Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

If Jones gets caught by Rumble the way he got caught by Machida and Gus, he's going to sleep. Rumble will hold the belt soon.

Jones has a damn good chin. It will be interesting to see what happens if Rumble does connect. Rumble connected on Cormier and still got choked out. His power is survivable, but it takes something extra. Jones gets the benefit of the doubt from me until I see different

I've been thinking for a while now that Rothwell is criminally underrated. His technique especially. He's an oaf, and I think people tend to judge him based on that. He's also had to make strides in the technical department, but he been looking very comfortable in the cage for quite a bit now.

I'm still blown away by him submitting Barnett. You could make an argument that Barnett is 2nd, behind Werdum, for HW grapplers. 

Jones has a damn good chin. It will be interesting to see what happens if Rumble does connect. Rumble connected on Cormier and still got choked out. His power is survivable, but it takes something extra. Jones gets the benefit of the doubt from me until I see different

I'm still blown away by him submitting Barnett. You could make an argument that Barnett is 2nd, behind Werdum, for HW grapplers.

Think he's up there with Mir?

Barnett is old and isn't the same fighter when he's not taking roids.

Barnett is old and isn't the same fighter when he's not taking roids.

I don't think it had much to do with a lack roids, just unusually poor fight IQ from Barnett. He made a rookie mistake, something he probably kills his students for making. 

Think he's up there with Mir?

I'd say so, he's more credentialed than Mir I believe, at least in the last decade or so. Hard to compare since he primarily does catch wrestling, but he's tapped some high level guys in competitions.

Edited by StillUnknown

Oh shnap...

That's a bigtime fighter.

If he can reign supreme there, a couple fighters follow suit and head on over...we got ourselves a little org parity. Bendo can't do it by himself, but I know he's not the only one upset with the Reebok deal.

I kind of miss the days of Pride, Strikeforce, and the like, but having all the good fighters in one org is amazing. It's something we take for granted I think. Always wondered when there were multiple leagues. Who would beat who in the dream matchups. Crazy how Pride and Strikeforce combined with the UFC. What a ****ing awesome time. Look at all the dream matchups that came to fruition.

Here's to the Reebok deal running its course. I don't really know the details, but the uniform **** is stale as hell, it was right off the bat. Go back to the personalized designs at least. Jesus Christ.

• Like 1