing to bet he has a few tricks up his sleeve in case anyone ever put him on his back.

The size difference will be massive. It is very conceivable that 2 fights from now, Bones will be a HW & Rashad a MW.

Evans can't win. I'm going out w/ friends but I'll be back by the main event. Link it up, Patrick! ;)

We haven't seen Patrick since his boy failed that test, have we?

Patrick, all will be forgiven if you make with the links. Been in awhile. 1st row still the best bet? I hate that site...

Wonderboy clearly has holes in TD defense and has a basic understanding of the ground game, but he needs to refine his defense and add some offense too. And he needs to work on his endurance... his kicks were useless after a round and a half. I was rooting for him!

Just to throw my 2 cents in here: I love Bones. (full disclosure: i also love Koscheck). I originally thought that Bones was sort of given a free pass early and didnt earn his title shot, but at this point, i have a hard time holding that against him since, you know, he's beaten the **** out of everyone he's faced. I think it's going to be a good fight tonight but ultimately Bones will win convincingly. I know, not really going out on a limb with that. I dont really have much else to say.

KO in the 2nd

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Wonderboy clearly has holes in TD defense and has a basic understanding of the ground game, but he needs to refine his defense and add some offense too. And he needs to work on his endurance... his kicks were useless after a round and a half. I was rooting for him!

He's going to have be matched carefully, "stand & bang" guys only. Anyone with any knowledge of wrestling & jiu-jitsu will beat him everytime.

It would make alot of sense to send him to Strikeforce. They need WW's, and it would allow him room to grow his game.

Edited by StillUnknown

I am really rooting for Evans. Always liked him. But I think Bones walks right thru him early. This is going to be explosive (I hope). If Evans can nulify the first wave of attack and turn the fight into more of a slower paced fight/wrestling match, he can win this thing. All it takes is one Bones elbow to the skull to change everything though. I think Bones can even KO someone from the bottom with one of those nasty elbows.