Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

(BTW, I'm rooting for Rashad Evans for the first time ever.)

Im gonna be cheering for rashad for pretty much the first time ever this weekend.

Anyways, I'm rooting for rashad.

The Jon "Bones" Jones Fan Club. :)

No matter what this guy does to act like a "good guy," it always comes out smug. I suppose he's earned it though.

The Jon "Bones" Jones Fan Club. :)

No matter what this guy does to act like a "good guy," it always comes out smug. I suppose he's earned it though.

Count me as another rooting for Rashad for the first time ever. It's not that I don't like the guy, I just always seemed to like his opponents more, lol.

I cannot root for Jon Jones, the guy is too full of himself and such a phony. I hate when PR gets in front of a guy and coaches him what to say, like they have with Jones, I would have much more respect for the man if he jsut acted like the ****y egomanic like he is instead of trying to come across all humble and respectful. he tweeted after the Sweden card that Stann made a classy move by not hitting a KO'd fighter, but if he truely felt that way and did not have some PR slut tell him that send out that tweet would be a good idea ( or probably sent the tweet out for him), then he probably wouldn't have let Machida drop to the ground like a wet sack of hammers with AIDS as he did. He dropped the Dragon and got out of there quickly to bask in his own glory, and only went to check on him after Jackson & his corner told him too.

Just be who you are Bones, even if that means being a major prick, at least I would respect you for staying true to yourself instead of doing what the UFC's PR team tells you to do.

I'm picking Rashad by gogplata in the 3rd round

I'll also pick Rory McDonald over Che Mills, 2nd round gogplata and Hominick by gogoplata in the 3rd, the rest of the fights I really don't care about, I'm just waiting for the Miller Diaz on Fox fight, as that card is freakin stacked.

I think Bones is a just a corny dude who's not at all comfortable talking in front of a camera. That said, he's a complete savage in the cage and that trumps just about all in my book.

Outside of the lucky killshot, I don't really see a path to victory for Rashad.

I think Bones beats him wherever the fight takes place. He'll rock Rashad standing, and finish it with ground n pound most likely.

I think Bones is a just a corny dude who's not at all comfortable talking in front of a camera. That said, he's a complete savage in the cage and that trumps just about all in my book.

Outside of the lucky killshot, I don't really see a path to victory for Rashad.

I think Bones beats him wherever the fight takes place. He'll rock Rashad standing, and finish it with ground n pound most likely.

Agreed as much as I hate jones, He has a GSP like dominance at his division. No one is going to touch him until he decides to move up to heavyweight.

Agreed as much as I hate jones, He has a GSP like dominance at his division. No one is going to touch him until he decides to move up to heavyweight.

He is so far ahead of the pack it's insane. Rashad must be terrified right now. Seriously, he can talk all the BS he wants but he already knows he lost this fight.

Looks like Silva Sonnen II in Brazil was too good to be true after all:

Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen rematch reportedly moved to UFC 148

http://www.fighters.com/04/20/anderson-silva-chael-sonnen-rematch-reportedly-moved-to-ufc-148

This would suck IMO. Dana & the UFC look like complete amateurs when it comes to event setting ever since they got the Fox TV deal. They screwed up the Montreal card, which is why there was the 6 week layoff and why there is so many Canadians fighting in 145, and now this? Maggie Hendricks at Yahoo pointed out (and Dana's gotta love her for doing it, lol) that these mistakes are something not even a noob to event promotion would mess up, like finding out what else in going on in an area at the same time (a UN conference should be a big red flag), checking hotel vacancies and not to mention they already screwed up the first venue for this fight.

Once the Fox deal was signed, it is almost as if the UFC treats big PPV events as a second thought. Some people on hear, including me have already pointed out that the free Fox cards are some of the best cards of the year, I would gladdy pay $60 to see the Diaz Miller card, but am finding it hard to find people who want to shell out for 145. Even with the title fight and 2 Canadian fan favourites in Rory McD & Hominick, that's not enough to get hardcore Canadian fans excited to buy. I will watch somewhere, don't know where yet but it is looking more and more likey that it will be in a bar rather than at someone's house.

Edited by artmonkforHOF
watch at bar

What about Michael Chandler? He did stop Alvarez and looked good doing it to win the belt.

He's obviously good too, I remember Alvarez was working him a lot in that fight before getting submitted, one of the best fights of last year IMO, would love to see a rematch.

Eddie jumping over the cage to kiss his wife was adorable. He has a lot of power for 155. Those body punches sounded like they did more damage than it appeared.

Rogers/Spang, holy ****! Great fight.

Edited by styx491

So I changed my mind about getting tonight's PPV. They are simply too expensive to buy them all and I just don't think Rashad has a chance. The rest of the card doesn't help matters much.

This ensures that the rest of you will see a power-packed broadcast, topped off with a fabulous come-from-behind, darce choke-out victory by Evans. :)

If Evans chokes out Jones, that would be pretty legendary.

---------- Post added April-21st-2012 at 11:36 AM ----------

Dana White just tweeted: Taking off to Atlanta!!!! May 26 th is now Mir vs JDS for the HW title in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.

Ugh. I really wanted to see Reem/JDS, but I guess this is alright... JDS will beat him up with the outside chance that Mir can take it to the ground and sub him

Edited by styx491