Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

No way Dana lets that happen. Same reason as for Rousey. You don't want your champion getting beat, then retaining the belt. It's bad for business, and we know how important that has become for DW. It's why I seriously doubt Connor will move up to face RDA. Would bet money that he won't.

Dana said yesterday he's open to Connor moving up without dropping the 145 belt

Connor is going to get what Connor wants. 

Yep, it's booked for UFC 197 - McG vs RDA, along with Holm vs Tate.

So Anderson was right, they pulled 197 out of Brazil. That was rumoured to be Silva Belfort 2 before the Bisping fight was announced.

Who the heck is going to fight on 200? Ronda maybe & 2 title fights? Assuming 1 belt each at 198 & 199, that would mean 6 belts out of 10 over 4 PPV's. or 9 really since the 145 belt is on hold while McG fights RDA.

Color me shocked. I'll still believe it when I see it. Huge risk, IMO. Frankie is a risky fight as well, but it's the safer one and makes total sense. Not like DW to let this happen. BJ Penn the last champ to fight the champs above him? No St. Pierre vs. Anderson, no Anderson vs. Jones, but Conor doesn't defend once and gets the guy above him?

RDA is one of the least-marketable, most unsung champs ever, but is strong/skilled as hell and has a stylistic clash with Conor. It doesn't make much sense to me. They are really banking on Conor winning. If he gets hulk smashed by "Rafael Dos SomeBrazilianGuy", I'm sure that will make Conor less marketable, even while retaining the FW belt. Highlight reel losses, especially recent ones, are marketability-killers. I think he could at least hang in their with Frankie and avoid getting beat down. Against RDA, I can see Conor getting finished for sure.

A two division champ McGregor has dollar signs written all over it. Doubling down. I'm excited, just surprised.

Conor gets what Conor wants until Conor gets his **** pushed in,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cyborg caught a body last night: http://imgur.com/b3TJ0gV

I'll be working tonight, hopefully I'll have control of the TV so i can watch the card anyway. My picks:

Dillashaw by Unanimous Decision: I love Cruz, but the injuries and time off have to hurt him when fighting top flight competition. Rooting for Cruz, but the head says Dillashaw does just enough to win the rounds and take decision.

Pettis over Alvarez by a finish: can't decide whether he submits Eddie or finishes him with strikes. Alvarez has the wrestling to ground Pettis, but he likes to brawl too much for a sniper like Pettis not to catch him with something nasty.