Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

The outcome of that fight is predicated on whether or not Barnett can get Cormier down, which I don't think he can.

I don't expect it to be close at all. Cormier is a better wrestler and thats Barnetts only chance that little bit of weight advantage won't mean much. Cormier also has very good standout with outstanding speed for his size. I'd like to see Cormier fight JDS to be truthful.

I don't expect it to be close at all. Cormier is a better wrestler and thats Barnetts only chance that little bit of weight advantage won't mean much. Cormier also has very good standout with outstanding speed for his size. I'd like to see Cormier fight JDS to be truthful.

It will be close IMO. Cormier has better standup and wrestling but if Barnett gets him to the ground with a sweep or a trip, it's submission city.

It will be close IMO. Cormier has better standup and wrestling but if Barnett gets him to the ground with a sweep or a trip, it's submission city.

Agreed, Barnett has underrated striking and some strong spinning kicks that he throws quite often, he could create a grappling situation by setting it up with his strikes. If he just wants to shoot on Cormier, he won't win, he uses all his tools, I see him eventually latching on and progressing to a slick submission.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Are you guys watching Ultimate Insider? I'm really liking it. Last time I caught they had Cruz and Faber watching their last fight together with Anik interviewing them at the same time. Great stuff. This week Rashad and Jones are interviewed by Anik and they get after each other big time.

Nick Diaz vs Braulio Estima in a no gi Bjj super fight. I'm high on the Diaz bandwagon but damn. **** it Diaz by gogoplata.

Here's a link http://bjpenn.com/touch/single.php?p=18943&t=diaz-faces-braulio-estima-in-bjj-superfight-18943

Braulio is a jiu-jitsu super freak. He resides in that top bracket of jiu-jitsu players.

If Braulio is serious about it, Nick gets tooled easily.

Looking forward to seeing the match though.

Edited by StillUnknown

After watching the Jon Jones/Mike O'Brien fight and the Machida fight again, I'm pretty sure the Jon Jones guillotine/standing head choke is one of the most, if not THE most, dangerous weapons in MMA right now. Rashad is gonna get choked, I'm betting on it.

Also:

http://ironforgesiron.com/2012/04/video-ultimate-insider-jones-vs-evans-counterpunch-gsp-tri-star/

Ultimate Insider, video of Jones and Evans (with Jon Anik in the middle looking like a hobbit), and they just go at it. There are some gems in here.

Edited by styx491

IMO Nick is the attraction while Braulio is the talent. I don't see Nick with a chance in that match at all.

Yeah, if this were MMA it would be a different story but Braulio is going to steamroll him in a BJJ bout.

After watching the Jon Jones/Mike O'Brien fight and the Machida fight again, I'm pretty sure the Jon Jones guillotine/standing head choke is one of the most, if not THE most, dangerous weapons in MMA right now. Rashad is gonna get choked, I'm betting on it.

Also:

http://ironforgesiron.com/2012/04/video-ultimate-insider-jones-vs-evans-counterpunch-gsp-tri-star/

Ultimate Insider, video of Jones and Evans (with Jon Anik in the middle looking like a hobbit), and they just go at it. There are some gems in here.

Jon Jones' arms are so long that his standing guillotine is going to be money on just about anyone. I could definitely see him hitting it on Rashad while Rashad is trying to press him into the cage.

UFC on Fuel 2 is at 3pm (est), Facebook Prelims begin at 12:30pm (est)

Alexander Gustaffson vs. Thiago Silva is the main event.

3pm wow, good looking out. Forgot this one is in SVEEDEN.

I'll predict that the finish is brutal, whoever wins. I'll go with Gustaffson by methodical face brutalization - hands, knees and kicks all land in succession in the 2nd rd. If Gustaffson wins this in good fashion he'll perhaps be a win away from a title shot.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Gustaf looked pretty good last night. I'm not on the bandwagon yet though. If he fought Shogun, I'd take Shogun. Machida, I'd take Machida. People rushing to throw him in the title picture is premature. I'd give him Bader, Lil' Nog or Forrest if Forrest beats Tito.

Gustaf looked pretty good last night. I'm not on the bandwagon yet though. If he fought Shogun, I'd take Shogun. Machida, I'd take Machida. People rushing to throw him in the title picture is premature. I'd give him Bader, Lil' Nog or Forrest if Forrest beats Tito.

He was suppose to fight Lil' Nog until he got hurt, and while I agree that he is not top tier yet, the guys you listed are not really that big of a step up from Thiago Silva. I would like to see him fight Phil Davis, Shogun, Machida or the loser of Rashad v.Jones (would love to see Jones lose just to set up a fight with Alex) to see if he can tread water with those guys or is a notch below and will become the 205 gatekeeper for the next few years. He would kill Forrest, and I think he could handle Bader pretty easily.

With all that being said, I think Bader is the most logical choice for his next fight, with two wins after the Tito loss, the top contenders won't want to fight him (Hendo, Rua, Machida, Rashad) unless they are coming off a loss. I also want to see Jones and Alex move up to heavyweight. I don't want these guys to add on 60lbs of muscle, but I really want to see a HW fight between a good 240lb striker (like dos Santos) vs. a tall guy who cuts to get to 205lb but fights at their natural weight of 220-230lbs, just to see if power or speed wins out.

Yeah the commentators were comparing him to Bones the other night. That's just silly. The kid is looking good but he's still green.

Throwing Gustaf in with Jon Jones would probably be a disservice to Gustaf at this point, but the problem is if Bones beats Evans, who is left and more deserving? Bones has wiped out most every legitimate contender and "name" in the LHW division.

Guys like Rampage & Shogun just aren't the same fighters they used to be in the mid 2000's.

Machida could possibly work his way back up to a title shot, in fact he did win the 1st round of the Bones fight pretty convincingly, but that elbow destroyed his chances in the 2nd round and got Machida apprehensive. Iv'e noticed that Machida gets very tentative once you put gloves on him. He is so used to avoiding contact that once you actually land on him it seems to change him for the rest of the fight, which usually ends up being short.

Bones is pretty big for 205 anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a HW in the next 12 months.

Hendo is a good choice for his punch but honestly he's better-matched up against Silva again. Bones is making quick and easy work of legends. These are men we looked upon as pillars of the sport. Rampage? Shogun? The Dragon? Are you kidding me? He walked over these guys like they were nothing. I don't think there's a LHW fighting right now that will beat Bones. Rashad Evans is really really really good but he's not above the likes of the guys that Bones has already demolished without even breathing hard.

It's going to take a guy like Anderson Silva to give Jon Jones any trouble at all.

(BTW, I'm rooting for Rashad Evans for the first time ever.)