Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Just saw this too, Lil Nog is out of his bout with Gustafsson, Thiago Silva is in:

http://www.studiomma.com/articles/scoop-nogueira-out-main-event-ufc-sweden-thiago-silva

Nogueira injured, replaced by Thiago Silva for April UFC event in Sweden

The UFC has just informed StudioMMA.com that Rogerio “Lil’ Nog” Nogueira has scratched from his heavyweight fight with Swedish phenom Alexander Gustafsson due to injury. Read more...

Believe it or not, Thiago Silva is replacing Nogueira in the light heavyweight main event! This comes as a bit of a surprise, as this will be Silva's first fight back from a lengthy suspension due to a failed drug test and an admitted use of a banned substance. Moreover, the winner of the bout may surge ahead in the line for title contention.

Silva was schedule for a rematch with Brandon Vera at UFC on Fuel 3 in Fairfax, VA. It was after their previous bout, in which Silva dominated Vera and smashed Vera's nose, that Silva failed his drug test.

UFC 146 should be called "Heavyweight"

Now we have:

JDS vs. Overeem

Mir vs. Velasquez

Big Country vs Bigfoot

in addition to a lot of other interesting bouts

http://uk.ufc.com/news/ufc-146-fight-card-updates

Two Heavyweight Bouts added to Dos Santos Vs. Reem Card

Besides the heavyweight headliner of Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem, two more battles between big guys will go down at UFC 146.

Verbal agreements are in for a number-one contender match between former UFC heavyweight champions Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez, confirmed UFC president Dana White today.

Plus, former Strikeforce heavyweight star Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva has verbally agreed to make his UFC debut against Roy "Big Country" Nelson. Silva logged wins over Andrei Arlovski, Mike Kyle and Fedor Emelianenko in Strikeforce and Nelson has wins over Brendan Schaub, Stefan Struve and Mirko Cro Cop and got Fight of the Night in his last fight against Fabricio Werdum.

Dos Santos-Overeem Set for MGM Grand May 26 updated March 6

The biggest heavyweight fight of 2012 will land at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 26th, as UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos defends his title for the first time in the main event of UFC 146 against former Strikeforce and K-1 champion Alistair Overeem. Ticket information will be announced soon.

That's a nice HL, Bendo is the man. He got tapped the other day in an AZ grappling tourney. He was competing in the brown belt open division, keep in mind this was a week and a half after winning the UFC LW Championship from Frankie Edgar:

Regardless of the outcome, the man is a competitor plain and simple.

TUF Live was pretty good last night, lots of finishes. I wish the guy that hurt his foot would've made it in though, he looked very slick on the ground.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 11:45 AM ----------

BTW Cro Cop vs Ray Sefo happens today at 1pm..

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/9/2857134/cro-cop-final-fight-preview-mirko-cro-cop-vs-ray-sefo-kickboxing-live-stream

Cro Cop Final Fight Preview: Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Ray Sefo This Saturday

This weekend's big fight is not in the UFC or even MMA - it's in kickboxing. Mirko Cro Cop returns to the kickboxing ring for the first time in 9 years as he faces fellow K-1 veteran Ray Sefo in the main event of "Cro Cop Final Fight." The show airs live from Croatia this Saturday at 1:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. PT and can be watched on DIRECTV, The Fight Network in Canada, Fight Now TV, or through an online live stream. Click here for all the details, and come back tomorrow to discuss the show live here on Bloody Elbow.

While Cro Cop vs. Sefo is clearly the focus, this is a nice overall card with some of the world's top kickboxing talents. Here, we'll preview the top 3 fights, starting with the main event.

MIRKO CRO COP FILIPOVIC vs. RAY SEFO

The big story here is of course Cro Cop's return. While most MMA fans know of his legendary past in K-1 and kickboxing, not everyone knows the details. Cro Cop started in K-1 back in 1996, but it was in 1999 that his legenda was born. In his 4th K-1 fight, Cro Cop landed his now infamous head kick KO on the unsuspecting Ricky Nickolson. From there, Cro Cop surged with stoppage wins over Mike Bernardo, Musashi, and Sam Greco. He made it to the 1999 Grand Prix finals, losing to the legend Ernesto Hoost.

For the next 2 years, this was the story of Cro Cop's K-1 career. He would get the big knockouts over lower to mid tier opposition, but could never beat men like Hoost and Andy Hug to take a top spot. Starting in late 2001, he began the transition to MMA. Interestingly, that's also arguably his period of greatest success in K-1.

From the start of 2002 to his kickboxing retirement in 2003, Cro Cop went undefeated with wins over reinging GP champ Mark Hunt, future champ Remy Bonjasky, and Bob Sapp, who at the time was essentially undefeated in kickboxing, and was seen as unstoppable. Cro Cop shattered Sapp's orbital bone with a punch, leaving the big man writhing on the canvas. Sapp's career has never recovered. And with that, Cro Cop walked away from the sport.

Now, after a highly successful Pride run, and a less successful UFC run, he's back, possibly to close out his career where it all began.

More in the full entry.

Live stream should be here:

http://www.fightnow.com/

I couldn't figure out the stream on the site above but there are a couple links on firstrow sports but you need sopcast to watch it.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/112462/1/watch-kickboxing-:-fight-zagreb.html

after this fight its the co-main event Daniel Ghita vs Sergei Lascenko then the main event Cro Cop vs Sefo.

edit: Cro Cop looked in great shape for the weigh-in.

0859007.48.jpg

If he doesn't get brutally knocked out by Sefo I would like to see him take a few more kickboxing fights in Croatia like this one.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 04:14 PM ----------

beautiful counter head kick KO by Ghita

Edited by Patrick86L

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27828/dana-white-says-quinton-rampage-jackson-will-fight-shogun-rua-then-leave-ufc.mma

Dana White says 'Rampage' Jackson will fight 'Shogun' Rua then leave UFC

uinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-10 MMA, 7-4 UFC) isn't out of the UFC just yet.

One day after the disgruntled former light-heavyweight champ asked the promotion to be released, he's instead expected to serve the final fight of his UFC contract in a meeting with fellow former champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (20-6 MMA, 4-4 UFC).

Yahoo! Sports initially reported the UFC's offer of Rua to Jackson, and the matchup was confirmed tonight during an episode of "UFC Tonight." The bout is targeted for the summer, though a specific date has yet to be announced.

According to "UFC Tonight," Jackson will be released from the UFC after he fights Rua. The pair fought seven years ago in the now-defunct PRIDE Fighting Championships. Rua won by first-round TKO, though Jackson later said he wasn't fit to fight and expressed desire for a rematch.

But until today, Jackson's very future with the UFC seemed to hang in the balance. A series of fiery Twitter messages saw him point the finger at the fight promotion over a number of grievances, and in an interview Monday with HDNet's Bas Rutten, he said he was done fighting inside the octagon.

"I don't want to fight for the UFC no more," he told Rutten. "I think the fans don't understand. They think that just because I make a lot of money, I should be happy – because I've got a nice house. I've always stated that I fight for money because it's my career, but I think a lot of fans are sheep, and they don't understand."

I'm not gonna go crapping on Rampage. Guy has been through perhaps the toughest gauntlet in MMA history. He might be obnoxious and bi polar but hell, I know plenty of people like that...and they haven't done anything cool like slam Ricardo Arona from the second story window. He's such a true fighter, that he remained an elite LHW for years with perhaps the most simplistic approach in MMA, "smash with fists or slam through floor." Like Tarzan or some ****.

Right now he's mentally drained, the guy has been on the warpath for years, he's done more than enough to earn his right to hang 'em up without shame. His frustrations with the UFC are his business, all I know is that Rampage is a ****ing legend.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

all I know is that Rampage is a ****ing legend.

This is still true. As much as he's declined, he is still an MMA legend. I got into MMA in the early days of Pride and some of my best memories are of Rampage ****ing people up and getting ****ed up by people in all-out wars. He's a HOFer for sure.

Also, Mark Hunt vs Stefan Struve has been added to UFC 146...the entire main card is made up of HWs now:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/391116/UFC-146-First-all-heavyweight-UFC-main-card/

UFC 146: First all heavyweight UFC main card

UFC president Dana White says a fight is "big, it's f------ huge" so often, he ought to consider trademarking the phrase.

But on May 26 at UFC 146 at the MGM Grand, it won't be hyperbole when White calls the card "f------ huge."

For the first time in UFC history, the main card will consist of five heavyweight bouts, putting about a 2,500 pounds of heavyweights into the cage in a three-hour span.

They have combined for a 162-51 record, and have 144 finishes among those 162 victories, 83 knockouts and 61 submissions. Of their 51 losses, they've been finished 35 times. That means that of their combined 213 fights, the bouts have been finished 179 times, or in 84 percent of the fights

Main Card

Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem (UFC Heavyweight title)

Cain Velasquez s. Frank Mir

Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva

Shane del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

Stefan Struve vs. Mark Hunt

Pretty badass card. They're going to have to reinforce the bottom of the ring to make sure it doesn't cave in before the main event.

If no one gets injured :fingersx: May is going to be a great month of fights between this and UFC on Fox 3...speaking of which, they should move Pat Barry/Lavar Johnson to the 146 card...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmaweekly-8fcb413448d249ed06382c9184e85546

Dana White: Silva vs. Sonnen 2 slated for soccer stadium in Rio, “This thing’s going to have over 80,000 people are going to be at this event down there.”

---

Demian Maia is moving down to Welterweight to face DHK at UFC 148.

Cruz vs Faber

Boetch vs Bisping

Maia vs Kim

Griffin vs. Ortiz

Franklin vs. Cung Le

Pretty interesting! Could get a guy retiring in the Ortiz/Griffin fight, perhaps both! Go Barbarian Boetch!

Sweet man thanks! It's so easy to say that Vitor is going to smash through Wand quickly, and yeah, it's probable :ols:

But lost in Wand's signature brutalizer style, is that he has always possessed a great gas tank. He has always been able to maintain a high pace, remaining spry late in fights. Vitor on the other hand is the opposite, we know this.

It's one of those things, if Wand can get past a certain mark, he might start shifting the momentum. In fact it's a pretty good bet considering how much of a long shot I anticipate Wand being. What's the line on this fight?

I'm still picking Vitor because Wand's chin seems to attract all the wrong knuckles these days. Might throw a small amount on Wand winning by late round finish or decision though.