Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

True, but Conor would get destroyed in a boxing ring.

Even when you consider the great diversity in everyone's opinions, the "Boxer vs MMA Fighter debate" actually seems to have a common denominator - a consistent conclusion, nearly every single time the debate comes up. It simply hinges on the environment. If the fight is held in the boxer's "turf" - the boxing ring, then the boxer is expected to win. If it's held in a cage, then the MMA fighter is expected to win. Or did I miss out on seeing an exception(s) to this pattern of conclusions ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

yeah 2 fights at 2 weight classes above the belt you just won-it's not like he cleaned out the division like Aldo did- should be an automatic vacating of the belt.

I think Aldo deserves the rematch, but would prefer to see Conor v Frankie for the belt at UFC 200, to give Aldo more time to recover & train.

Ain't watching, but I think Hunto knocks Mir silly. Mir also has dynamite in that right hand, and Hunto has been rocked a few times late in his career. Slight chance against high chance, reckon I'll take the high chance.

Then there's that whole BJJ skill gap thing, but will Mir really get it there? He should 100% want to get the clinch, go for a trip or two, and then just pull guard.

• Like 1

McGregor v Diaz II happening at 170.

via Ariel Helwani on the MMA hour..

An interesting thing has happened since I put out this report. Of course, a lot of other media sources confirmed it and that's all well and good, and they did it right and credited, I have no beefs, but, a lot of what was reported was incorrect.

By the time that news came out a lot of people said 'Well, they're working on it, but there are no contracts.' I can assure you that the contracts had already been issued. Not signed, but anyone who told you that there were no contracts issued thus making it less of a real thing, that was inaccurate.

Make no mistake about it, the reason this fight is happening at 170 lbs is because, to be frank, Conor McGregor is a bit of a wildman. He is obsessed with the idea that he lost to Nate Diaz at 170 lbs, he feels like he should have won, and he wants the same circumstances. He wants to do it again, and prove that he is the better man.

Edited by Morrison J

Also, he should vacate the belt. If wants to keep fighting at at weight other than 145.

Bingo!

This Diaz rematch is all about avoiding Frankie Edgar, who Conor knows would destroy him. How does Dana allow a guy to win a belt and spend his next 2 fights NOT defending it? Aldo and Edgar are the only two fights for Mcgregor and both Conor and Dana know it. 

He wins the belt, wants to fight RDA. Then he ends up with Diaz, LOSES the fight, and wants Diaz again at 170... again. Ridiculous. Maybe he'll never defend the 145. Makes sense when Dana will just let you stay champ. SMH.

I'm waiting for Conor to snort some coke, slam his car into someone, run from the scene, and still keep his belt and get fights in other weight classes.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

Bingo!

This Diaz rematch is all about avoiding Frankie Edgar, who Conor knows would destroy him.

Zero logic to this whatsoever. Pretty clear McGregor avoids no one at this stage. He simply wants to avenge the loss of Diaz who he believes he can beat. Nothing else to see here.
  • Like 1