Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I was rooting for Bisping. I'm tired of Silva's game. He's still so insanely dangerous but the jazz hands and the clowning are really annoying.

Silva fought a silly fight... again. Also- Bisping had the dumbest moment of the day when he decided to freak out about his mouthpiece. You don't give Anderson Silva a moment like that when you are way ahead on points. I got the impression that Bisping even tried to wave the fight off while Herb Dean was telling him the round was over but the fight was not. That knee broke his nose and in the moment, he didn't want any more. 

Conor "Money" Mcgregor. Talks about money more than Floyd does. Was getting Diaz with all that "I felt sorry for your broke ass, you're rich now" talk. But Nate was making Conor laugh a lot in that presser.

Knew it beforehand, and not to be Captain Obvious, but damn Nate is taller. That staredown was crazy to look at. Conor is always the bigger guy, and he still has Nate with the muscle mass, but Nate was looking down on the dude. Keep him on the outside Nate. Easier said than done.

I think Nate will take a beating if they stand. Get him down and get him out!

Ahh don't take Nates boxing lightly. He's got hands.

Oh I agree! In fact, I'm rooting for Nate even though I know he's on the back 9 of his career. I love an underdog who takes a fight on 10 days' notice.

I just think Conor's striking is better. What Conor can do with one strike, Nate needs at least 5 to match. You won't see Nate Diaz getting any one-shot KOs.

Both guys should try to stick to their advantages. Diaz better darn-well know that his is on the mat.

• Like 1

Problem is the Diazes have no takedowns and are addicted to boxing. Conor is a standup fighter but he actually dictates where the fight takes place here. I've never seen people so talented on the ground, so disinterested on getting it there.

It's Conor's power and skill vs. Nate's savvy hands. If my man hits a groove he will bust Conor up and McGregor will be swinging at air while Nate laughs. I think Nate needs to be careful early on, not make it a slugfest, drag it out and make it a longer fight. Conor is a mother****er, he's got the H-bomb, and some very good defensive/countering skills. I see Nate getting caught.

Rooting for him though, and can see an avenue for him to win this.

• Like 1

Herb Dean explains why he didn’t stop the fight after Anderson Silva’s flying knee

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/29/11135408/herb-dean-explains-why-he-didn-t-stop-the-fight-after-anderson-silva

"Well, [silva] hit him with the knee and dropped him, and then he walked off and started to celebrate," he said. "He had been dropped, but you know, in MMA we don’t stop the match just because someone gets dropped. I saw that when he fell he was not unconscious......"

7f7hmy8.gif

Another topic....Sorry if most guys have already seen this, I wasn't sure.

I just saw it, and found it interesting and amusing.

A young Khabib Numagomedov wrestling with a bear (juvenile bear)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Problem is the Diazes have no takedowns and are addicted to boxing. Conor is a standup fighter but he actually dictates where the fight takes place here. I've never seen people so talented on the ground, so disinterested on getting it there.

It's Conor's power and skill vs. Nate's savvy hands. If my man hits a groove he will bust Conor up and McGregor will be swinging at air while Nate laughs. I think Nate needs to be careful early on, not make it a slugfest, drag it out and make it a longer fight. Conor is a mother****er, he's got the H-bomb, and some very good defensive/countering skills. I see Nate getting caught.

Rooting for him though, and can see an avenue for him to win this.

them Diaz boys also don't believe in checking leg kicks, could easily see Conor chopping Diaz down that way

Both the Diaz Bros are very, very good. I mean VERY good... but neither is great because their heads are not screwed on tight.

They're both obnoxious assholes and I don't like either one, but that's what they're trained to be: full of machismo and bravado (and possibly steroids).  Is it wrong for me to root for the fight to end like this:

Edited by China

I always root for the Diaz brothers. Sure they are out in left field most of the time, but I love their style and toughness. Makes for great fights more often than not. Classic characters of the sport too.

Conor I've grown to like as well, but I fear he's overextending his boundaries and the train is bound to crash and burn. If he succeeds in taking 3 titles, which isn't too far out of reach for him, it'd be absolutely insane. I'd be shocked if he beat Robbie though. Dude can take it and give it like a rabid pit bull.

If he succeeds in taking 3 titles, which isn't too far out of reach for him, it'd be absolutely insane. I'd be shocked if he beat Robbie though. Dude can take it and give it like a rabid pit bull.

I'd actually prefer to see Conor move DOWN in weight class, rather than up.

For me, the ultimate fight would be McG vs Cruz.

It would be Mr Accuracy vs Mr Elusive.

The ultimate strength vs strength, and maybe the toughest opponent for either fighter.

This is not true at all. 

See about 2:00 in.

This is my dream ending for the fight tonight!! Diaz locks in the triangle and give Conner the 2 fingers while talking trash to him!  I would love to see Conner have to choose between going to sleep and tapping to Diaz. I think a tap out would be better than a KO, Diaz would be talking mad smack about making him quit in the cage. Bring some Ninja **** tonight Nate!

This is my dream ending for the fight tonight!! Diaz locks in the triangle and give Conner the 2 fingers while talking trash to him!  I would love to see Conner have to choose between going to sleep and tapping to Diaz. I think a tap out would be better than a KO, Diaz would be talking mad smack about making him quit in the cage. Bring some Ninja **** tonight Nate!

That's very unlikely to happen that way, because the strength of Diaz' jiu-jitsu is off his back. And that's how he gets all, or most, of his submissions. But even if it does go to the ground (which of course, would only be by Diaz' choice) Conor simply is not going to mount Diaz, and put him on his back. If Conor gets taken down, he's just going to try to escape (which he did pretty well actually against Mendes) and stand back up. Conor will not choose to flip over and take top position against Diaz, and give him that advantage.

So, due to the above factors, the only realistically useful advantages Diaz has over McG IMO, is his reach, height, and his "Diego Sanchez-Like" relentless toughness/durability.

But I still see Conor KOing him. It will just take a little longer than his other foes. I'll predict a 3rd round KO. Conor will simply use his footwork/movement to his advantage, to cancel out any and all of Diaz' advantages.

And speaking of Sanchez, he happens to be on the early prelim tonite.

So the card could end up with 2 notoriously bloodied, battered faces at both the beginning and ending of the card - Sanchez and Diaz.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Like I said that is my dream finish for Diaz. But Conor showed only an average at best ground game against Mendes. Mendes took him down at will and was winning the first 2 rounds. Conor only got up when Mendes went for the choke, bad move by Mendes because he was winning and doing damage on top. Diaz will own Conor on the ground if it goes there, but that is the big question. I am not even sure Diaz wants to go to the ground, he might just want to go toe to toe and see what happens. I respect Conor's striking but so far I have seen nothing on the ground from him at all that is impressive. Conor is seriously huge for 145, he is a natural 155 easy for the UFC, but I want to see his power against legit 155lb and 170lb guys.

Gonna go with Holm via Doctor Stoppage in the 3rd, and Conor via TKO in the 1st.

Like I said, I think Diaz needs to keep the distance, use his length, extend the fight enough for Conor to wear down. That might only be a round and a half or so if he's landing a lot and Conor can't find the bomb. I can see a slugfest here, with bloody faces too. I think that benefits Nate.

In the end, I think Conor's power is too great an equalizer early on, and Nate is a little flatfooted/doesn't have great movement. His offense is his best defense. He'll take one to give three, which I don't think is a good idea here.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll